Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

Melvis

Can I play, too?

I've always loved this spread, luna, so I'd like to participate, too!

I am a Leo, with Pisces rising and Moon in Virgo.

My Personality and Soul Cards are both 4 - Emperor.

My "Inner" and "Outer" Year Cards are both 7 - Chariot, but Outer Year changes to 8 - Strength in January.
(I call the Birthday to Birthday Year the "Inner" Year, and the Calendar Year the "Outer" Year. It helps me keep them straight in my head! ;) )

I did something very unusual...I used a different deck for each card pulled! I tried to match the 'spirit' of the deck with the 'spirit' of the Sign, as I understand it. And I didn't get any duplicated cards, which I was worried might happen.

And the cards...

Melvis

SCORPIO -- Hierophant (Cosmic Tribe) -- Neptune

SAGITTARIUS -- Sun (Phantasmagoric Theatre)

CAPRICORN -- Page of Clubs/Wands (Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg)

AQUARIUS -- 9 of Birds/Swords (Shining Tribe) -- Lilith

PISCES -- 4 Swords (Inner Child) -- Saturn, Chiron, Rising

ARIES -- King of Cups (Fantastical)

TAURUS -- 10 of Cups (Rohrig)

GEMINI -- 3 of Orbs/Coins (Shakespeare) -- Jupiter, True/Mean Node

CANCER -- 8 of Cups (New Palladini)

LEO -- Knight of Cups (Bohemian Cats) Sun, Mercury

VIRGO -- 4 of Wands (Light and Shadow by Brian Williams) - Moon, Venus, Uranus, Pluto

LIBRA -- Ace of Flames/Wands (Margarete Petersen) -- Mars

(The pink is supposed to be 'fiery red', but pink is easier on the eyes! ;) )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

lunalafey

OOOOOOOOO
different deck for each sign!
now that's daring! and you did not get a repeat.....
heehee.
looking good - everyone.
Have a look at what ever patterns and connections you can find with numbers and elements (if you like)
I will be getting into the next part of the study in the next day or two (time/work related delay)

WalesWoman

Don't know if this will confuse things more or be of any help, but I found a web site that breaks down Tarot and corresponding elements, plantets and signs. One is for the Minor Arcana- just the pips and there are other pages for the and Majors.
http://www.nodntap.net/test/minors_chart.shtml
http://www.nodntap.net/test/majors_chart.shtml

This site is really great...http://www.astrology-numerology.com/insigns.html
You can check a planet and then the sign combo and it sort of says what might be going on, actually it's more of a personality thing for a natal chart, but I thought it might also put a finger on emotional/psychological things happening.
I used the signs, planets from the Tarot Studies site and then can cross reference them to find out sort of what it might mean astrologically as well as see how they go with the meanings of the cards. This is theory only, I haven't gotten that far yet.

lunalafey

oh- cool- I was going to put up the correspondences of just the Majors up
{but the page won't open for me at the moment}
A site for the minors- heehee, that could be near obsession, but I'm gonna look into it anyway.
and an astro-numerology site- wonderful!
I'm working through & almost done with the connections-
I have some thick stuff going on with fire-aires-saturn-emperor-sun...
yikes!

Melvis

Excellent job, WalesWoman! I was looking for something like that last night!

Ah, now I can get down to work...

:D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

lunalafey

OK-
Here we go with the 'overall' look at this spread; the House-Annual reading.
I'm going to go through 3 houses at a time...

Where to Start~

Go to the card that is in the sign position of your rising sign. For me, a Virgo rising, I would start with the Ace of Cups....this is my first house.

House representations-

1st House-
Rules the personality, natural disposition and tendancies, self interests and general worldly outlook. Influences the first impressions that others make of you. Associates with the head and face as well as the over all health of the body.

2nd House-
Rules finances & monetary prospects, gain or loss. This is how possessions are handled, being money &/or material objects. Rules the throat and ears)

3rd House-
Rules communications, brethren, neighbors- the outter enviroment, eduaction, study, writing and our over all mental ability. Also short travels.
Rules shoulders, collar bone, arms, hands, lungs, and nervous system.

How to read
Look to the sign, the card, and the house combination.
The first house card would then show 'how we will be' through the year, 2nd will show the influences upon the things we have and will have and the potential there in. The 3rd house will express the interactions we have with the people around us as well as the line of thinking we take.

here's a link for more on houses {brief look}
http://www.north-node.com/tutorial/houses/houses.html

So now at this point- we can start to post our readings starting with a thread- Astro-twist: Annual {name}
Post your spread in the order that starts with your first house card.
I figure we can open these threads with the connections we have found {for reference purposes} so far and then get into the houses.

lunalafey

houses 4 thru 6

When looking at the houses and the cards, also keep in mind the sign that influences this house and any planets that might be in your natal or even transiting as we speak.
The card shows the influence in this area of life during the year. Any natal planets show how we will respond or react in that area of life.

4th House
Rules the home and family, childhood. 4th house is at the bottom of the natal chart and thus represents the foundation. Past as well as present home environment and domestic affairs, privacy, your nest & those within that home place. It is where all the memories past reside This can also represent real estate and associates with the breasts, stomach, and digestive organs.

5th House
Rules love affairs, marriages & children. Things that bring pleasure and happiness. Entertainment, hobbies & recreation. Rules the heart and back.

6th House
Rules everyday life, routines and rhythm of how we function on a day to day basis. Service to others. Relates to work, health and pets.
Rules the Solar Plexus and bowels.

WalesWoman

When we work on the house part of the spread, are we supposed to factor in the ruling planet/sign of that particular house as well?

For example the First House is Mars/Aries, but starting this with our rising sign, mine is Libra... and I drew 9 Cups. I'm just confused what I'm supposed to be looking at. From the one site 9 Cups is Jupiter /Pisces, so I'm trying to factor this into how this will affect the traits of Libra and factor in the 9 Cups meanings as well? Also Neptune was in Libra in my natal chart. Do I disregard the whole Mars/Aries aspect of First House or what? Sorry, my mind is sort of scattered and I'd hoped that this would be a good mental diversion, but....am I making this lots harder than it needs to be?

I think it's going to take me all year to figure out my year...lol

lunalafey

WalesWoman said:
When we work on the house part of the spread, are we supposed to factor in the ruling planet/sign of that particular house as well?

Do I disregard the whole Mars/Aries aspect of First House or what?

From the one site 9 Cups is Jupiter /Pisces, so I'm trying to factor this into how this will affect the traits of Libra and factor in the 9 Cups meanings as well?

You could factor it in. Using your rising sign and it's ruling planet.
(then there are falls and detriments- yikes!)

Yes! throw that aries influnce on your first house stuff out- unless you are an aries rising.
Aries is the sign that represents ego,Taurus, the second in line, represents possessions- the order of the representations for houses only 'follow' what the sign represents. That sign itself (the ari-tau-gem-can=1-2-3-4hs) has no influence- the sign that does influence is your rising. It is the nature of the sign that comes out in your ego- or your possessions.
Hope I did not confuse you more.
What I do; If there is a big obvious connection, say your rising is Taurus, ruled by Venus and you pull the Empress.....then I would take extra note of it.

I'm {personally} not going to study the minors with the planet sign reps. quite yet. I made a chart with all the signs and planets and rulerships and natal info- when I look up the minors I will throw that in- but like above.
Unless you have a direct connection- which you do, 9 of cups/pisces and natal Neptune. Looks to the characteristics of this planet especially and the sign and how the 9 of Cups brings these things about.

that help?