Lo Scarabeo Mystical Tarot (Giuliano Costa)

greatdane

I was just coming in to say....get it now!

I paid 17 and change just a few days ago!

SO if you're on the fence, GRAB IT NOW!

greatdane

LET'S TALK DETAILS!

I love the bits of whimsy.
That great Fool, that looks so old school....stepping on a BANANA PEEL!

It isn't something that screams at you, but some of the details I find so fun, others enchanting.

The Tower almost has an Escher feel.

Love the DEATH card and what is behind the green curtain?

The Devil has elements of Dali to me, and that helps make what would normally not be a Devil card I would like, one I like more, but this whole deck just goes together for me.

The MOON card, eerily dreamy and love the detail of the reflection in the pond.

The Two of PENTS standing on a top while juggling.

Yes, some have surreal elements, but really aside from some quirky bits here and there, I find it very RWS-readable. It's like an old deck I would see in a dream and the odd thing shows up here and there.

The EIGHT of WANDS I really like with the butterflies and caterpillars.

I'm an Air sign and just happen to love the Swords suit (which I see as an air element, I know some see as fire). I love how the Water Bearer, my astro sign, shows up.

And butterflies make an appearance quite a bit in the Swords. Even the odd flying objects I find cool as they are in...the air.

NOT a card that is a dealbreaker for me (altho I DID watch youtube reviews before ordering so knew what I was getting). Of course we all like some cards in a deck MORE than others, but THIS IS SO A KEEPER FOR ME!

Virgo26

I ordered one too...

from the Book Depository. Hoping to get it this week. I only have 2 decks at the moment so hoping to enjoy this one. Will update!

Patrick Booker

I got this deck quite recently, and I really like it. Sometimes a historical feel, sometimes a bit quirky - Lo Scarabeo at their best.

Patrick

greatdane

JUST AN FYI....the price is up to 16 and change now

The price is going back up. Where it was 13.39 yesterday, moving up past 16 today. I paid $17 a few days ago.

EmpyreanKnight

It looks so beautifully executed, like a warm thing full of secrets. Not sure about the borders tho, it seems I dunno, a bit kitschy. But I think this will tide me over until the real Sola Busca arrives in October, so I just ordered it. Hope it comes to our shores before the month ends.

EmpyreanKnight

Btw the deck is now $20+ on Amazon, so it was a steep climb from the $13 just two days ago

staticfuzz

Btw the deck is now $20+ on Amazon, so it was a steep climb from the $13 just two days ago

Prices on Amazon tend to fluctuate. It's unlikely we'll see it for $13 again, but it's definitely possible it'll go back tot he $16 range if you're patient.

Nemia

Oh dear. I don't know exactly how that happened but this deck just jumped into my basket and now I have a mail from Paypal. Reader, I bought it :)

It looks like a Mannerist fantasy, somewhere between Sola Busca and Bosch. I don't need new decks at all, and didn't want to buy it, but this looks really interesting and a bit crazy and a great take on tradition.

Well, I blame you all :p