Crystal Study Group: Super Seven

Padma

Okay. I'm hooked. I've read most of the posts (still hae this last page to do) and I WANT THIS STONE!!! (or should I say "stones"?). sounds DELICIOUS!! :D

Lol! It is harsher than the rose quartz you love, though - be warned...if you can't find any, let me know, I can get you a ring or a pendant in sterling in the $40 - $70 CAD range. :)

ps nice to see you again, Cn, I missed you! :heart: gawd but it's nice to come home... :)

wildchilde

I've always felt something special about this stone, from the first time I set eyes on it on a South African crystal site that, I regret to say, appears to have gone under. They sure had some wonderful stones. Too bad I wasn't rich enough to afford more of them, lol. But I've always kept this stone in the original bubble wrap it was shipped in, and in an old hard-shell eyeglass case for extra protection. I don't do that for other crystals. Just this one. I keep feeling like it's SO unique it needs and deserves extra protection.

The verifiable aspects of the stone are that it's an elestial Amethyst/Clear Quartz point, with some internal inclusions along with various internal structures that are surely the result of crystal faces being enveloped and merging together. I was the one who discovered that in the correct lighting, the base of the stone is faintly smoky -- even the vendor didn't realize nor make mention of that. And only recently have I started to wonder if it fits the Super 7 category.

Wow! that is a beautiful stone, SLTR! you are so lucky to be its protector :) Well, since I just got mine myself, I can't really claim to be any kind of "expert" on the stone, but from the pics I've seen of yours and others online, I would say there is definitely a good chance that it is Melody's Stone.

On that 'note', right now that is about all I can get from the bead stones that I have in my possession. When I hold them in my hand, I can feel/hear the stone "singing" or more precisely creating a harmonic sound. Maybe it is the angels singing? :)

Lotus Padma said:
ps nice to see you again, Cn, I missed you! gawd but it's nice to come home...

It's good to have you home!!! :heart: pull up a nice comfy chair and we will nom, nom, nom on these delicious crystals once again!! :laugh:

Padma

Sounds like your stones are happy to be with you, Wildc :) they are singing you home! lol! all this talk of aligning crystals with sound - and yet - it's a job they are quite capable of doing themselves. They generate their own music :)

We eats crystals! lol...actually I always did want to eat garnets, just a craving for them, I can never get enough of them...I must really need them :)

I do miss doing the crystal diaries. Gotta get back into that - I miss connecting with my stones, and I did get a new one for Christmas :) plus bought myself a gorgeous, fiery Madeira citrine...love! I am glad you are still here too, Wildc :)

celticnoodle

Lol! It is harsher than the rose quartz you love, though - be warned...if you can't find any, let me know, I can get you a ring or a pendant in sterling in the $40 - $70 CAD range. :)

ps nice to see you again, Cn, I missed you! :heart: gawd but it's nice to come home... :)
:p well, I love many stones tbh. :) and thank you, Lotus! it's good to 'be home' again. :) and, thank you, Lotus for the offer. I have a friend who lives near a gem gallery--a huge warehouse, with gems of all kinds. she is going to look for me--and so we'll see. I also have a friend with a new age shop--so will also contact her-but if both fall through-I know where to go! :D I'm hoping for one that can also be used as a pendulum and I can also wear around my neck. I've seen a few online for sale--but want to see what my buddies can see first. I will keep you al lposted!

On that 'note', right now that is about all I can get from the bead stones that I have in my possession. When I hold them in my hand, I can feel/hear the stone "singing" or more precisely creating a harmonic sound. Maybe it is the angels singing? :)

It's good to have you home!!! :heart: pull up a nice comfy chair and we will nom, nom, nom on these delicious crystals once again!! :laugh:

wow! perhaps it IS the singing of the angels, wc! how beautiful it must be and how beautiful you write about it. :) yes it is good to be back again. I shouldn't stay away this long again--I hope I won't. :) my crystals are all beautiful though I don't have nearly the amount I'd lvoe to!

shelikes2read

eee! lol ;) it eeez aliiiiive! lol...I cannot wear it easily - but it is like having a third (and ruthless!) eyeball around my neck ;p I wear it in situations where I need more information - or where I don't trust the other people, and need some kind of shield. The stone allows me to "see" through motives more clearly, and thus affords me protection.

I LOVE your crystal point, sheloves! It is stonking gorgeous! I am sure what you have there is Super 7. I love the faint hint of smoke around the bottom - and the incredible water quality of the crystal :) If I were you, I would wrap it in silver wire (point down) and wear it! If you don't do that craft, a bead shop person should be able to do it to your specs. LOVE - thanks for the pics, and I would say, if that stone chose you, you are a mighty special person :)

Thank you! I do make wire-wrapped jewelry and wands, but this point is awfully large and heavy to wear as a pendant. The sense I get from it is that I need to treat it like I do my Quartz spheres, as far as protecting it from damage and storing it properly. I do have two spheres on display (there's a thread somewhere about the Sphere Addict's Workplace, where I posted an image of my two spheres on the desk where I make jewelry). But the others are carefully stored in their boxes.

