Best Bargains

MissChiff

I found a Victorian Romantic still sealed on Amazon for $30.00. I thought I was seeing things!

MaeWasteland

Saw a youtube review of the Enchanted Tarot, and liked the look of it. Didn't really have money for a whole deck, but Amazon had what looked to be a copy of the hardback book shown in the video (there was a user submitted photo of the book by the listing rather than the usual Amazon image of a book/deck) for 21p plus postage, total cost £3.01 - sounded a decent price, the book has large images of all the cards and seemed to have a few interesting insights, judging by the review, so I thought "why not?"

Post came a few days later and I was rather chuffed to open a jiffy bag and find that the deck was included as well as just the book! I don't think it's a fantastically rare and expensive deck or anything (??) but for £3.01 I thought that was a pretty good deal!

MizGrace

some great finds there :) I had to look them up to understand what they are.

JylliM

I dont know if I just got some bargains or not I bought

The Cosmic Tarot Box bumped shelf storage but cards as new. 1993 11.00 plus postage 2.60
Spiral tarot new box slight shelf wear1998 £5.75 plus postage £2.80
Voyager tarot 1989 and book for--£13.00 with way of the great oracle book

I mustn't spend now I don't know I becoming addicted to buying tarot this could be dangerous. I now feel a pain in my stomach thinking did I do the right thing and hey that is grocery money. I feel stupid.

Don't worry. If you don't like them you can sell them on. If you do like them, it's a great result! :)

earthair

I had the new Schiffer Gaian on order, then got a message from Amazon saying that the pre-order was cancelled...

...later that very same day I was wandering around a ye olde crystally shoppe which had an unopened Llewellyn boxed set for £20 :D ... well I bought that one instead of waiting until June. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush etc etc

Sigrdrifa

Recently I came across the Hudes deck, factory sealed, in a new age shop. Apparently they weren't aware of its OOP/HTF status as they were selling it for regular retail price of 25 euros :D

MizGrace

Thank you :) I nearly had Witches Tarot box set used it was going for 10.00 someone got it at 17.00 plus 4.00 postage I simply couldnt afford to stretch further. I feel I have missed something which resonates with me on a strong level oh well! JylliM I have a feeling I am going to love them the Cosmic pictures I have seen look stunning on the www.:-)

maybe find it again someday, just at an extortionate price and have to avoid it. Im a bit gutted about it. yet seller didnt show the cards just said 'used' they might be completely wrecked. you never know.
so my decks if I dont like are easy to sell thats something. The seller was kind and said she had combined my postage and refunded it to me! I was very surprised. I hope they turn up soon cant wait to see them.
wish I knew more places on the web uk to buy cards I have no idea as everything I am seeing is pretty much usa/europe and high end prices uk amazon is sparse.

JylliM

MizGrace do you use Bookdepository? Free shipping, very reasonable prices. And just occasionally there'll be a deck at a strangely low price. Eg. I bought the Centennial PCS for $16. Then it went back up to $26. Bizarre.

MaeWasteland

I don't find Amazon too bad, but I guess it depends what exactly you're after. As well as Book Depository, Wordery and Abebooks both have a pretty good selection and are usually a quid or so cheaper than Amazon and BD (so far, not always, deff worth checking all four) on in print decks. For out of print, Abebooks seems a little more reliable in terms of actually having stuff, but if Wordery or Book Depository have it they may be a touch cheaper. Afaik Abebooks and BD are both owned by Amazon now, but for whatever reason BD often has a different price even for things which appear to be the identical item, available from them but through Amazon marketplace. Abebooks is pretty much made up of lots of sellers of different sizes, I think, and not all of them list stuff on Amazon marketplace, so it's usually worth checking both, plus Abebooks sellers can offer free/specific priced postage whereas marketplace has a flat £2.80 shipping fee.

If a deck is published in the UK, it may also be worth checking the publisher's website, e.g. I bought my Wildwood direct from... Either the publisher or the author, can't remember, but anyway, very nice people, little cheaper than Amazon I think it was. Watkins publish a few decks, though I think more Oracle than Tarot, but they're worth checking out (they also have a shop in London - I think it's the same people, anyway.)

Ace

Garage sale find: Viking Tarot in a beat up box (still sealed) for $.50. I started to give it to a friend and she told me she could not take it, it was very valuable. With another friend's help, I sold it on Amazon for $50!

barb