Death, Three of Swords, and Pregnancy

KingMimi

I've seen that Death can mean a pregnancy, and that the three of swords can mean a miscarriage, so does the two cards together with Death being the first card mean a pregnancy then soon after a miscarriage?

nicky

I would look more to the Empress reversed as a miscarriage or infertility but to answer your question sure it could.

nisaba

I wouldn't be making any predictions like that. I'd be strongly suggeesting that, especially if they feel any unusual sensations of have any anxieties, they should be following their doctor's advice to the letter, and requesting scans.

YDM42

I would only read those two cards to mean, change for the worst.

Grizabella

I'd read it more as possibly a surgical intervention in a pregnancy, like maybe a c-section. But like nisaba said, I'd be real hesitant in making a prediction like that. There's no need to worry someone unnecessarily at a time when happiness is in order.

I don't ever read Death as a pregancy, anyway. Somehow I just don't get that connection from the Death card. Maybe from the Empress and Ace of Cups some such, but not Death and anything else.

pink daliha

Yes, Surgery.

Grizabella's right. The Three of Swords can represent surgery or some kind of cutting in it's literal interpretation. The reversal can indicate healing after a wound of some kind, so I wouldn't be making the jump to a miscarrage unless there were a lot of other negative cards around it. It could only mean that some kind of test or necessary medical intervention might occur or that they may have a long convalecence afterwards. Think in terms of heartbeats, as opposed to heartbreak.

starrystarrynight

Death as pregnancy? Maybe reversed more than upright...but I think you would need a few other cards in conjunction with Death (or any other single card, for that matter) to indicate a possible pregnancy. So, to me, it would be a stretch to see Death suggesting pregnancy in the first case. (I'd be looking more for the Empress, Ace/Page of Cups, Ace of Pentacles, maybe...as a possibility to suggest a possible pregnancy, though I still think any card combinations would only suggest the possibility without definite outcome.)

Also, I think the pairing of Death and Three of Swords could suggest miscarriage in a situation where one already is pregnant and known to be so, but I think some other pairings might show up to better predict the scenario you described: a future pregnancy that ends in miscarriage. You may be putting the cart way before the horse here. IMO

DesertRebel

I've seen that Death can mean a pregnancy, and that the three of swords can mean a miscarriage, so does the two cards together with Death being the first card mean a pregnancy then soon after a miscarriage?

Well if the person asked specifically about pregnancy issues then I can see it,but even for a pregnancy I'd read it as someone here said,a change for the worst..
Normally reading these cards together I'd say a major change leading to infidelity
I view the Death card as a transformation of something,never the end

KingMimi

The question was specifically about getting pregnant, the person wanted to know if they would "get pregnant this year?", and I'm thinking everyone that was saying "change for the worst" made sense. I think maybe these two cards were saying that getting pregnant this year for that person would be a change for the worst and that maybe it's not the right time for a baby.

Sar

I would have read it as a pregnancy and that the woman had to have a C-cection.