Though I do admit, if I wasn't aware that sunlight will fade Amethyst, I'd probably have this point on display, too. The way it's been polished, particularly with the flat bottom, I think that someone prepped it specifically FOR display. But I don't want to fade the Amethyst part of the stone, so I'll keep tabs on just how much sunlight the stone receives.

But that doesn't mean I do without the benefits of Quartz entirely. I made a wire-wrapped sphere pendant, with silver-plated wire and a silver chain, that I'm never without. I love me some Quartz, of all varieties. :)

celticnoodle

shelikes--I forgot to also comment on your super 7. it is beautiful! it does look rather large and heavy too though--so not a piece to 'wear' I would imagine. even carrying it may prove a bit difficult. but I love how it looks in the light. gorgeous and brilliant colors! may I ask, (or did youpost this and I forgot?) where you found your piece?

shelikes2read

shelikes--I forgot to also comment on your super 7. it is beautiful! it does look rather large and heavy too though--so not a piece to 'wear' I would imagine. even carrying it may prove a bit difficult. but I love how it looks in the light. gorgeous and brilliant colors! may I ask, (or did youpost this and I forgot?) where you found your piece?

Thanks. There was a South African site that had some of the most incredible crystals. That's where I saw the picture of this one and my instant reaction was, "That's my stone, so I had better buy it right away." I can't find that site online anymore, though, so I suspect they're no longer in business. They had such wonderful stones, I wish I could've afforded to do lots of shopping there.

wildchilde

well, I changed the necklace and actually the only thing I removed was the iolite. while I had it apart, I did try all the suggestions everyone had given but none of them seemed right...So now the necklace consists of super seven, charoite, tanzan aura quartz, created sapphire, amethyst, and ametrine. Only thing is, I haven't yet had occasion to wear it! I may try it out on Sunday for a community reiki event at the local wellness center. I only wore it for a few minutes after I finished and it did seem quite warm...hope it is not going to be overwhelming. My camera broke but I will try to get pics soon.

Meanwhile, I now keep seeing some rather nice pieces of Super Seven online and if I wasn't broke I would be buying them! Especially one piece in the rough I found for under $30! Hoping it lasts until I get paid...I have my eye on that and a piece of aqua aura which I love. Of course, I wouldn't be broke if I hadn't just ordered a piece of clear danburite, hiddenite, and a lithium quartz (yay!). OMG, these things are more addictive than tarot decks!!!

Padma

well, I changed the necklace and actually the only thing I removed was the iolite. while I had it apart, I did try all the suggestions everyone had given but none of them seemed right...So now the necklace consists of super seven, charoite, tanzan aura quartz, created sapphire, amethyst, and ametrine. Only thing is, I haven't yet had occasion to wear it! I may try it out on Sunday for a community reiki event at the local wellness center. I only wore it for a few minutes after I finished and it did seem quite warm...hope it is not going to be overwhelming. My camera broke but I will try to get pics soon.

Meanwhile, I now keep seeing some rather nice pieces of Super Seven online and if I wasn't broke I would be buying them! Especially one piece in the rough I found for under $30! Hoping it lasts until I get paid...I have my eye on that and a piece of aqua aura which I love. Of course, I wouldn't be broke if I hadn't just ordered a piece of clear danburite, hiddenite, and a lithium quartz (yay!). OMG, these things are more addictive than tarot decks!!!

your necklace sounds like a very interesting blend of stones and energies, Wildc! However, it was also seemingly an intuitive blend - so it should, in theory work for you. Interesting that it feels "warm!"

In regard to the diff between addictive abilities of decks and stones...werl...I just made the decision to spend far more on an OOP deck than spend that same amount on crystals. Mileage may vary, depending on what is on offer! lol!

wildchilde

LOL, Lotus Padma! one or the other is always going to get me. but that's okay, I can live with it. ;)

As to the necklace, I can't believe how dumb I am! Someone came this morning for a visit and ended up having a reiki session and I completely did not even think about putting it on to try out! DOH!

So to try and make myself feel better, I decided to wear it the rest of the day anyways. I did make it for healing purposes...but I also was hoping to wear it whenever I want so I thought maybe I was supposed to "try it out" first before using it in healing sessions. I didn't experience the "eye" effect yet, but I did feel very happy and more open to whatever might occur (which was not the mood I woke up in this morning!). Everywhere I went people were very nice to me and were complimenting me etc. (usually people don't notice me or at least don't say things directly to me...probably have my tourmaline to thank for that) lol

I went to the library and the second person to see me complimented my necklace and we began a conversation about gemstones and then I ended up explaining that I am a reiki master and the woman asked for my card because she wants to learn more about reiki (she has been attuned to level 1). I totally would not have had this conversation without the necklace.

I also wore it for my class tonight (I am in training as new faculty for the celebrant institute that I graduated from in 2005) and I just felt very happy and at ease the whole time which is a bit different because I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the responsibilities, etc. I know a lot of this may have more to do with the charoite and the ametrines, but still it's nice and so far the Super Seven doesn't seem to be overtaking the energies of the other stones.

I am hoping that as I get used to it and it gets used to me, I will feel more of its energies and healing possibilities.