Druidcraft Favourites and Least Favourites

Sophie

Leo62 said:
The High Priest - I've never seen a Hierophant that was actually...sexy..before! ;)
hehe - that's very true. Makes you understand how some people get very fond of their gurus ;)

Jewel-ry

What a wonderful thread. I loved reading all of them.

Having trimmed this deck to a very a manageable size (all off, except pictures) I see it in a completely different light. It reminds me now a little of my Morgan Greer deck, in which the images and colours just spill out of the cards.

Having only trimmed last night, this is really the first time I have really looked at this deck so immediate favourites include many of those already mentioned here.

Having just read LittleBuddha's thread on the King Cups, I have put him next to his Queen and just love both of these cards now. They have a connection that many of the other Kings and Queens don't when you put them side by side.

I love the Hermit with his wolf. Wolves are pathfinders, teachers. Speaks loads to me.

Death with the old crone.

The 2 Swords, Moon, Star, 7 Pentacles, Fool, High Priestess, 5 Cups, King Wands. Oh so many. This is a beautiful deck. Just love it.

Disappointed in the World. Just doesn't seem to fit the deck for me. Also 2 Cups, doesn't hold the same magic as most of the other cards.

J.

Little Baron

I feel like that about 'The World' as well, Jewel-ry.

Really integued about how the deck looks when trimmed. Do you have a scanner?

I noticed yesterday, that some of the cards, even though not over-used have got quite beat up on the backs - have white marks on the brown that won't rub off. Have considered giving them a cut but would be nice to see how they look beforehand. Did you trim the text off as well? How did the backs look afterwards?

LB

Sophie

I felt the same about the Two of Cups, until WalesWoman drew it in a reading for me and pointed out the house of the dead in the backround - the stone tumulus. Since then it has taken on a whole new depth - love and death, eros and thanatos; beginnings and endings, loving and letting go, honouring the past and the future, etc. etc.

Lee

I love the artwork on this deck, and I love most of the cards. One card I found a bit dissapointing is the High Priest (I think that's what he's called, I'm at work and I don't have the deck in front of me). Maybe I just need to read the book again, but there isn't anything about him which suggests anything High-Priest-ish to me. It's a nice picture but it doesn't speak to me.

I agree the 3 of Swords is mysterious, but I like it for that reason. The uneasy mystery goes well with this card, I think.

-- Lee

Sulis

LittleBuddha said:

Hi LB, here's a link to some of my trimmed cards: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=504831&postcount=50

Jewel-ry has gone a step further and took off the stone coloured borders and the script too. Not sure whether I'd like the backs of the cards if I did that though. One of the things I like about this deck is that the backs are reversible.

Love

Sulis xx

Jewel-ry

LittleBuddha said:
I feel like that about 'The World' as well, Jewel-ry.

I noticed yesterday, that some of the cards, even though not over-used have got quite beat up on the backs - have white marks on the brown that won't rub off. Have considered giving them a cut but would be nice to see how they look beforehand. Did you trim the text off as well? How did the backs look afterwards?

LB

I wish I did have a scanner because I just can't tell you how nice it is without the borders at all. As for the backs, the central pattern is slightly lower when the deck is the right way up. I really don't think its a problem, in fact I prefer it because this way the back is all brown with just the central knot. When I first cut the cards down to the border, the backs had a gold thin border towards the outside which looked wrongly positioned to me. The fact that I can now handle them far outweighs the slightly skewed central pattern.

:)

FaerieStorm

My LEAST Favorites (though I don't really "dislike" any of the cards in this deck) are:

-Strength (I know there aren't any Lions runnin' around the British countryside, but the Boar-thing is kinda' wierd to me).
-2 of Wands (I don't really get it--it doesn't match the rest of the deck)

FAVORITE CARDS:

-The Lovers
-High Preistess
-EMPRESS!!!! my favorite Empress ever!
-The Hermit (he looks like Merlin)
-Wheel of Fortune (dig the circle-casting thing)
-DEATH (one of the best versions of this arcana I've seen)
-Curnunnos/Devil (connecting it with the Lovers was brilliant)
-The Moon (I like the fact that the moon is smaller--alluding to the fact that the Moon--however smaller than the Sun--is equally important to life: the tides, weather, etc.)

-Seven of Swords
-Ace of Swords (the Excalubir/Lady of the Lake analogy is great)
-Ace of Cups (Holy Grail analogy nicely done)
-3 of Cups (The use of male figures, rather than females, works well)

This is definitely in my TOP TWO list--the other being Tarot de Paris by J. Philip Thomas.

light2000

I love my druidcraft!!!

My favourite are :
the princess of cups
the star
queen of swords
2 of swords
The empress
The devil / cernnunnos
The temperance / fferyllt
The queen of cups

I dont like very much:

the 3 of swords,
the wheel
4 of wands
2 of wands
ace of wands
seven of swords

But is my favourite deck.

Nydia

FaerieStorm said:
-2 of Wands (I don't really get it--it doesn't match the rest of the deck)
Hello,
I don't have this deck, but I'm thinking about buying it. I agree with the quote. I don't get the 2 of Wands either. When I see this 2 of Wands, it reminds me of tv shows in which police have left a white line to show where a body was found. Here's a photo:
http://home.comcast.net/~loveoftarot/DeckImages/DruidCraft.jpg
Can somebody tell me if the book explains how this picture fits the meaning? What does the book say?

Also, in the same photo above, I'm sorry, but Cernunnos looks like a "Bigfoot" with antlers to me. And I don't think he looks happy about finding those two people in his forest. Does anyone else see it this way or would the book's meaning make sense with that picture?