What is the deck ...

Elven

Glad you found which deck it was - nothing worse than having that stuck in your head and not knowing!
:D

Trogon

Glad you found which deck it was - nothing worse than having that stuck in your head and not knowing!
:D

I know, right? It had been driving me crazy (admittedly, a short trip) for a while. Now that I'm getting back into Tarot, I was thinking I'd buy it. But from the look of prices on Amazon, it's probably out of print now and out of my price range. :( Though I suppose a used deck is a good idea, but buying something like that on-line is a little iffy.

Carojulie

Hi Trogon, I also though of the Voyager tarot when you mentioned the rock with a face.... I think you can still find it, not so long ago I came accross it on Book depository and put it in my wishlist.... if it is OOP it probably has not been for long and it seems that there are still some stocks around. Good luck !

Trogon

Hi Trogon, I also though of the Voyager tarot when you mentioned the rock with a face.... I think you can still find it, not so long ago I came accross it on Book depository and put it in my wishlist.... if it is OOP it probably has not been for long and it seems that there are still some stocks around. Good luck !

James is still selling it for $20, it seems.

http://james-wanless.com/2996/voyager-tarot-deck-intuition-cards/

And it's dirt cheap on amazon.

Thank you both. I'll probably have to get one soon! :D

Logiatrix

I know, right? It had been driving me crazy (admittedly, a short trip) for a while. Now that I'm getting back into Tarot, I was thinking I'd buy it. But from the look of prices on Amazon, it's probably out of print now and out of my price range. :( Though I suppose a used deck is a good idea, but buying something like that on-line is a little iffy.
FYI...The Voyager is OOP in its original large format (4¾ inches by 5¼ inches). However, it has been reprinted in a smaller, more standard card size (a bit less than 3½ inches by just under 5 inches). That's the one you'll find for around $20. So, if you want the large deck that you remember, then it's the OOP one that you'll need to hunt down.

Trogon

FYI...The Voyager is OOP in its original large format (4¾ inches by 5¼ inches). However, it has been reprinted in a smaller, more standard card size (a bit less than 3½ inches by just under 5 inches). That's the one you'll find for around $20. So, if you want the large deck that you remember, then it's the OOP one that you'll need to hunt down.

Thanks Logiatrix. It was the larger size I was hoping to get. Will just have to keep an eye out for it.

Carojulie

Thank you Logiatrix. Now I understand why, 18 month ago it was easy to find, then last year suddenly it had disapeared from the usual webstores, and now its everywhere again. Makes sense now !
This deck is one that has been on my wishlist for a long time.... but never the first on top of the list, so always pushed back for "later"
Now I regret not getting it two years ago !

MizGrace

I was going to say voyager I am not a subscriber and people struggle with my image links.
I have two sets of this as I was really intrigued by comparison. I am starting to be this way about decks I own trying to locate other printings, I never thought about different backs, borders sizes just one deck one box one style and no updates to them. after the forum has invaded my thoughts on this matter in a neat way I am now delving into the same.
I hope someone else can post some comparisons for you of the way the cards vary. I admit I am yet to use it as the book was quite psychedelic and way out there at the time for me and I wanted very to the point meanings of the cards traditional. I have set myself to one set of cards one book and sticking to it.

well if you can allow me some time today to get my camera and pic links up I can try to photograph the cards if its allowed to see comparisons. This will be fun for me as I havent done this myself.

busy sorting things out as brother is round for his birthday tomorrow making things tidy. I need to get myself out soon and see about some cake for me. I actually typed for me instead of cake for him. I wonder who wants cake here really :)

Logiatrix

Trogon

Thanks Logiatrix. It was the larger size I was hoping to get. Will just have to keep an eye out for it.

Trogon, please check your "mailbox" when you are able; I sent you another message. :)