LEAST favorite oracles?

greatdane

I enjoy hearing about everyone's favorite oracle. I know it's all a very personal and subjective choice, as one's favorite could be another's, well, dud. I would really enjoy hearing about oracles anyone really DIDN'T like or click with AT ALL and, if you know, why did it seem not to work for you.

GD

SpiritOfTheDogz

I don't like any that give the meanings on the actual card, I prefer the cards to be as plain as possible where writing is concerned.

Shannon Rae

I'm in agreement with SpiritDogz there. It is very distracting to have words on the card.

But, buy Oracles do you mean any form?

As far as tarot decks I dislike, I don't feel like the Celtic Oracle deck, by John Matthews, is even a tarot deck. It more like flash cards for learning Celtic mythology. It doesn't really translate into an oracle system.

WolfyJames

In my case I don't connect with oracles that aren't made of paper, so oracles like runes and I Ching (the set I have uses coins) are out.

thorhammer

I could not deal with the Russian Gypsy Fortune-Telling cards. I was so frustrated by this because I paid $AU80 for the set and loved the look of them, but just could not get them to "work" for me. Ever. Hated it.

Gave it away, in the end. Eighty bucks, down the drain. Still bitter about that.

\m/ Kat

Aulruna

I used to say I couldn't work with seemingly purely intuitive "random" oracles ... but even this is no longer true.

However, I still appreciate and prefer something with a coherent system.

Alta

thorhammer said:
I could not deal with the Russian Gypsy Fortune-Telling cards......
Gave it away, in the end. Eighty bucks, down the drain. Still bitter about that.t
Same here, a frustrating and useless deck, in my hands anyway.

Okay, I'll confess, I don't like most non-tarot oracles decks. I have some and they sit in their boxes, seething with resentment. :)

inanna_tarot

fairy ring oracle..

just couldnt get on with it at all. Hated it, it felt really ugly in my hands.

greatdane

Thank you all!

This is exactly what I was looking for. When one begins to consider decks, it's great to read what a reviewer has said here and there about it, but you guys are all my peeps now and I wanted to know YOUR thoughts, because it seems the information is more personal for me.

Alta, loved the seething in their box comment!

Geez, Kat, what a drag. Spending even 10 dollars on something I wind up disliking bugs me. But I'm glad you shared your experience. That's something I'll keep in mind.

While I know each and every one is different, reading about your experiences and WHY you didn't like a particular oracle or oracles helps me because if why you didn't like one is why I would, well, it might still be an oracle of use, but if we look for the same things in an oracle and you didn't like, I will pretty much run from it! This is so great! I love reviews!

Blessings from the Land of Sand and Sun,
GD

Myrrha

The Russian Fortune telling cards and Madame Lenormand both seem to have a more everyday focus, not so much archetypes and spiritual concepts as readings about everyday matters. The cards and combinations have pre-determined meanings that seem to me to be more down-to-earth and more narrow in focus. I wish I could use this type of oracle but they don't work well for me or hold my interest. I passed on the tea leaf reading cards because they seemed similar.

Oracles also don't work well for me when the cards are mostly portraits. Enchanted Oracle didn't work for me for this reason but I'm thinking of trying it again.