Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 214 : September 5 - September 11

JylliM

Just remembered I was also supposed to be getting to know my Art Nouveau Lenormand! Well, I tried - I drew a couple of cards but at this stage I just can't find Lenormand interesting. This particular deck is stunning to look at but (and I know NOTHING) I feel that Lenormand lacks the depth and range of tarot so I won't be bothering with it. For now, anyway. Sorry to any Lenormand fans reading this - as I said, I know nothing, and my ignorance may be rectified in the future :).

swedishfish612

I'm having a fine week with the Tarot of the Hidden Realms, which I expected I would, as it is one of my top 10 decks. I'm getting cards that make sense, they're as beautiful as ever, etc. But my attention is scattered because what I really have been wanting is to dive into the Alchemical Renewed! lol

I wanted to wait until after Halloween, so I could play with my dark decks from mid-Sept. on through the end of Oct., but the Alchemical Renewed is driving me crazy because I want to play with it so badly. I'm going to try to resist it, but we'll see how successful I am.

Wild Wisdom of the Faery oracle is a delight, as it was when I first worked with it earlier this summer. It's one of my favorites of my oracle collection so far.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm having a fine week with the Tarot of the Hidden Realms, which I expected I would, as it is one of my top 10 decks. I'm getting cards that make sense, they're as beautiful as ever, etc. But my attention is scattered because what I really have been wanting is to dive into the Alchemical Renewed! lol

I wanted to wait until after Halloween, so I could play with my dark decks from mid-Sept. on through the end of Oct., but the Alchemical Renewed is driving me crazy because I want to play with it so badly. I'm going to try to resist it, but we'll see how successful I am.

Wild Wisdom of the Faery oracle is a delight, as it was when I first worked with it earlier this summer. It's one of my favorites of my oracle collection so far.

Did you find the Tarot of the Hidden Realms hard to work with at first? I love the artwork but all the cards seem to just be portraits and not scenes, which is why I haven't picked up a copy yet. I worry that the readings I would give with it won't be as deep as from the samples I've seen there isn't a lot of symbolism or scenery to pull from.

swedishfish612

Did you find the Tarot of the Hidden Realms hard to work with at first? I love the artwork but all the cards seem to just be portraits and not scenes, which is why I haven't picked up a copy yet. I worry that the readings I would give with it won't be as deep as from the samples I've seen there isn't a lot of symbolism or scenery to pull from.

You're right about them mostly being like portraits, and only you will know if that will work for you or not.

Oddly enough, this is one of my easiest decks to read and I get some very deep, spiritual readings from it. I barely even notice which cards they are, if that makes sense...I see the images and I know what they're saying to me, right off the bat, before I realize that I'm looking at the Hierophant or the 5 of Pentacles or whatever. But I've never had that reaction to any other deck. I've had this deck for 2 years and haven't even read the guidebook yet; it's that intuitive for me. I do plan on eventually reading it, to hopefully deepen my experience of the deck. But I wanted to form my own relationship with it before I heard what the creator and artist had to say.

I think we all have decks that for some reason or another hit us that way and we find them very easy to read. I've heard some people raving about this deck, and others saying it's impossible to read. If you ever get it, I'd love to know what you think!

edit- Wait..it might be one year only. I can't remember if I got this deck last summer or the summer before...lol!

RiverRunsDeep

Why bother resisting? Halloween is a lloooong time away. :laugh: Go ahead
and play with it already! Plenty of time for dark decks over the dark winter
months.. Ulterior motive....I'd like to hear about the Alchemical Renewed. :D

So...I didn't expect to find any of the Pagan Cat cards thought-provoking, but
check out this Lovers Card. The image shows a black and white cat gazing into
a crystal ball. Inside the crystal are a black cat and a white cat, curved around
each other like the yin-yang symbol. In this image, I see that our choices are
rarely black and white or either/or. As the cat with both black and white fur reveals, no matter which path we choose,we are still colored by the path not chosen. (Not sure if River Ran very Deep just then, but I thought that was interesting!)

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 64

Madrigal

I have put the Devas of Creation and Tarot of the Spirit aside for now and am happily following the whims of intuition and interest as far as what I want to work with each day.

I've been looking at my darker decks to see which ones I want to work with as we move into shorter days and cooler temps and Samhain and Dias de los Muertos approach. I don't really have any traditionally dark decks though Daniels' Tarot of the Vampyres is on the list. I do have a number of decks both Tarot and Oracle that feel more liminal and shadowy and I'm planning to pair some up and use some solo for a chunk of time over the next little while.

TotHR is one of my top ten. Somehow the portraits come alive and spark wonderful intuitive journeys. I've gotten some very resonant readings with it.

So...I didn't expect to find any of the Pagan Cat cards thought-provoking, but
check out this Lovers Card. The image shows a black and white cat gazing into
a crystal ball. Inside the crystal are a black cat and a white cat, curved around
each other like the yin-yang symbol. In this image, I see that our choices are
rarely black and white or either/or. As the cat with both black and white fur reveals, no matter which path we choose,we are still colored by the path not chosen. (Not sure if River Ran very Deep just then, but I thought that was interesting!)

The river runs very deep ;)

DaughterOfDanu

You're right about them mostly being like portraits, and only you will know if that will work for you or not.

Oddly enough, this is one of my easiest decks to read and I get some very deep, spiritual readings from it. I barely even notice which cards they are, if that makes sense...I see the images and I know what they're saying to me, right off the bat, before I realize that I'm looking at the Hierophant or the 5 of Pentacles or whatever. But I've never had that reaction to any other deck. I've had this deck for 2 years and haven't even read the guidebook yet; it's that intuitive for me. I do plan on eventually reading it, to hopefully deepen my experience of the deck. But I wanted to form my own relationship with it before I heard what the creator and artist had to say.

I think we all have decks that for some reason or another hit us that way and we find them very easy to read. I've heard some people raving about this deck, and others saying it's impossible to read. If you ever get it, I'd love to know what you think!

edit- Wait..it might be one year only. I can't remember if I got this deck last summer or the summer before...lol!
I may consider adding it to my Christmas/Yule list as I'm on a no new decks hiatus until then :p

TotHR is one of my top ten. Somehow the portraits come alive and spark wonderful intuitive journeys. I've gotten some very resonant readings with it.

Very true and thank you both! I feel a bit hypocritical in that I love the Wild Unknown tarot, which has ultra minimal scenes and love how it makes my intuition blossom when doing readings, but waffle on other decks that have limited scenes but still more going on than in the WU.

Scarlet Woodland

I'm having a fine week with the Tarot of the Hidden Realms, which I expected I would, as it is one of my top 10 decks. I'm getting cards that make sense, they're as beautiful as ever, etc. But my attention is scattered because what I really have been wanting is to dive into the Alchemical Renewed! lol.

I know what you mean :D The Nature's Whispers oracle is stunning but there are two new Jasmine Becket-Griffith oracles burning a hole in my altar right now and I can't keep my grabby hands off them haha. Will make a concerted effort to work with the Nature's Whispers tomorrow though as I can play with the newbies to my heart's content from Sat.

Funny you mention the Hidden Realm and Wild Unknown Treeleafe, as I've been really torn with which of these to use next week... ooh, then again my Green Witch should be here any day now so might just bail out of the decision and hold out for my shiny new toy :)

VGimlet

While I will miss the Tarot of Mr. Punch, he'll be back someday. :)

New thread for the upcoming week is here.

And I can't say I'll be sad to see the last of this week. Hopefully next week will be MUCH better.