Does anyone else have this issue?

Chronata

This is something that's kind of embarrassing, but the more I work with crystals the more physically sensitive I have become to being around them en masse.

I used to have no problem going into rock shops and places that sell crystals, but lately...I have this issue concerning certain places.

There is a beautiful shop in Madison, that has some of the loveliest crystals and specimens I have seen...but there is a section of the store where I have heart palpitations and find it really hard to breathe. I don't even know what is in that part of the store...I just know that whatever it is...it's overwhelming for me and I have to get fresh air.

Yesterday I happened upon a lapidary art vendor at a flea market, and had quite a different reaction...for although the crystals and beads were beautiful and really reasonably priced...my whole mind and body was sending me "STAY AWAY" signals.
I even left and came back later, with the intention of ignoring the feeling and purchasing something...and was met again with such a strong repulsion, that I just left. I guess it didn't help that the lady selling there, didn't seem very friendly at all.

But now back home, playing with my raw crystals...i am wondering if I was imagining all that? Is it some nonsense, or my overactive imagination...or am i suddenly just weirdly sensitive to rock vibes?

and does anyone else have a similar experience?

danieljuk

I think maybe you become more sensitive or allow yourself to be more open to the messages of the crystals perhaps?

I am only a beginner at crystals and stones so not experienced it myself. But I have homeopathy which uses energy to heal in pills. I've used it for a very long time and now I am much more sensitive to Western medicine. If I take a pain killer or something else I always start with half the recommended dose! its seems much stronger for me now

The more you are around crystals and interested in them, I think you get more sensitive! perhaps they were saying "do not buy us from this lady" :)

zannamarie

Yesterday I happened upon a lapidary art vendor at a flea market, and had quite a different reaction...for although the crystals and beads were beautiful and really reasonably priced...my whole mind and body was sending me "STAY AWAY" signals.
I even left and came back later, with the intention of ignoring the feeling and purchasing something...and was met again with such a strong repulsion, that I just left. I guess it didn't help that the lady selling there, didn't seem very friendly at all.
Your body may well have been reacting to the woman selling them rather than the stones themselves. She was probably someone with whom you really didn't want to be interacting. I get those kind of vibes sometimes.

I used to have no problem going into rock shops and places that sell crystals, but lately...I have this issue concerning certain places.

There is a beautiful shop in Madison, that has some of the loveliest crystals and specimens I have seen...but there is a section of the store where I have heart palpitations and find it really hard to breathe. I don't even know what is in that part of the store...I just know that whatever it is...it's overwhelming for me and I have to get fresh air.
Does this shop sell incense or other aromatic items? There are certain shops which sell incense and I find that I just can't be in certain parts of the shop and I think I'm reacting to the scents in that area.

Just a couple of ideas. :)

wildchilde

I have been seriously working with crystals for the past few months now and yes, I am noticing that I am becoming much more sensitive to them en masse as well as where they are located, even in my own home! I have to be careful about leaving too many or the "wrong" kind of crystals in my bedroom as it has begun to affect my ability to sleep and sometimes has given me headaches or high pitched buzzing in my head, as soon as I remove the "offenders" to my meditation room it all goes away. Oddly, I do not have this issue in my meditation room. I think perhaps because I keep most of my crystals put away in closed wooden boxes and because that room has been dedicated to healing of all types.

As far as coming across crystals when out and about, I think our reactions have a lot to do with who else the crystals have been in contact with and how much negative energies they may have already absorbed, etc. If the shop owners are not sensitive to the healing energies of the stones they are probably not making any effort to cleanse them or themselves.

On the issue of the shop owner in Madison...I think you should ask him/her what is kept in that part of the store. They may be able to shed light on your mystery illness. It could be that there is something there that your body/energy field needs but that there is just too much of it concentrated in that one space for you to handle it. similar to what danieljuk is saying about the concentration of medicines. It seems many of us have had experiences where we thought by our physical reactions to crystals we were being warned to "stay away" when in reality it was the crystal we needed just overwhelming our system. I think this is different than your experience with the lapidary lady where your mind/body/spirit was warning you to steer clear of her and her wares. crystals absorb and record...for all you know she is putting "bad juju" on her beads! it is always best to listen to our inner voice when faced with something of this nature, I think.

Winterchild

Bad energy

I too think it more likely to be the person in the lapidary store who has infused it with bad energy. I pick up on peoples energy very fast and it can be overwhelming.... and extremely draining too sometimes. I think when we open ourselves more to the universe we do let down protective boundaries and while it makes us more receptive to our crystals and cards and the general universal energy flow it also leaves us vulnerable.

I have had very bad experiences with people energy in many places over the years... I know recently there was a used book store in town which I always wanted to go in but when I did I had to get out right away. There was a little man at the counter and he disturbed me. I went in when he wasn't there and bought a book and the lady was totally different and so was the atmosphere, but I cant go in if he is there.

Try to protect yourself and your own energy field.

Chronata

Thanks guys for comments! Gives me a lot to think about!

I have been known to be sensitive to other people, which is why the flea market thing is so weird...
because I wasn't really picking up much from her...she was ignoring me to complain about the flea market with another vendor...
it was almost like the stones themselves, as danieljuk suggested, were saying "don't buy us!"

