Good crystals for kids?

eurydicesdreams

I can't seem to find any useful information about this on the net, so i thought i'd ask around in person. I work as a nanny for a family with twin toddlers (20 months old). They are super cute, absurdly smart little kids. Very weird (rich!) parents who are older, busy, and remote - i'm actually the Nanny Manager and have 5 other nannies under me, whose schedules i coordinate for the evening & weekend shifts.

Anyway, the kids have had a lot of emotional turmoil in their lives so far with caregiver turnover. I think if they felt more secure emotionally it would make them happier and my job easier (inasmuch as a job involving twin toddlers could ever remotely resemble "easy", lol). I notice that on days when i remember to bring my chunk of rose quartz in my pocket, the days seem to go easier. I don't want to give the kids crystals - i just think that being around them might help, and certainly couldn't hurt!

R, who is supposedly the more "advanced" of the two, has very suddenly entered the Terrible Twos and has raging temper tantrums at the drop of a hat, which even my tricks from "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" can't seem to soothe.

E, a couple minutes younger and historically more frail physically, is expressing his Terrible Twos as a drama queen by "falling down", crying, and expecting attention. This is getting boring, so i expect new developments fairly soon. Of more concern are the times when he starts crying in a "I dont get enough oxygen if you are not holding me" kind of way.

I sense that both babies are very intuitive and sensitive to the energies of those around them. They have 8 regular caregivers, including their parents, three of which are new in the past 4 months (including me). I think whatever crystals i pick out need to help with bonding, love, emotional security, communication (especially talking!), anger, sibling rivalry, and overall soothing.

I am pretty sure i want Chrysocolla for soothing riotous emotions.

What else I have:
Sodalite
Citrine
Malachite
Rose quartz
Amethyst quartz
Apache tear
Jade (which i never use because it makes me & my fiancé wicked emotionally anxious, but that's another post)
Herkimer crystal
Turquoise
Moonstone ring
Evil eye
Pentagram w/ moonstone center

Okay! Background & situation done, advice naow pleasepleaseplease?

shelikes2read

Rose Quartz sounds like a winner, especially if you're noticing that its presence helps matters.

The friend who first clued me in to crystals had a 6-year-old son who'd been diagnosed with ADD. She got him a Fluorite which helps with logical and rational thinking. Her daughter, age 4, gravitated toward a Blue Lace Agate. This is a stone that helps with communication, articulation, and confidence.

Those stones might be a step or two beyond what tots would need. But maybe not. Having them around would certainly not hurt, and they're both stones that should be available at reasonable prices.

Oh, and how can I forget my fallback stone: clear Quartz. :) That one's a good for for just about any situation, and it helps to amplify the other stones it's working with.

eurydicesdreams

Thanks for the tips, shelikes2read! Today I pocketed my rose quartz and stuck my clear quartz in the other pocket, and i'm also wearing an amethyst point. the day's going great - though who knows whether that's the kids or the stones, right?

i also realized the other day (gossip gossip!) that the mom is a Qi Vampire - seemingly pleasant to be around at first, but in reality an energy/aura drain who leaves you feeling sucker-punched every time a conversation ends. I'm reading "How to See and Read the Aura" (http://www.amazon.com/Read-Aura-Lle...58270856&sr=8-5&keywords=how+to+read+the+aura)
and trying to learn defensive techniques to keep my energy from being vacuumed up while I'm at their house. So I figure the quartzes will help with that as well.

EmpressArwen

Wow. What a crazy situation. Bless you for caring enough about these children to look into ways to help them. I think just being around YOU is what is reallly going to matter.

Make sure you cleanse yourself (whatever way works for you..I just visualize all the days toxic energies washing off me, leaving me pure and clean) when ever you leave that home. Don't want to drag any of the Mother's energies into your life outside of there.

eurydicesdreams

EmpressArwen, thanks for the sympathy and kind words. Honestly their expectations in the real world (aside from the astral plane) are so high and out of line in some ways that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay with this job. It's unfortunate, because I do really like the children, but the parents are just kind of out of hand. I'm thinking I might ask somebody in the readings exchange section to do a reading for me about whether I should stay, but honestly it's putting so much pressure on me & my home life... I hate to say it, but I really need to put myself first.

And I just realized I left on my crystals at home today! So now we will know the truth about whether the crystals help with the children or not!

EmpressArwen

EmpressArwen, thanks for the sympathy and kind words. Honestly their expectations in the real world (aside from the astral plane) are so high and out of line in some ways that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay with this job. It's unfortunate, because I do really like the children, but the parents are just kind of out of hand. I'm thinking I might ask somebody in the readings exchange section to do a reading for me about whether I should stay, but honestly it's putting so much pressure on me & my home life... I hate to say it, but I really need to put myself first.

And I just realized I left on my crystals at home today! So now we will know the truth about whether the crystals help with the children or not!

