Robin Wood Book

dolphingirl

Hi Everyone

I know you either love this deck or hate it but I finally broke down and bought the book that goes with the deck from Robins site. This is my is my fav deck and I was curious as to what she had to say on the symbolism she chose. I have to say that this book is one of the most enlightening books on tarot I have ever read. there were so many things in the deck that I had never noticed before and the explanations of why she put some of the symbols in the deck were great! Does anyone else have this book? How did you like it? I would love to hear how this book or even deck has affected you.

thanks
Samantha

faunabay

I agree with you whole heartedly Samantha! I love Robin's book too! She explains things in such an easy manner. It's very understandable and fun to read. and it explains her deck so well!!
I'm with you - I can't recommend it highly enough!

Temperance413

I love the Robin wood deck. It's the only one that makes me feel good just to use it. I don't know, I felt familiar with it the first time I used it.

I haven't read the book yet. though , can you tell me more about it? What kind of material does she cover? What do you like best about it?

Thankx!

Kiama

I found the book after using the deck for about a year and a half. Two words can sum it up I think:

Bloody
Brilliant.

It helped me so much! I just read and read and read, and afterwards, I read some more.... I had finally found out why Robin had used this symbol and that symbol, why these colours and not those, what the hell this was and what that was.... It really did help me.

Kiama

Indigo Rose

GREAT BOOK, GREAT DECK! Robin Wood deck is very similar to the original RSW, but with some beautiful differences. This is the deck I carry with me. As for the book, Tarot Plain and Simple, it has to be one of the best references for Tarot out there.

Lethe

I think you guys have just made up my mind for my next deck :D

Majecot

this deck was on my wish list.... I think it just moved closer to the top ;)

Emily

Hi Indigo Rose,

I think the book DolphinGirl is referring to is the one written by Robin Wood.

'Tarot Plain and Simple' by Anthony Louis is only illustrated with the Robin Wood deck. I have this book though and it is an excellent book but it doesn't explain the cards like the book by Robin Wood does. I use 'Tarot Plain and Simple' with the Rider Waite and the Morgan Greer. :)

Indigo Rose

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the 2 books.

lark

Robin Wood's book is the kind of book that SHOULD come with every tarot deck. But sadly, hardly ever does. She literally explains what every symbol and every color represents in each card. Once you read her book those cards come alive for you. It's like you are privilaged to understand them in a deep intimate way. The way the creator of the deck intended them to be seen and understood. I am a dyed in the wool Robin Wood fan and this book is a big reason why. Absolutely worth every penny if you own or are thinking of owning this deck.