Trick or Tarot

Freder

Thanks, bonebeach!!

I'm aiming for the regular edition to have a retail price of between $20 - $25, and for it come in a tuck box with a LWB, all the bells and whistles that people sometimes miss in print-on-demand decks.

It's the reason that I'm doing this with a Kickstarter, instead of just doing it as a print-on-demand deck as I have done with most of my others. I want it to reach a wider audience and be affordable to more people. I can't make that happen without taking pre-orders -- which is what Kickstarter is best used for. That way, no one is out any money unless the project is fully funded.

Would I _like_ to do it without running a Kickstarter? You betcha! Kickstarter is frankly a pain in the ass! If I thought that I could generate enough pre-orders through my own website to make the publication viable, I would. Barring that, if some rich investor came along... ;-) Eh, no, I think KS is my only option.

I stand by the quality of my print-on-demand decks, and ultimately the fact that they exist in such tiny print runs (fewer than 50 copies of my Tinker's Damn Tarot currently exist in the world! You don't get much more "Limited Edition" than that!) is what justifies the price tag -- but it's a business model that I would like to ditch over the next year or three.

Many thanks to all and everyone who has kindly supported my efforts up to now. Please don't stop!

DT

bonebeach

WOW, potentially less than thirty bucks for a Freder deck?! I'll get one for a friend.

I absolutely stand by the quality of your decks--I only have the distressed Zirkus Magi, but it handles like a dream and takes a beating. Everyone who handles it loves it, and everyone I read for on line with it is always so curious about it. And that's your bargain deck! I imagine the other ones are stunning.

I've heard from many people that Kickstarter *is* a pain in the ass, but I'm excited that you're doing it. Your work is great and I would love for it to reach a bigger audience.

I'll definitely fund this one when the time comes, and will continue to show the Zirkus off in the meantime. :)

Grizabella

Good luck to you. It's a wonderful deck and definitely one to go on my wishlist. :)

CharlotteK

Thanks, bonebeach!!

I'm aiming for the regular edition to have a retail price of between $20 - $25, and for it come in a tuck box with a LWB, all the bells and whistles that people sometimes miss in print-on-demand decks.

It's the reason that I'm doing this with a Kickstarter, instead of just doing it as a print-on-demand deck as I have done with most of my others. I want it to reach a wider audience and be affordable to more people. I can't make that happen without taking pre-orders -- which is what Kickstarter is best used for. That way, no one is out any money unless the project is fully funded.

Would I _like_ to do it without running a Kickstarter? You betcha! Kickstarter is frankly a pain in the ass! If I thought that I could generate enough pre-orders through my own website to make the publication viable, I would. Barring that, if some rich investor came along... ;-) Eh, no, I think KS is my only option.

I stand by the quality of my print-on-demand decks, and ultimately the fact that they exist in such tiny print runs (fewer than 50 copies of my Tinker's Damn Tarot currently exist in the world! You don't get much more "Limited Edition" than that!) is what justifies the price tag -- but it's a business model that I would like to ditch over the next year or three.

Many thanks to all and everyone who has kindly supported my efforts up to now. Please don't stop!

DT
I have a Tinker's Damn deck and it's outstanding quality. It's been my Deck of the Week this week and is fast becoming a firm favourite. I wish shipping costs to the UK and customs charges weren't quite so high or I would buy ALL your decks without hesitation. This one looks great and I'd really like to add it to my collection.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

lightpers

Wonderful deck, Freder, so pretty!! I wonder if i can join backing your Kickstarter, as my Tinker's Damn has not been opened till today because i obsessed afraid using it with my dirty hands haha

Belinda2

Make sure you let us know when you are going to start the kickstarter for this deck ( it will be my first one. I loveHalloween pumpkins so it's a win-win for me! I also like A deck to has a sense of humor doesn't take itself too seriously

Belinda2

I just had a closer look at the cards, such detail, love it!!!

Freder

The Kickstarter isn't going to begin for at least a couple of months, or so I think at the moment. I still have quite a lot of cards left to design, and I've only just started putting together the campaign page -- that's a big job all by itself!

With several other projects in the works (which is helpful, so that no one project gets to "rushed," and to keep the mind fresh) it will be at least May before I can let it all out of the cage.

However I am adding two or three card designs to the website every week.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and enthusiasm!

DT

Tanga

A Halloween-themed deck by Duck Soup Productions? For me, this will be a hands-down-no-questions-asked-absolutely-MUST HAVE tarot deck for me!

And, a deluxe jumbo edition? Delicious shivers.... :D:D

Thank you, Freder!

THIS.
I'm for a regular size edition (though I'm not sure when I can justify the expense, lol - but it's on the top of the list...).
Might you have a waterproof option Freder?
:heart: