Philosophical Inspiration from the Guidebook

BreathingSince72

On page 5 of the Wild Unknown Guidebook, there is a sentence that caught my attention. "Quiet the Naysayer...don't let him prevent you from sitting down with a friend (or yourself) & using these cards to help talk about what's going on in your life." This is key in so many ways. The Naysayer is the ego telling us we're not good enough, not smart enough, can't save the world, etc. The Tarot is a remarkable invitation to trust our spirit given intuition and to help ourselves and others put all the cards on the table and discuss what's really going on. The Tarot is an invitation to community, to fellowship, to meaningful interaction and discussion...to spiritual growth.

I am truly grateful for the invite.

allifai

a case of icantdothis-itis

On page 5 of the Wild Unknown Guidebook, there is a sentence that caught my attention. "Quiet the Naysayer...don't let him prevent you from sitting down with a friend (or yourself) & using these cards to help talk about what's going on in your life." This is key in so many ways. The Naysayer is the ego telling us we're not good enough, not smart enough, can't save the world, etc. The Tarot is a remarkable invitation to trust our spirit given intuition and to help ourselves and others put all the cards on the table and discuss what's really going on. The Tarot is an invitation to community, to fellowship, to meaningful interaction and discussion...to spiritual growth.

I am truly grateful for the invite.

I was struck by this passage too, as well as another. I have the second edition Guidebook so the Introduction "drawing the tarot" is on pages 9-11 and on my page 10:

"...at several points I almost gave up drawing the deck. I felt as though I just couldn't do it. You'll probably come up against these feelings too as you start to give readings to yourself or others. Doubts, fears, "I can't do this," "I don't know enough."

and although I am sad the artist had these feelings, I had them too, in a big way, relating to one (or rather a few) of my own writing projects. Knowing that another person has a case of icantdothis-itis. It was just the thing I needed to hear, I suppose. A lesson in perseverance :heart: