10 of pentacles

Ladybro

Just an experience:
Some time ago a friend of mine challenge me to draw only one card as outcome in a relationship spread with a boy that she only had seen him three times in a very formal situation. I got 10 of pentacles.
Today is a very happy couple

Alissa

magenta said:
The 10 of pentacles also refers to richness of the spirit not only in the material plane.It's not only ablout accumulating wealth...the pentacles also reflect the beauty of spirit, the arts, nobility.
Love and Light :)
Thank you magenta, I'm glad if it helps!! This is exactly how I see the ten.

People often associate 10s with endings, but I see them more as culmination points. If the 10 of cups is the culmination point of all the emotional decisions that have come before it, then the 10 of pentacles shows a culmination point of our material world - with family and friends, even the dog! - that in terms of enjoying and revelling in the material existence of our world. Beauty of spirit and the arts, as you eloquently put it, is one material luxury we know only from our uniquely corporeal existence. And yet, despite the limiting constructs of the material world, the magic of life exists beneath it all, unseen and often unsensed... like the 10 pents we see here. They are there, and yet, we do not really "see" them when viewing the card, we see their faces and such most prominently.

Great conversation and lots of viewpoints!

WaterSong

Hiya Alissa!
Thank you for your response :)
I will type here the one of the readings I made for the couple, so you can see how the "story" develops...They got the same outcome with the 10 of pentacles twice...
The reading I used was a relationship spread.
card number one is how she sees him= Strenght
card number two is how he sees her= wheel of fortune
card number three what she needs= 3 cups
card number four what he needs= 2 pentacles
card 5 where the relationship is now= Ace pentacles
card 6 where she wants it to go= knight of wands
card 7 where he wants it to go=page of cups
card 8 factors to be considered= Ace of cups
result, outcome= 10 of pentacles

I got the same outcome with them twice and very similar cards, lots of cups.
I would love your input in this reading( and anybody else!)
so many interesting insights :)
Love and Light

brenmck

Golden Tarot Greyhound!

Alissa said:
People often associate 10s with endings, but I see them more as culmination points. If the 10 of cups is the culmination point of all the emotional decisions that have come before it, then the 10 of pentacles shows a culmination point of our material world - with family and friends, even the dog!

Had a real happy experience with this card just two days ago. I'm getting a house with a big yard mainly so I can have a dog again. I spent an evening with friends and we talked about my adopting or "rescuing" a greyhound. I came home and did just a general three-card, and the third card was the Ten of Coins. In the Golden Tarot there is a sleek, thin hound in the foreground, sitting in the bliss of his subjects - a greyhound, unmistakably! And this is a beginning as well as an ending, an open-ended card for me.

Otherwise, the presence of the Wise Old Man in other decks is usually what strikes me first. And the unspoken contentment and gratitude between the figures.

~B~

wind

Hi everyone!

Great answers - and they really made things clear! Thanks for sharing!

Love
wind

Lady Orchard

10 of pentacles as outcome for a couple I would see as really good....but perhaps I am just annoyingly optimistic when I read my cards!!! I would see it as them possibly building the foundation for something that will outlast their lifetime, ie their own ancestors.

Magenta, that spread looked really good to me too! (sorry!) But I got the feeling that perhaps he is a little more decisive over the relationship than she is - he sees her as the wheel - maybe he feels she can be a little changeable? What he needs is the 2 of pentacles - so he needs a decision to be made? And where he wants the R to go - Page of Cups - this for me was the significant one. In my deck it pictures a girl holding a cup and deciding whether to drink from it or not, and I always find myself willing her to. So again he wants her to commit further maybe??

WaterSong

Hello Lady Orchard!
I tend to be very optimistic too that's why I sometimes ask for a second opinion:)....your insight was really helpful and It makes totally sense.He is a kind of solid guy, has been through a lot of pain in previous relationships so I think he needs reassurance from her that she will be there for him.I know from her side that she totally adores him but I think that in his case what is playing a big role are his fears and his need for security.
He is also coming out of a previous (unhappy) relationship and I guess he wants to make sure all will go well.
It's funny that he might perceive my friend like that , she is so loving, but it makes sense from his perpective, knowing his background.
I made another spread for them and the outcome was the two of cups :)
I will look for it and post it for you.
I am happy for my friend, she deserves some joy in her life too.

Love and Light to you