Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The Aeon

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
llee's Avatar
llee  llee is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 29
llee 

Ok, here it is:

I did a relationship spread for my friend asking about thier current situation with the thoth deck:

- 3 of Cups (she to him), accurate! She still love him so much
- 7 of Cups (him to her), accurate! he is having affairs outside
- The Aeon (them together). not sure how to interpret this. They currently close to breaking up.
Top   #41
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

It's important to remember that the Tarot can't make decisions for us or predict the future. My previous answers still stand.

It may be important to understand why "he" is wandering. Has the fire gone out of the relationship? If so it may be time to inject some new energy into it.
Top   #42
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llee
- 7 of Cups (him to her), accurate! he is having affairs outside
The 7 of Cups is interesting and may be important. It could be interpreted as he wants something that he's not finding within the relationship.
Top   #43
llee's Avatar
llee  llee is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 29
llee 
Talking


Thank you Aeon418!

Everytime this card appears, i have to re-read the meanings many times and focus on the pictures for long time to interpret it. Should you say I'm asking tarot to predict or make decisions for them, not in this reading. I just want to see what their current situation is.

After reading all these comments, I still find the meaning of this card is so abstract. I guess I will continue my research more for this Aeon card.
Top   #44
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

The Aeon is nearly always a definite step forward. Moving on to the next level and that sort of thing. It can breathe new life into situations that have gone stale, or it can mean a completely new beginning that sweeps away the past and begins a whole new cycle of time.

There's a cleansing aspect to this card as well. But it's a cleansing by fire that can appear very destructive at first. Before new growth can emerge the old and useless things have to burnt away. This can be painful sometimes, even when it's for the best.

You can always be sure that "something" is going to happen when the Aeon turns up in a reading because it's a card of movement and progress.
Top   #45
Fronterance  Fronterance is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 16 Mar 2006
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 28
Fronterance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418
The Aeon is nearly always a definite step forward. Moving on to the next level and that sort of thing. It can breathe new life into situations that have gone stale, or it can mean a completely new beginning that sweeps away the past and begins a whole new cycle of time.
But it's not the Death card, so I guess it doesn't mean the end of the relationship necessarily, right?
Top   #46
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronterance
But it's not the Death card, so I guess it doesn't mean the end of the relationship necessarily, right?
Maybe, maybe not. It's all in the interpretation I guess. It could mean a split, but maybe not.

It's interesting to compare the Aeon with Death. I feel that they represent different forms of change or that the process of change is different. To me the Aeon is swift, firey, and energetic and may involve destruction. But any change is usually for the better because it represents the next step.

The change represented by the Death card is more about decay and putrefaction leading to change. That kind of change seems far more watery. Also I feel that the change of Death seems to be more of the cyclical type. I think Aeon is more linear in that it builds upon the past.

In the context of a relationship split I would say that the Aeon is a definite split. Death would be more like a gradual drifting apart.

Just my opinion.
Top   #47
Fronterance  Fronterance is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 16 Mar 2006
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 28
Fronterance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418
It's interesting to compare the Aeon with Death. I feel that they represent different forms of change or that the process of change is different. To me the Aeon is swift, firey, and energetic and may involve destruction. But any change is usually for the better because it represents the next step.
That's interesting insight. I do get the feeling that it is "onto the next thing" rather than a focus on the end of the old thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418
The change represented by the Death card is more about decay and putrefaction leading to change.
I think that is only in the reversed position. Upright is swift, reversed is sloooooooow deterioration which implies prolonged unpleasantness. At least that's what I've come to understand. That's why people always tell you the Death card isn't necessarily bad. This, too, is just my opinion.
Top   #48
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronterance
I think that is only in the reversed position. Upright is swift, reversed is sloooooooow deterioration which implies prolonged unpleasantness. At least that's what I've come to understand. That's why people always tell you the Death card isn't necessarily bad. This, too, is just my opinion.
I don't use reversals. LOL

I personally think that Death is more transformative but not as sweeping in it's change. There's a cycle to how it opperates. The change implied by the Aeon is New, New, New in definite steps. It always builds. Old may be good, but new is better etc., etc.
The Aeon is a change by growth and expansion. A progressive step forward. That's not always the case with Death where the change may be good or bad depending on how it is influenced by other cards or the context of the reading.
Top   #49
llee's Avatar
llee  llee is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 29
llee 
Red face


OK! I'm back from my little research. I think this link http://www.angelpaths.com/majors/aeon.html (also click on "working with the Aeon") is giving a very detailed divination meaning of the Aeon. :-)

OK, combining the explaination of Aeon418 and from the net, I would summerize the meanings of "the Aeon" as:

- defined ending
- new beginning
- and leave the past behind
Top   #50




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.