Separating cards from a deck for spell bags

tarotot_yeezus

My boyfriend is going out of town and he has pretty bad anxiety so I'm making him a small spell bag/anti-anxiety bag with herbs and crystals. I also had a thought that it might be a good idea to pull the Strength card out of my mini Universal deck to reinforce his feelings of confidence and...well, strength. Is there any precedent for this? Is it a good/bad idea? Has anyone on here done something similar and if so, what were the results?

Your feedback and suggestions are much appreciated!

MissChiff

You could take a copy of the card...roll it up use ribbons...just an idea..that way you won't lose your card...

jolie_amethyst

While not precisely a spell, I keep the Magician from the Robin Wood deck out at all times on my desk, with a fairly large clear crystal cluster on top of him to amplify his characteristics...the crystal is pointed directly at the spot where I sit. I have another card under a crystal grid at the moment to help focus that grid's energy at something specific. So I can't say it's not something I do.

But...mojo/amulet bags like those you describe, especially ones for anxiety, are often held and squished around in hands and pockets a lot. Plus, even smooth tumblestones can dent or crease cards, while sharper edged crystals can scratch them and some herbs can stain them. I probably wouldn't put even a mini card into bag of this sort unless I was willing to lose it to damage.

If you're willing to make that sacrifice, though, it should be a nice focus for the bag. And MissChiff's suggestion of a copy instead is probably the best idea.

tarotot_yeezus

Miss Chiff, that makes a lot of sense! I don't have access to a copier, but maybe I will just draw a copy of Strength and focus my energy into it in a cleansed space. That might even give it more power than the original card! Thank you for the suggestion!

jolie_amythyst, I hadn't even considered all the damage the card might take. Thank you for bringing it up! I wanted to rub some essential oils into the bag and I'm certain that would have damaged the card somehow. Also, putting the card into the anxiety bag may affect its energy when I try to use it again... another thing I hadn't considered. I dont want it to get clouded! Thank you!

Tigerangel

I made a spell bag a few years ago for my sister, though it was for a different reason than anxiety, it worked pretty well for her, she was having trouble with a work colleague, I used crystals, herbs and rune script in the bag, as I wish harm to no one, it was a spell to give my sister peace of mind and remove her from her work life, it so happened the person it question got a promotion and was sent to another area of the company where my sister no longer had to deal with her.

So although I never used a tarot card, my suggestion would be that as said before print off a picture of a strength card instead of using a card from you deck, and on the back of the printed picture either write or paint with red pen/ink/paint a combination of these runes Kenaz/sowulo/ansuz/raido/kenaz

Sowul is for power and self confidence
Ansuz is for effective magical energy/confidence/communication
Raido is for a safe journey and to protect your boyfriend
Kenaz is placed at the start and the end of the other three rune symbols to seal the rune script and offer protection

You can search online for the symbols or if you like I can write them down and add a picture attached if you wanted to go ahead with this suggestion.

ETA..I just read your comment about wanting to use essential oils, you can also trace the symbols with your chosen oils while affirming your intentions for the spell bag, this would work well with you drawing the strength card as you can't print it.

tarotot_yeezus

Tigerangel, I really like the idea of the runes, but I've never used them before and I dont know much about them. Will my lack of knowledge affect their usefulness? I'm interested in rune work and I am open to using it, just inexperienced with it. The essential oil idea is great! I will definitely use that - it will also add to the calming scents I plan on including in the bag.

You guys have all been so helpful! I'd be happy to post about what I end up going with and including pictures if anyone is interested. I'm happy to share the product of all of our pooled knowledge!

I'm growing to love this community more by the day! :D

earthair

Put the card in a protective plastic wallet type holder first?

tarotot_yeezus

Put the card in a protective plastic wallet type holder first?

Another great suggestion! Unfortunately I dont have any of those sleeves on hand, but I will definitely keep that in mind for next time! I'm sure this wont be the last time I create a spell bag.

Tigerangel

Tigerangel, I really like the idea of the runes, but I've never used them before and I dont know much about them. Will my lack of knowledge affect their usefulness? I'm interested in rune work and I am open to using it, just inexperienced with it. The essential oil idea is great! I will definitely use that - it will also add to the calming scents I plan on including in the bag.

You guys have all been so helpful! I'd be happy to post about what I end up going with and including pictures if anyone is interested. I'm happy to share the product of all of our pooled knowledge!

I'm growing to love this community more by the day! :D

Well firstly we all have to start somewhere when we learn a new skill, what's most important in using runescript in a magickal working is to know the meaning of the rune and effect you want from it, and to write it down in the order you wish it to work, the rune script I wrote in the other post was what I would have used for gaining confidence and using communication to give self confidence also to empowered these aspects and give protection for a safe journey.

It's my own personal belief that it's our own intent and focus that empowers the runes, the process of doing the active act of making the spell bag and our intent and focus is what gives it power.

You might like this website to get to know about runes and there uses and meanings
http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/galdr.html

I have my own way of using rune magick in accordance with my own spiritual beliefs, the triple goddess aspect is important to me, so I will always say a chant for my intentions 3 times.

Just start with what you feel comfortable with, just using the one rune symbol can be effective also, just find the one that you feel is most appropriate to what you want to achieve in the spell bag, you can also paint or write the rune symbol on to the crystals in the bag, there is alot of different ways to use runes in magick, as of now I have a spiritual affirmation in my purse that I have wrote some runescript on that I feel will help with manifesting the affirmation for me, and I take out every morning and read it out, once I'm done with using it I will burn the piece of paper, which is just a personal preference of mine to end its effect.

Another thing I like to do with rune magick is use a colored candle for what type of energy I need and score the rune symbol into it and let it burn down whist I meditate on my intent and focus and intentions for what I'm needing while I have all the ingredients layed out to be put into the spell bag.