Does anyone else have this issue?

Hemera

This is an interesting thread! I don´t know why I have not seen this before..
I think when we open ourselves more to the universe we do let down protective boundaries and while it makes us more receptive to our crystals and cards and the general universal energy flow it also leaves us vulnerable..
I agree with this. I think it´s just about becoming more sensitive and receptive.

I have had this same thing happen to me with runes. I just have to take a break from them every now and then to be able to breathe... It has never happened with tarot or crystals and the funny thing is that I do not think it is because the runes would be more powerful or anything like that. I actually feel that my tarot cards are usually the most powerful tool I have. But I have never had any unpleasant or strange overdose reactions near them.
Anyway, I don´t think you are imagining things.

Glass Owl

This old new age shop I used to visit has a huge rock collection and there were times that I felt very constricted, my chest felt tight and my head felt full. I would sometimes get a headache if I stayed there too long. All of the stuff was packed into a small space too, no windows. The man who owns it is also negative and doesn't like selling anything (he likes changing the price to something ridiculously high or just refusing to sell items) so it could have been his energy I was picking up on.

On the other hand, I went to amazing shop full of even more crystals twice and it had amazing energy, it was light and inviting. The items were totally spread out and were bathing in sunlight (and I'm sure, moonlight at night). The clerk was also nice.

dancing_moon

Another thought that came to my mind... As we can't be sure where those guys get their stones, some of them might be mildly radioactive... :bugeyed:

Being around something radioactive often makes you feel unwell, like all the air is suddenly gone, and you're sitting in an airtight bottle, with your heart pounding heavily. And for no apparent reason.

Just an idea...

rebelgirl1749

This is something that's kind of embarrassing, but the more I work with crystals the more physically sensitive I have become to being around them en masse.

I used to have no problem going into rock shops and places that sell crystals, but lately...I have this issue concerning certain places.

There is a beautiful shop in Madison, that has some of the loveliest crystals and specimens I have seen...but there is a section of the store where I have heart palpitations and find it really hard to breathe. I don't even know what is in that part of the store...I just know that whatever it is...it's overwhelming for me and I have to get fresh air.

Yesterday I happened upon a lapidary art vendor at a flea market, and had quite a different reaction...for although the crystals and beads were beautiful and really reasonably priced...my whole mind and body was sending me "STAY AWAY" signals.
I even left and came back later, with the intention of ignoring the feeling and purchasing something...and was met again with such a strong repulsion, that I just left. I guess it didn't help that the lady selling there, didn't seem very friendly at all.

But now back home, playing with my raw crystals...i am wondering if I was imagining all that? Is it some nonsense, or my overactive imagination...or am i suddenly just weirdly sensitive to rock vibes?

and does anyone else have a similar experience?

The more you dabble with your crystals and use them you are more sensitive with energies around you especially to other crystals. Maybe you should wear a crystal that will filter other energies so you will not be as sensitive. Let me tell you a story. Me and my friends were at a new age shop and they were selling crystal runes. I saw lovely amethyst runes and poured them out into my hand. Once touched my skin I got such a migrane and my friends around me especially my boyfriend could not handle the negative vibrations. So yea this happens a lot when dealing with crystals and just working with energy in general.

flying black kat

I have had reactions to chrystals and stones like you Chronata. I wear hemitite all the time. I never take it off unless I have to. It was part of a necklace that my decesed wore. It does come in handy. It also I feel, has prevented for me at least negitive feelings while I look at chrystals, stones, etc in "new age" stores.

E of Q

exotik1

shielding and cause of uneasiness

You can try surrounding yourself in a bubble of white light as you enter a new age shop, and also ask angels or your higher power to only allow in crystal energies that you can handle at this time. Some crystals work faster/harsher than more gentle ones such as calcites. You can also see if you can pinpoint which crystals may be the source of the uneasiness and jot down the name to Google and meditate on what about the energy you didnt agree with or were resistant to. Trust any impressions can come to mind.

~link and advertising removed by moderator~

just be sure to cleanse/smudge it often, or you can use something like hematite or black tourmaline (schorl) to protect you from conflicting energies. As i become more sensitive as an empath, i had similer issues, i dont keep all my crystals out all the time and am more in tune with issues im resisting due to my reactions with crystals.

Brightest Blessings,
farida