King of Cups

Azarial

I always have trouble with court cards, but what does the King of Cups mean as the outcome in a relationship reading? The guy I did the reading on is a cancer, but I have no idea what that means as the outcome.

~Azarial~

Thirteen

Azarial said:
I always have trouble with court cards, but what does the King of Cups mean as the outcome in a relationship reading? The guy I did the reading on is a cancer, but I have no idea what that means as the outcome.

King/Cups is often seen to be Cancer. And what it means in an outcome is that your friend will be, in the end, his most...er...Cancerish? That Cancer will rule, which, at it's best, means domesticity, family, the heart over the head, instincts over reason, psychic insights, sensitivity, empathy and compassion.

I would read it as saying that he will put his "kingdom" (family) first--he will be the loving father, the sensitive husband, the self-sacrificing provider and caretaker. At his best, this is the most unselfish of Kings, the King Arthur type who will suffer in silence and take on all the emotional burdens himself rather than hurt those he loves.

Azarial

Thank you very much Thirteen. I had never thought of that before. Sometimes it seems these pesky court cards really bite you in the you know where. They are definately my least favorite cards.

~Azarial~