Tarot Workbooks

Sophia77

Does anyone have any recommendations for tarot workbooks besides Tarot for Yourself or Learning the Tarot?

I have both of those and they are amazing - but wanted to get recommendations of some others. Thanks!!!!

rwcarter

There's a whole list of workbooks in the forum index at Workbooks.

Sophia77

I looked through those - and although a great list was wondering if anyone had personal experience with a specific workbook that may or may not be listed. Although the reviews on AT are great different people have such a wide range of experiences that there could be different info out there.

blueeyetea

I really liked The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever by Dusty White. It's got a series of down-to-earth games and exercises to help the youreader get acquainted with your cards. There's also a section where two pages are devoted to each card: one where he describes the card meaning, the other page for you to write your impressions. There's lots of space to write directly in the book, if you're so inclined.

A lot of Mary K. Greer's books have exercises, and meditations.

In the end, it really depends on what you're looking for.

Winterchild

Mary K. Greer

Totally agree re Mary's books, I have Tarot Mirrors which is out of print now but well worth it if you can find it... her other books are wonderful too. As recommended by Empyrean Knight, her 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card is fantastic and a really in depth but step by step way to get to know a card and relate it to your own personality.

The Tarot Playbook is fun that one is by Lynda Cowles.

lucid_dawn

Looking for Workbooks too

I too am looking for a new workbook and hope you all have some more suggestions. I actually started using Dusty's "Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER!!" and it seems like this method has actually dumbed down my interpretations of the cards. I also can't seem to put the cards together, my relation between the cards seems superficial almost like I've lost the depth within the cards and can't connect the meanings. He has exercises to connect the cards but the examples of doing this are the most obvious card combinations and the most simplistic interpretations.

I want to get deeper into the cards and learn how to combine the meanings in a more meaningful way. Any book suggestions that will get me going? Such as Joan Bunning or Mary K. Greer, etc? I'd appreciate some suggestions.

avalonian

I'd recommend "Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards" by Kim Huggens. It's also available on Kindle. It has extremely good exercises and questions to ask yourself to find your own meanings which really builds your connection to your cards, regardless of which deck you are using.

:) :) :)

lucid_dawn

I thought I responded to this. Thank you for the reference Avalonian. This one definitely looks promising.

crystalrose

I too am looking for a new workbook and hope you all have some more suggestions. I actually started using Dusty's "Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER!!" and it seems like this method has actually dumbed down my interpretations of the cards. I also can't seem to put the cards together, my relation between the cards seems superficial almost like I've lost the depth within the cards and can't connect the meanings. He has exercises to connect the cards but the examples of doing this are the most obvious card combinations and the most simplistic interpretations.

I want to get deeper into the cards and learn how to combine the meanings in a more meaningful way. Any book suggestions that will get me going? Such as Joan Bunning or Mary K. Greer, etc? I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Yea I have dusty's book and while it hasn't dumbed down my own readings, I find his meanings for the cards kind of rigid and simplistic. Some of his ideas I just don't agree with. The exercises are interesting and fun to do, though and I can see what he's getting at.

I also have 21 Ways To Read a Tarot Card and I find that one more interesting.