She had some beautiful jewelry pieces...big silver collars made with cabochons of different stones, lots of tumbled and raw stuff. Beads and things.
But this feeling of "just go" was permeating the whole booth.
It is very possible that this lady put that energy into her stuff...but why wouldn't she want to make money? I can't imagine she was that attached to any of it.

The Madison store is a very different feeling...because it's not a revulsion, but rather like a punch in the chest. A strong physical reaction that knocks the wind out of me! It's almost, as Wildchilde says...that there is something there I need...but there's just simply too much of it.
I long to go back and see exactly what it is in that section of the store...what is concentrated enough to make me physically unstable around it.

I also wonder if it's a combination of things? Some crystals that shouldn't really be next to each other creating some kind of energy bomb? I know she had a lot of rare and huge specimens of things...many raw pieces.

Padma

I have been known to be sensitive to other people, which is why the flea market thing is so weird...
because I wasn't really picking up much from her...she was ignoring me to complain about the flea market with another vendor...
it was almost like the stones themselves, as danieljuk suggested, were saying "don't buy us!"

She had some beautiful jewelry pieces...big silver collars made with cabochons of different stones, lots of tumbled and raw stuff. Beads and things.
It is very possible that this lady put that energy into her stuff...but why wouldn't she want to make money? I can't imagine she was that attached to any of it.

The Madison store is a very different feeling...because it's not a revulsion, but rather like a punch in the chest. A strong physical reaction that knocks the wind out of me! It's almost, as Wildchilde says...that there is something there I need...but there's just simply too much of it.
I long to go back and see exactly what it is in that section of the store...what is concentrated enough to make me physically unstable around it.

I also wonder if it's a combination of things? Some crystals that shouldn't really be next to each other creating some kind of energy bomb? I know she had a lot of rare and huge specimens of things...many raw pieces.

Chronata, I have had similar experiences with crystals. I was recently in the Rockies, in Banff, and went into a massive crystal and jewellery store - and all the stones were shouting "don't buy us!" I walked out of there with the only stone I could find that was clean and alive - a one-dollar piece of tiger's eye! lol....

The store I normally frequent when I buy my jewellery and crystals is so clean and healing I can literally hear the stones singing when I am in there. But if I stay too long, I feel dizzy and nauseous. ;p too much of a good thing. You need to wear a grounding stone next time you go to your Madison store :) that will help!

As to the heart palpitations, I get that every time I connect really strongly to a crystal - at the moment of bonding, my heart starts pounding and racing, and I feel like it will leap from my chest. Once the bonding moment has passed, the feeling goes away, and instead I just feel intensely happy every time I put the stone on :) If I were you, I would certainly try to locate the crystal that gave you the feeling from that part of the store! I often find the crystals call me and frequently I walk out with something I never imagined getting when going in! The crystals choose you, and not the other way round - at least, that has been my experience! As to the lady in the booth, no doubt her stones were polluted with her negative energy - and the stones did not want you to have any part of it...good for you, for listening to your gut :)

Lizzie7

I'm not a pro on crystals, but the first impression I got from reading your experiences is not so much the people you encountered (maybe partially them), but the negative energy was coming from the crystals themselves. The crystals, as a group together, were sending you a message that you were sensitive to. Maybe the way these crystals were mined, or obtained, was negative or illegal or unethical. Depending on what parts of the world these crystals come from, we really have no way for sure to know if child or "slave" labor was used to mine them. Or, in the case of the flea market vendor, what kind of activities the profits from the stones supports.
In the case of the shop in Madison, perhaps the anxiety/palpatations have nothing to do with the crystals, but of an energy that has remained behind from the past...from whatever used to be in that place before, even before the current shop.

tarotbear

Not necessarily just crystals, per se, but I had a very similar experience at a 'show' where I walked up to a particular New Age-y booth and something strongly pushed my hand away! I thought it was my imagination. I went back later and the feeling was so strong that I called my friend over and said 'watch this' and she could see that something or someone was physically pushing my hand away from the merchandise on the table. We figured it might have been one of the people working the booth, so we DELIBERATELY stood there and picked objects up!

Yes, I have been in occult stores where I have gotten 'bad vibes' - it's usually a person and not 'the merchandise.'

shelikes2read

Some people are strong transmitters of thought and energy. My high school friends and I (the same friends with whom I learned Tarot) all discovered that I'm one of these people when we were doing some experiments for their biology class. Three of them who went to the same school, and had the same biology class, had an extra credit question to prove or disprove the existence of psychic ability. Well, there were six of us all together, and we did that sort of experiment regularly anyway, so we set one Saturday aside and REALLY did every experiment we could think of. One was a telepathy experiment where one person sat and transmitted the suit of playing cards, and everyone else wrote it down.

We did this, and one or two other telepathy-based experiments, with multiple senders. When I was the sender, every person's scores went up noticeably. So that was an interesting little unexpected bit of insight.

Anyway, if the lady at the flea market has a negative vibe, depressive or hostile attitude, etc., AND is one of those broadcasting-beacon people, she might have inadvertently flooded her stones with that energy. That would turn all of THEM into beacons of the same kind of energy. No wonder a person with energy sensitivity backed off.