Oracle deck from Ciro!!!

HearthCricket

Ciro!!!! Thank you!!!! My dream come true. You know I (and I am sure many others, as well) have been begging you to do an oracle deck! I am so excited about this...a wonderful Christmas present, indeed! It sounds like you are enjoying the creative process again and not being in such a structured situation where your amazing imagination can truly flow freely! I can't wait to hear more about it! :D

Bernice

Looking forward to disovering more about this oracle!
How many cards will it have? When (and where) can we buy it?

Bee :)

BodhiSeed

Oh wow! What wonderful news! We'll be eagerly awaiting whatever tidbits you drop for us Ciro.:D

Myrrha

Oooh! Ciro I am so glad! And I'm glad because you said that this will be a chance for you to make a deck using imagery that doesn't have to relate to traditional tarot imagery. I'm excited about the idea of a deck created from your unfettered imagination.

Wow, this is great news!

2_Journey

Woo hoo! I'm excited about this. I love the Gilded, and will soon own the Legacy, but I cannot wait for a non-traditional Ciro deck. Imagine the possibilities.... :)

Sinduction

SHUT UP!!! :laugh:

I am so excited!!!

More details please! :D

How many cards, when is the release date, where can I pre-order????

Queen of Disks

Kewl!!! Sign me up!!

cirom

Well thanks for your comments.

This is projects that I've wanted to do for a long time and some of the content, such as incorporating a puzzle was something I had originally intended for the ToD but could'nt get to work within the tarot format.
That was part of the decision to not do any more Tarot decks. But the extra flexibility of an Oracle seems to be a perfect platform.
Its still very much in the early stages in terms of finished cards, although many have been drafted out, as has the overall theme that connects them and how the cards might be used in sets etc etc.

While I have a lot more freedom in creating the imagery, it won't be unbridled artistic licence. I have discussed and explained the concept confidentially with a group of local readers, and they seemed very positive about the reading possibilities.

Having said all that I really have no idea about when it might be finished, or how it might be published. As I undersatnd it, the Oracle market is even smaller than the Tarot one ???? Furthermore the images I'm producing are a lets say... a little out there. Its definitely not a fuzzy collection of angels thats for sure. So I'm not sure if it will have enough market potential to appeal to a major publisher.

There are some images already posted in the "I wonder what" thread of the deck creation forum. Attached here is another (just a work in progress though. Not the final version).

As for the puzzle and prize. All I can say it will be very challenging, in fact I doubt that any one person alone would be able to solve it. I envisage people working together to solve it. The cards will incorporate clues, but in a subtle way. So if someone doesn't wish to participate in the puzzle, then the deck will function perfectly well in its primarily purpose of divination and meditation.

Attachments

• Oracle-draft-visual.jpg
    Oracle-draft-visual.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 414

dvorah ophir

to ciro

regarding your concerns about the oracle cards market-on the conrary - i think that the oracle is the modern new tarot and will have even more buyers then the tarot. i personaly will not buy your tarot-to be frank- but looking at the picture that you showed us and your general art which i am familiar with from your tarot will defenitly be intrested in your oracle cards-especily if you make it as interesting as that with the riddle inside -not because of the cash but because it gives it the extra dimention that an oracle deck needs. i think to give a price to solve the puzzle only lessens the appeel because it mercendises the whole thing-keep the riddle and loose the price-i think either way people will buy the deck -myself included.
much regards dvorah