Need help finding a suitable oracle deck...

214red

Hi,

I currently read tarot, but would like to expand into other methods of divination. I have learnt to read drawings etc, but would now love to learn to read oracle cards, even with the tarot cards. I have a bit of tarot fatigue and need to learn something related, but different.

There are a plethora of oracles cards out there and i have no idea were to start looking, i have checked my local stores and AT and one hasnt jumped out at me so far.

Basically i am asking, if you like the Osho zen, RWS, UW desks, Guilded, what Oracle decks would you recomend me to look at?

all help appriciated

Nik

celticnoodle

how about learning to read the general run of the mill playing cards? that is the first oracle deck i learned to read, first deck I learned to read. it was great fun, because no matter where you went, someone had a deck of playing cards on them. in fact, even if you are in a place that you would not want to bring notice to what you are doing, you can get away with giving a reading to someone!

there are a few sites on line regarding cartomancy, as well as books that are very reasonable in price that you can purchase in bookstores. a deck of playing cards are about as cheap as you can get in purchasing a reading deck too! you can, if you decide to do so, 'assign' the same sort of meaning to each card that corresponds to the minors in a tarot deck. it's just like any other deck you chose to read with, there is no wrong way to read them--only how you are comfortable with!

Ange

The two Doreen Virtue decks that I have are Messages from your Angels, and Magical Mermaids and Dolphins. The Angels one isn't too 'religious' in it's messages, and the Mermaids one is quite a nice easy one to get the card meaning and read.

One of my favourites is the Victorian Flower oracle....again a very nice deck to read with.

I also have the Amy Brown Wisdom deck, which I tend to use more for myself, but again, a nice deck and easy to read with.

I tried the Nature Speak, by Ted Andrews, but couldn't get much from that, but I'm sure that lots of folks get on with it ok.

I'd have a look at the card section on here, click on the 'oracles' and have a browse through them to see if any stand out at you....:)
Ang x

missycab

I recommend the Lenormand. There are different decks! It's one of my favourite oracles!

214red

Ange- thanks, I have looked through the site, but nothing stood out. The reason I posted here is that recommendations mean soo much, they have helped me with my tarot card purchases, especially my Osho Zen.i will look at the ones you have suggested :)

Celticnoodle- I like the dea of playing cards and making my own major arcana up, I like crafts and this would give me a project to do and learn.

Missycab- I like the idea of Lenormand , I know there are lots of decks though so I need to read a lot more about them to be able to understand how they work and which deck

I will look into all these suggestions that’s for the info, its appriciated.

Regards
Nikki

dinah1

For something different how about the WiseCards?

214red

Hi Dinah
what are wise cards?

dinah1

You can find them on my web site..have sent a PM

Emily

I've just started to use Lenormand cards too - I use the Liber T so the change of pace is nice.

The Lenormand decks are really cheap, I've managed to get five of them in about the last month, all different, all very attractive. I'm enjoying learning about them. :)

BodhiSeed

How about the Tao Oracle? It's by the same artist who did the Osho Zen Tarot.