new stones and I am so excited!!

PulchraElectri

I just bought some new stones and I am loving their energy. I got a beautiful piece of amber (I know technically this is not a stone :) ) and I love the energy it gives off. It just happens to be my name as well so I really like it. But to my horror, a piece chiped off of it. Does anyone know how I can keep this safe and prevent it from chipping more? I also purchased a wonderful citrine and plan on charging it for some good luck to bring in money. It's a pretty light lemony yellow with a white cloud swirl on one side. If I look into it it looks like a starburst inside. I got a lapis lazuli that is really cool looking. The flecks of iron pyrite in it look like the night sky. I get sleepy if I handle it too much though. I'm not exactly sure why. Anyone have any thoughts. The last stone I purchased was a piece of ocean jasper. It was weird though because from the moment I bought it I didn't feel any kind of connection with it. I didn't even really want to touch it. It just didn't feel like it was for me. I took my stones over to my moms and my mom became fascinated by it. She held onto it all weekend and it seemed to make her happy so I gave it to her. I think maybe she needed the stone more than I did and that's why I got it. I just needed to get it to her. I know that jasper is good for increasing self confidence and combating depression and my mom really needs that right now. So anyway that is what I got. I would love to know more about them. I have researched the different stones on here and other sites but if there is anything else that anyone can tell me about them and their magical uses I would greatly appreciate it.

Hemera

Congratulations on your purchase. Your crystals sound lovely! That is a nice start for your collection.

baylys

The only way you can protect your amber is by not rolling it around with other crystals. It is very brittle and dropping or knocking it will chip it.

shelikes2read

Have you got a little bit of bubble wrap you can put around the Amber, if you want to carry it with you? Or a little jewelry box (like the kind necklaces or earrings come in), if it'll fit in something like that? Some stones are soft or brittle, and won't take well to being jostled against things that are harder than they are (like other stones, keys, coins in our pocket, etc.).

Just for safety's sake, when you get a new stone, google its Mohs hardness. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness The lower the number is, the more fragile the stone is, and the more care needs to be taken to prevent it from scratches and breakage. Knowing how robust the stone is (or isn't) will help you determine what steps to take to keep it in good condition.

PulchraElectri

Have you got a little bit of bubble wrap you can put around the Amber, if you want to carry it with you? Or a little jewelry box (like the kind necklaces or earrings come in), if it'll fit in something like that? Some stones are soft or brittle, and won't take well to being jostled against things that are harder than they are (like other stones, keys, coins in our pocket, etc.).

Just for safety's sake, when you get a new stone, google its Mohs hardness. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness The lower the number is, the more fragile the stone is, and the more care needs to be taken to prevent it from scratches and breakage. Knowing how robust the stone is (or isn't) will help you determine what steps to take to keep it in good condition.

Thank you very much for the information. I actually wrapped the amber up in a scrap of silk I had and then put it in my tarot bag for now. It seems to be doing fine and no more chips have come off.

PulchraElectri

The only way you can protect your amber is by not rolling it around with other crystals. It is very brittle and dropping or knocking it will chip it.

Yes I found that out the hard way. Thank you for the tip :)

PulchraElectri

Congratulations on your purchase. Your crystals sound lovely! That is a nice start for your collection.

Thank you for the congratulations. I am definitely proud of my little collection. I also have a lovely rose quartz and rainbow moonstone. I am wanting at least two more crystals to add to my collection and am planning on getting them today. I love the energy these crystals put in my home.

MetaphysicalJohn

I just bought some new stones and I am loving their energy. I got a beautiful piece of amber (I know technically this is not a stone :) ) and I love the energy it gives off. It just happens to be my name as well so I really like it. But to my horror, a piece chiped off of it. Does anyone know how I can keep this safe and prevent it from chipping more? I also purchased a wonderful citrine and plan on charging it for some good luck to bring in money. It's a pretty light lemony yellow with a white cloud swirl on one side. If I look into it it looks like a starburst inside. I got a lapis lazuli that is really cool looking. The flecks of iron pyrite in it look like the night sky. I get sleepy if I handle it too much though. I'm not exactly sure why. Anyone have any thoughts. The last stone I purchased was a piece of ocean jasper. It was weird though because from the moment I bought it I didn't feel any kind of connection with it. I didn't even really want to touch it. It just didn't feel like it was for me. I took my stones over to my moms and my mom became fascinated by it. She held onto it all weekend and it seemed to make her happy so I gave it to her. I think maybe she needed the stone more than I did and that's why I got it. I just needed to get it to her. I know that jasper is good for increasing self confidence and combating depression and my mom really needs that right now. So anyway that is what I got. I would love to know more about them. I have researched the different stones on here and other sites but if there is anything else that anyone can tell me about them and their magical uses I would greatly appreciate it.

You sound like you need some Unakite and Aventurine. Good luck in your journey girl...

Marilyn20

For Christmas I got a rose quartz ball that shows a star in the sunlight. It's so beautiful and calming!

PulchraElectri

You sound like you need some Unakite and Aventurine. Good luck in your journey girl...

Thank you. I've seen those at the local wiccan store and thought they were pretty but did not really know anything about them. What are they used for?