Victorian Fairy Tarot

Amsonia

This is one of my top 3 favorite decks, and the one I go to when doing a reading in person with/for someone else, because, like you said, they are easy to interpret without the book and I usually have my friend tell me what she thinks the card means before I add to it...but I don't often read with friends, but I use this deck a lot for myself, I have the app too.

Morwenna

Bumping this to mention that at a science fiction convention I attended this past weekend, Gary Lippincott had an area in the art show, and what do you think he had on display (among other things) but 3 of the originals from this deck!! :bugeyed: It was a real thrill to see the art in person. One quirk though: the King of Summer was mirrored! There was a Tarot card stuck into the frame on the bottom of each picture. If this doesn't boost sales for this deck, I don't know what will!

FLizarraga

I love the art of this deck, the whole seasons/elements spin, and I find it brilliantly done, yet I can't bring myself to read with it. I don't know why.

ldiddy

This is a very non-traditional tarot but every time I get it out and give it attention, it gives the most amazing readings. Art is awesome, so is the book (which helps me with some of the non-traditional interpretations) and I love no borders.

I would say this deck is in my personal top 10 for sure, and right around top 5.

MaileSkye

Oh, I love this deck!

It has a few personal attachments that make it special.

It was a Christmas gift from my mother a few years back. My mom was the one to give me my first tarot deck (my 12th birthday) and bought me one or two others in high school, but that was a long time ago. This was the first time she purchased a deck for me without me standing next to her, whispering what to get me. She knew that this was ONE of the decks I wanted, but the final decision was hers and hers alone. This is my go-to deck whenever I do a reading for my mom.

It was also the deck I packed in my suitcase when I went with my boyfriend to his sister's funeral. While there I did a reading for his brother, who is not the type to ever request a tarot reading. The energy of the weekend was frantic and surreal, but the reading was simple and to the point. He was surprised at how accurate the cards were, and the reading grounded me during a stressful time.

Needless to say, this is a powerful deck for me.

banbha

I have it and love it! I love the concept, the art, and the way it reads. I also like the seasonal attributes of the suits better in this deck than in most others. Some of the interpretations of the scenes into Victorian-fairy-size are just brilliant; my favorite and the one that comes most readily to mind is Strength.

Gary Lippincott is one of those artists that I wished a long time ago would do a Tarot deck, and lo and behold, it happened!

I love the seasonal attributes, I'm ordering a copy of this deck. :) This whole idea while unconventional really appeals to me and I love Lippincott's artwork!

Do you know of other decks that use also use the seasonal attributes in the suits?

Thoughtful

The Victorian Fairy is a lovely, delightful and accurate deck to work with. The images are wonderful and beautifully illustrated by Gary Lippincott. l must say that l have only being using my two favourite decks lately, but now l must revisit the Fairy's! and to especially have a chuckle again at the 10 of Summer.
The thread below l started when l first purchased mine so you may like to read more comments on the deck.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=214985&highlight=victorian+fairy

Amsonia

I love the seasonal attributes, I'm ordering a copy of this deck. :) This whole idea while unconventional really appeals to me and I love Lippincott's artwork!

Do you know of other decks that use also use the seasonal attributes in the suits?

The Wheel of the Year Tarot uses the seasons, it still uses the common suit names, but the artwork is seasonal, with the same season suit associations as the Victorian Fairy...winter-swords, coins-fall, etc.

Both of these decks are ones I really like...some might think the wheel of the year is too cartoonist, but I find the bright colors can be a nice change from the pastel of the Victorian Fairy when I'm in a bolder mood, but still want a season oriented deck.

banbha

The Wheel of the Year Tarot uses the seasons, it still uses the common suit names, but the artwork is seasonal, with the same season suit associations as the Victorian Fairy...winter-swords, coins-fall, etc.

Both of these decks are ones I really like...some might think the wheel of the year is too cartoonist, but I find the bright colors can be a nice change from the pastel of the Victorian Fairy when I'm in a bolder mood, but still want a season oriented deck.

Thanks for the recommendation Amsonia. :) The colors are vivid! I could see how it would make a nice counterpoint to the Victorian Fairy.

Lunaea

Bumping this to mention that at a science fiction convention I attended this past weekend, Gary Lippincott had an area in the art show, and what do you think he had on display (among other things) but 3 of the originals from this deck!! :bugeyed: It was a real thrill to see the art in person. One quirk though: the King of Summer was mirrored! There was a Tarot card stuck into the frame on the bottom of each picture. If this doesn't boost sales for this deck, I don't know what will!

Oh goodie, boosted sales! :)

There were several cards we ended up mirroring when the deck went to press, for various reasons -- to show movement from left to right, for example, or to have pairs of cards facing each other (or not). Sometimes these things don't really pop out until all the art is done and in context. Gary was fantastic about indulging my whims along those lines.

The originals are amazing, aren't they? Watercolor is a complete mystery to me. Gary gave me the original painting of the Fool card and it's one of my most treasured treasures.