A Sphere Addict's workspace :)

shelikes2read

I have two spheres that live on the desk in my studio (where I make gemstone jewelry). One is a clear quartz sphere with a smokey quartz phantom in it. The other is a Nuummite sphere.

I added a piece of white paper behind them, in order to take the photograph, because the smokey quartz phantom is hard to photograph without a pale background to make it stand out.

D63E65CB-51E0-4308-97A0-7D1875DF2727-3868-0000066D2AEFEC8B.jpg

My hope is that the balance between clear quartz, smokey quartz, and Nuummite will help open up both my higher Chakras for wisdom and creativity, and also allow grounding with the lower Chakras. Plus, a little boost to one's boldness is never a bad thing when one is attempting to create artwork. If i want to make pieces that are eye-catching (and therefore inspire people to make purchases), then a certain amount of willingness to step forward and make a visual declaration is going to have to be there.

That's my hope, anyway. :)

Hemera

Oh, how beautiful! The smokey quartz inside the clear ball looks really magical. It makes me think of a golden eye of a Lion Goddess or something.

(And you have 38 missed phonecalls :bugeyed: ?? :p)

shelikes2read

Oh, how beautiful! The smokey quartz inside the clear ball looks really magical. It makes me think of a golden eye of a Lion Goddess or something.

(And you have 38 missed phonecalls :bugeyed: ?? :p)

Thanks! I really fell hard for that phantom sphere when I saw it for sale online. I'm fascinated by these things. My first quartz sphere has a phantom, too, not of smoky quartz but more like a layer of fine particles settled over a quartz point before another quartz point engulfed it.

Unfortunately, we seem to have some issues with landline spam calls, even though it's illegal to call someone on the Do Not Call list. So any call that comes in as "Unknown", "Not Available", "Private", etc., is allowed to go to voicemail. But they rarely leave a message (another sign it was a spam call). Apparently, those missed call pile up. ;)

Marilyn20

I love it! Smoky quartz is one of my favorite stones; I always feel that it is more accessible than clear quartz, which is almost overwhelming in its purity at times.

greatdane

oh that's amazing!

Thanks for sharing, shelikes2read! Beautiful.

tarotbear

The smokey quartz phantom is GORGEOUS~! I am SOOOOOOOO Jealous! LOL!!!!

So - you are hoping the two of them together will balance you out ... per se?

I always heard that the figure Ho Tei has one black and one white crystal ball. I used to do meditations holding my obsidian ball in one hand and a clear-but-fractured crystal ball in the other to emulate him. Mostly I would hold the obsidian ball in my left hand (where the energy enters my body) and let the obsidian 'filter' any incoming negative energy out. I would meditate the energy flowing through and across my body and flowing out through my right hand, returning the positive energy back to the universe.

Attachments

• Obsidian Gold Eye 2.JPG
    Obsidian Gold Eye 2.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Crystal Ball 003.JPG
    Crystal Ball 003.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 92

shelikes2read

Those are GREAT spheres!

I actually wound up pairing these spheres up more by happenstance. First, I had the phantom sphere, and I thought that having its energies right there while I create jewelry would be beneficial. Quartz is my go-to stone, and spheres are my go-to shape. And smoky quartz is something I find energizing and grounding. So I figured that sphere would be useful for accessing higher energies, inspiration, and creativity, while at the same time providing some grounding so I wouldn't go drifting too far off into the woo-woo realms. ;) I wanted to be sure that my designs and inspirations would be practical ones, as well as being things that are feasible to make, when it comes down to picking up the wire and pliers and creating.

Then I ran across the Nuummite sphere on eBay. I already have a Nuummite wand, which is a good shape to compliment that stone, as both the stone and its shape are beneficial for converting thoughts and ideas into reality. So I figured that the Nuummite sphere would make a good partner for the Quartz one, as I'm trying to create jewelry (bringing thoughts into reality) and also bring the thoughts of SALES of jewelry into the realm of reality. :)

So now what we have are two spheres, and technically three stones, that are intended to boost creativity, practicality, and manifestation. They haven't been in place that long, only a few weeks, so there hasn't been time to establish a significant track record. But I'm working on it. :)