Alchemist's Oracle

lark

I have always believed exactly that about EXPECTATION...
Thank you so much this helps a lot Nina* and for the video Madrigal...I thought I had searched YOUTUBE before and didn't find anything, but maybe that was for another deck...can't remember...but thank you.
Off to watch it now.

Nina*

Great! I look forward to hearing what you two decide. :)

Madrigal

You're most welcome, Madrigal! :)

And of course....

For Initiation: ''The question isn't why not start off on such a path, for you did so with the very first breath and beat of your heart. The question is do you wish to walk this path consciously or unconsciously? Initiation occurs when you commit to this adventure with an open loving heart, eyes that see through the veil of illusion and a spirit that wakefully creates...............''
She also adds crystals to each card. Here: Moonstone, Labradorite, Merlinite, Lazulite, Blue Chalcedony.

For Expectation: ''The expectations you place on yourself and others restrict and constrain. Free yourself and your relationships by releasing expectations. Expectation strangles creativity and life force, producing resentment. Approach your self, a relationship, or an activity with lightness and curiosity, discovering delightful aspects and elements of who you are through what you can contribute to it, rather than what you can get out of it...........''
Here she chose: Obsidian, Black Tourmaline, Smokey Quartz, Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz.

Thanks, Nina*. That's helpful. I like the crystal associations as this a new area of exploration for me. The deck is $57 USD which includes shipping. Steep but not exorbitant and it's an indie deck so that money will go to support that impulse in the world, which is satisfying. Will have to seriously ruminate on this one.

I have always believed exactly that about EXPECTATION...
Thank you so much this helps a lot Nina* and for the video Madrigal...I thought I had searched YOUTUBE before and didn't find anything, but maybe that was for another deck...can't remember...but thank you.
Off to watch it now.

Let us know what you decide, lark.

lark

Ok, that video pushed me right over the edge...exactly the style of art I love...and I was getting some psychic hits off of the colors just watching it...so I'm going to order it.
What a beautiful oracle.

Nina*

Wonderful, lark. I really hope you'll love it.

BodhiSeed

I had a few dollars in my Paypal account and decided to spend it on this lovely deck. I emailed Lauren (the artist) and suggested she put a currency converter on her website so people could see what the actual price was instead of in AUD. I gave her the link to Aeclectic and this thread in hopes she'll pop over and say hello. :)

Madrigal

This is on its way to me, too. That youtube video I posted convinced me. It will pair up beautifully with the WU :D

BodhiSeed

This is on its way to me, too. That youtube video I posted convinced me. It will pair up beautifully with the WU :D

I'm thinking I might pair mine with the Tabula Mundi (b&w version) when they both arrive. :)

Madrigal

I'm thinking I might pair mine with the Tabula Mundi (b&w version) when they both arrive. :)

Ooh nice. I think it would work well with the Linestrider also.

Madrigal

My Alchemist's Oracle arrived today. It is absolutely lovely! I'll be pairing it up this week with the Wild Unknown Tarot and seeing how the two decks speak to each other.

I'd post pics but the above-linked youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the cards.