I would be more than happy to do a reading for you. I've got a thread in the reading exchange. I've got a little bit of a backlog of reads to do but hopefully I will get caught up today and can get to your reading by tonight. I will message you when I finish it. Take care.

eurydicesdreams

That's so kind of you to offer!! Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing what you have to say, and will definitely give you feedback!

wildchilde

wow! what a crazy situation indeed! Reading your very first post, I already had the sense that the parents are the real problem. For God's sake, is it really so difficult to love and nurture your own children? Sheesh! Having paid help is wonderful if you can afford it, but these poor children are starved for positive emotional feedback from their parents not a team of Nannies. And they obviously aren't going to get it.

Definitely you need to take care of yourself in this situation, because nothing is going to change the parents' attitudes toward their kids. I do also agree with the others that it is wonderful that you are in their life and want so much to find ways to help soothe the situation that you and they have no control over.

Well, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here...sorry for my ranting. I recently had a miscarriage and it just makes me so mad to see/hear of people that have so little regard for the precious lives they have been entrusted with as parents. Bless you so much for caring!

Anyways, my suggestions would be as follows:

Black Tourmaline - a must have to block the flow of negativity and the vampirism

Fire Agate - would also be great for the negativity issue, and actually may be one of the only things that might wake these parents up to how their behavior/attitudes are affecting those around them.

Citrine - to try to lift the heavy mood in the house and in your hearts, and to boost the third chakra and feelings of belonging in this world.

Smoky Quartz - to help ground you and the children (maybe the other adults too) and give a bit of root chakra stability.

Rhodonite - to combine with the rose quartz as I have found this combination to be great for grief and letting go of painful emotions. (eventhough they are very young, I think these kids are really grieving the fact that their parents seem to think of them more as "accessories" than children who need love and attention...they are probably suffering feelings of emotional abandonment and feelings of being "unlovable"). Just a caveat though, this combo may encourage tears at first because of the emotional release, so just be prepared to cuddle and console.

Lepidolite - for all the feelings of stress, anxiety, and emotional distress going around.

Be sure to cleanse your stones regularly (eventhough Tourmaline supposedly doesn't need it, I would cleanse them too just to be fair LOL) and also, if you are going to use the Clear Quartz spend time "programming" it (i.e. letting it know what you want it to do for/with you and the children/parents), it is a Master Healer and a great ally, so it helps to communicate to it what your needs are and how best it can serve you.

eurydicesdreams

wildchilde, I am so deeply sorry for your loss and thank you for the advice. I think I maybe have the McDonald's lite version of your pain, because my fiancé and I absolutely *cannot* have a baby right now, and yet working in childcare makes me want my own so, so badly. Obviously, nothing compares to losing a child, but feeling the want of it so *carnally* and having to follow the restrictions we've imposed on ourselves is incredibly frustrating and painful, on top of working for a family that doesn't even want to deal with these babies, apparently.
And it breaks my heart to see them bonding with me and the other nannies and wanting the best for them and seeing them cry for their parents, whom they see for maybe 10 minutes over the course of the day - and then, when someone asks the mom if she's their grandma, to hear her say, "no, my husband decided he wanted children late in life and adopted them" (they paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to have the twins conceived through an egg donor and carried by a surrogate). So she doesn't even think of them as her children. Again, like you, preaching to the choir - but what is WRONG with these people?????

Anyway, phew, sorry, I'll stop ranting. I didn't know whether the Citrine would help, so thanks for the tip on that. And I think the Black Tourmaline and fire agate would be really beneficial, even if I don't stay with this job. I'll get on those right away :)

wildchilde

My God! That is even worse than I thought!! I am really surprised these two are still married. She obviously never wanted children and isn't going to change her mind now. There's no crime in not wanting to have kids, but having them anyways just so you can ignore and abuse them certainly is in my opinion! Guess it just goes to show that money doesn't buy happiness, and certainly doesn't buy intelligence!

As for your situation, I'm sorry for your "self-imposed" anguish. Try not to let it get you down...hopefully you are young enough that you do not have to be concerned of the clock running out so to speak. If you have the time, just relax and enjoy your life with your husband while you can as everything will change drastically once you do have kids ;)

Hopefully the Citrine will help bring a little joy to the household while you are there. Just remember that it does need to be cleansed regularly, especially with all that hot mess going on. As an aside, the other night I had a bad situation with someone in my husband's life who is an energy vampire extraordinaire and always out to cause high drama...I didn't have any fire agate with me but immediately brought it's properties into my thought stream and just tried to visualize it being in my aura and sending it out to her as well to try and block whatever it was she was trying to throw our way. (we were trying to celebrate our anniversary for gosh sake!) After about 5 or 10 minutes, things seemed to calm way down and she wasn't able to take over our night. You may be able to employ the same technique at times with different stones by just calling them up in your mind's eye when you need them if you don't have them handy.

Please be sure to let us know how things turn out with your crystal experiments. You can post in the crystal study area if you like too. It would be interesting to hear what has an effect in this situation.