Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

irisa

Le Fanu said:
MysticalMoose's Arthurian Tarot images don't come up for me. Neither of them. Says I have to log in but I am...

ETA; Oh and her Renaissance Tarot pics too!

Both work for me - they are attachments here at AT do you maybe have images off or something LF?

Thanks pippi great to have these all in one place :D Good to see before I crop!

irisa :)

AJ

Thank you Kikki, this is a great resource for the site.

I won't add photos becuase there already are some, but I love my last trim job, the Pearls of Wisdom.

pippi

The index has been updated to this point.

I think we're good now on Thoth images!

Thanks all!

♥ Kiki

AprilFool

I trimmed my Enchanted Deck and wanted to keep the titles, but still didn't like the way they looked with the white background across the top; so I colored the top w/ Sharpie markers to coordinate with the suit.

After rounding the corners, I used a deeper color of Sharpie to round-off the squared edge of the inner border as well.

By the way, you have to be careful trimming because the border on all the Majors is about 1/32" smaller than the borders on all the Minors; so I had to draw a narrow purple line at the bottom of each Major Arcana border to keep these trimmed cards as large as the trimmed Minors (you can see this in the first image below).

Interestingly, the central portion of each image on the Enchanted is no larger than those on the Zerner Farber deck; but the colors are vastly different, the images on the ZF are stretched sideways, and the borders are cropped off in such as way that you lose a lot of the beauty of each image. The fourth image below shows the Sun, which is not at all round on the ZF deck - it's more of a wide oval.

In the Princess of Swords, you get a very "purple" version with a wider princess in ZF, but a very "blue" version and a rather skinny princess in the Enchanted. You can also see way more of the lovely lace at the bottom of the Enchanted. It's covered by the card title in the ZF. You just have to decide which format you like.

All in all, I'm thrilled with the results!

Attachments

• All Suits Before During & After with Back.jpg
    All Suits Before During & After with Back.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 772
  • Swords Trimming small.jpg
    Swords Trimming small.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 619
  • Front & Back Before During & After Small.jpg
    Front & Back Before During & After Small.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 736
  • Trimmed Enchanted vs. Z-Farber small pic.jpg
    Trimmed Enchanted vs. Z-Farber small pic.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 636

{k}

trimmed tarot of a moon garden

hello everyone
i've just finished trimming my tarot of a moon garden. i trimmed ALL of the borders off, also the swirly ones. to me it feels pretty much like a different deck now, a mini borderless one (9,2 x 4,2 cm / 3.6 x 1.7 inches), and i LOVE it. i never liked the swirly borders, i found them far too distracting from the actual images.
i can't post any pictures here, but i can take photos and email them to someone who can post them, if anyone is interested.
kat

ETA: thanks a lot to AJ for uploading the pics (see below). they turned out a bit small but you get the idea.
i think some people were worried about losing too much of the image when trimming the swirly borders off - i don't think it's too bad though and well worth it.
the backs turned out nice as well, i think. they are not quite reversible but i don't read with reversed meanings, so i don't mind.

AJ

These are {k}'s Moon Garden trims

AprilFool, great job on your decks and thanks for showing the before and after. Without that it is really hard to decide if trimming a deck is a good idea.

Attachments

• moon garden trimmed 1.jpg
    moon garden trimmed 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 677
  • moon garden trimmed 2.jpg
    moon garden trimmed 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 582

Kissa

I trimmed the Osho Zen tarot. I disliked the keywords, that I found too reducing, plus the artwork is expressive enough to stand on its own.

I don't consider this deck to be a real tarot deck, it's more an oracle imo.

I just NEEDED some colors and softness in the beginning of this daaaaark season :-(
I had two candidates for trimming: the Animal Divine and Osho. Now good ol' fart got it this time... ;-)

My next project (still hesitating) might be the Inner Child cards: I have a never used version in French.
http://www.ishalerner.com/home/is1/multilist_1
The cards are ENORMOUS. Trimming would mean losing the lovely borders and the titles eventually but there is no way I can manipulate the cards as such. The backs are great: pure purple, no design. Nam!

Blessings

K

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
I should also do some pics of my LoS Classical and LoS Tarot of the Master & Crystal!
I would LOVE to see pics of the trimmed Tarot of the Master.....should you ever have the time. :D

strings of life

I trimmed my Faerie Tarot by Natalie Hertz.

I trimmed the side borders and top border, but left the bottom border with the title. The colors explode and Natalie's detailed inner borders jump out so much more. It's changed the deck for me, but I knew that I wanted to trim it as soon as I traded for it.

I simply love how it came out! This was my first attempt at using a rotary cutter and it has changed everything. What else to trim :laugh:. All of the cards came out the same size too :thumbsup:.

Edit: I'm aware that I misspelled "faerie" in the image name - oops!

Attachments

• faery-tarot-natalie-hertz-trimmed.jpg
    faery-tarot-natalie-hertz-trimmed.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 836

Debra

Boy, that looks just perfect. Lovely.

(I'm eying the World Spirit, myself.)