21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card; Discussion for the ADEPT level

squeakmo9

Great to see you back Jewel! Glad all is well:)

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
So, everyone is in a playful mood. That's OK. But, a question is raised, "What is the most playful card in your favorite deck?"

That's a good question Dave, my RWS Page of Cups and 3 of Cups looks like fun. The Page seems to carry an innocence and sense of humor that can manage him no matter the situation, and the 3 of Cups just looks like a mini party:)

Jewel

squeakmo9 said:
Great to see you back Jewel! Glad all is well:)
~hugs~ Hey Squeak!!!!!! great to see you again!!! I am looking forward to finally finishing up 21 ways (or is it 21 years? *LOL*), and joining you and Dave in the "I finished my course" category *LOL*. I might need some moral support and encouragement ... I am so close though. I think I am on Step 18 need to find my journal ~bows head with shame~.

dadsnook2000

For Jewel

I have PM'd Coyote Black a few times, back and forth. He says you have his number, and that he has been working on a contract but has or will have more time over the holidays. Dave

coyoteblack

Jewel said:
Coyote are you out there???? want to come finish this up with me???? Anybody else? I am thinking we could start in January!

we have a 2 week break in school coming up and I am between contracts so I should be able to start this Saturday. I have no idea where I finished though.

coyoteblack

Ok I am on step 13 according to my notebook we shall call this website plus going to the last thread I was a member of. If I pause I might not complete this so I will try a whirlwind of step work.

dadsnook2000

A holiday message

Three years ago, at the end of next month, this discussion group was started. Many of the threads have logged over 4,000 views, one/more hit 12,000 views. Thanks to Mary Greer's inspired book, "21 Ways ...." we have been inspired in turn.

What I want to say concerns the wonder that is found in our practice of Tarot. As tarot readers we have a privilege that many others do not have; a view into the mystery and synchronicity that underlies human life. When we lay out a spread that represents a question or issue that a friend or client wishes to know more about, then lay out cards that combine with each those spread positions, and then let the messages flow --- well, that is where the wonder of it all is clear to be seen.

We trust in this process. We trust in ourselves. The client trusts us. And the universe comes through . . . always. The joy of finding a coherent message in the cards, the interest that turns to understanding in the eyes across the table, the satisfaction that we find in helping another --- all of this is our special gift to others and to ourselves.

Mary Greer's book, all the other books we have studied, and the special bonds that have developed on this list have all converged to make our tarot experience so much richer, so much more helpful, so more satisfying, yet so much more mysterious and wonderful. Thank you all for enriching my tarot life and for enriching the life of your Internet friends. Enjoy your holidays. Dave