My Personal Faeries

DragonFae

Well...this faery journey is simply amazing...It took me quite a while to get in touch with my personal faery guide...hmmmm guess that happened about a month ago...

Personal Faerie Guide: Dragonfly
I was writing one day....just free flowing stuff...ramblings about life and I compared the good days of life to a butterfly and how sometimes you can't get back to the butterfly kinds of days but you can have dragonfly days instead....don't know where the dragonfly came from...never been particularly interested in them....so then like a week later...I was with someone getting a tattoo when I suddenly realized that my next tattoo would be a dragonfly on my foot....and then a few days later as I was just thinking about nothing in particular...I said...."Ah Ha!!! My faery guide is a dragonfly or a faery very much life a dragonfly....and then I created my card....only later did I look up the dragonfly symbolism which is rich in references to faeries, transformation, magic etc. Almost all of the symbolism relates to me on a personal level some way...What an awesome guide to have!!! VERY INTERESTING

Personal Inspiration Faery: Willow Musing
I was reading about the Dreamweaver Faery being Brian's inspiration faery and then how Jessica has one called Grace and I thought....hmmm...wonder who my inspiration faery is....I let it flit around in my mind for a while but nothing really jumped out at me....so I let it go...then a few days later I was driving and the thought came up again and the word muse popped into my head...hmmm...I thought...what is that about?....is that a name or concept?...and then try as I might ...nothing else...so I moved on in my thinking and suddenly the word Musing jumped into my thoughts, skittered across my brain and disappeared again into the darkness....

Musing I said aloud....what else...tell me...but again just the open fields of my inner thoughts....then suddenly the picture of a Willow tree appeared on the canvas of my mind...and the words Willow Musing...just seemed to resonant ...thus my faery introduced herself....only a week later would I think to look up the symbolism of the willow tree...which by the way is not surprisingly link to poets, dreams, and creative expression. (as well as other things)

"Flora and fauna in association with water are symbols of inspired imagination. The psychic connection is indicated and responds to encourage intuition and creativity of thought. In the ogham alphabet, the willow is Saille which became anglicised to "sally" which means a sudden outburst of emotions, action or expression (to "sally forth"). The Old French "saille" also means to rush out suddenly and the Latin "salire" means to leap."

Now what amazes me....is how both of these faeries came to be...popped into my head but then later ....when I explored them a bit more...the links and symbolism were right on target....Gosh....I hope I have more personal faeries I am meant to meet.

I would love to hear any stories of your personal faeries,....