Circle For Unorthodox Readers

Empath111

thank you all, and LZ, glad to hear it was pushed a bit furhter out. :) gives me time then. We just returned a bit ago from the funeral, and yes, it is always sad to lose a family member. This 'cousin', (Florence) was really more like an aunt to me, as she was a few years older then my mother--and her kids were in my siblings age group--still a good 8plus years older then me. But, her oldest daughter and I are close.

anyway, it was sad in a lot of ways, because this woman was not that ill--but just couldn't come to grips with burying her daughter a few weeks earlier. That cousin of mine died from a cancerous brain tumor and that was a terribly harder death.

Florence would've been 90 yrs old next week and I was so looking forward to her turning 90. She was an amazing lady, still living in her home that she and her hubby had from the time they were married, and it was many acres--which she still took care of--ALONE! :laugh: can you imagine??? 90yrs old and mowing all her acreage alone. :D

However, it was nice to meet up with all the families again, and now the oldest living cousin was 93 last November, and just as spry as Florence. (her cousin too, not her sibling). Mary, who is 93, remembered everyone and everything going on in everyone's life. :D

I will hopefully take time on Monday, if not tomorrow to do the flowers. I'm looking forward to it, really, because the flowers card is such a happy, simple looking card, but so much to tell! it's the next two cards that seem much darker to me, lol! :D
Oh, CN - I remember in the prayer circle about your cousin. I am so sorry to hear about her mom. That is so very sad. 90 years still doing all of that yardwork?! Amazing.
Anyway- thoughts and prayers to you and your family - two losses in a very short time... xoxo

Skydancer

So you're doing the coffin and bouquet now?? For the rest of this week then?

Thanks.

LadyZelda

So you're doing the coffin and bouquet now?? For the rest of this week then?

Thanks.

Yep! you can post your study anytime all the way to Friday 8th ;)

celticnoodle

[size=4+]bouquet[/size]

SYMBOLISM
the flowers are bright and cheery looking, upright and tall. they give a feeling of confidence and fun, happy times. in a nice clean looking, homey container on a simple table with a small white cloth.

The flowers are a combination of red roses for love, purple flowers that could be Lavender, not sure. Yellow mums and daisies and a black eyed susan. So, I did a bit of research on the symbolism of each.

Red Rose= love and beauty.
lavender=devotion
yellow mums=slighted love*
daisies=innocence
black eyed susan=encouragement

so, over all a happy symbol here, save for the mums, but I put the * there, because with their pretty yellow color, I still see it as a very positive and cheery symbol.

The bee flying to the flowers symbolizes inspiriation.

the white cloth=purity.

GENERAL MEANINGso, it all seems to be pointing to something good over all. good wishes, hopes and blessings.

NUMEROLOGY/ASTROLOGY
the symbol in the upper right corner is the symbol for jupiter, which indicates good fortune.

CAREER
a florist, or greenhouse keeper, gardener

LOVE
true love, romance

HEALTH
good health returning if illness was recent. good news. hope being sent for better health. congratulations.

SPIRITUALITYThe red rose could be for the BM, also for St. Theresa, the Little Flower, as she always had red roses and it was said the same could be seen to often come out of her body. the purple is about faith and devotion, white for purity and yellow for purity.

TIMING9 days, 9wks, 9mos. or September.

this card was quitesimple to describe, I think. it just gives a feeling of peace and happiness.

LadyZelda

The Coffin and the Flowers

As we are now 3 using the Mystical, I have decided to take another approach, to present what can be seen in a very simple deck. What would we get from a deck which art is reduced to the bare minimum? Is it possible to discover the same meaning without all the symbolisms found on the Mystical?
To answer these questions I looked through my Lenormand decks and picked the GDR Lenormand.
I’m making another change in the way I post my study to better suit the amount of spare time that I have. It’s been hectic to try to keep up with the Study and have the time to type it all…There is really a whole lot that comes up from the Lenormand cards, when I study them…I found out that the more I look at them the more I discover…So to spare me hours on my laptop and rest my eyes and hands I have decided to use a very simple format, putting all in one paragraph. Keeping everything as simple as the GDR deck!

The Coffin:

For me positive and negative card. Physical death? Not the main meaning, but this could also be the case. We can’t shy away from this possibility even if this is a very delicate matter so you have to know when it is possible to predict such a threat, not everyone can face a death threat calmly. What the Coffin represents: sadness, sorrow, serious illness, lack of stamina, the end of something, a radical change, reaching a dead end in any area, also “dead” as unproductive or not beneficial. Finances are not flowing, difficulties to make ends meet, or can barely make it. As a career: funeral home worker, medical examiner. Positive aspects: transformation, renewal,moving on.

The Flowers

A very positive card, like a ray of sunshine! Happiness, joy, gift, love, invitation, your life is blooming, health wise, you feel great, if ill this would speak of a quick recovery, great atmosphere at work, get promoted… career: florist, gardener. Financially: a check is in the mail, financial prosperity, no worries at all. Great relationships, romantic, affectionate, true love.

celticnoodle

yes, LZ, I see what you mean about the coffin. It could still indicate a death, as awful as that would be to see in a reading for a client. After reading through your thoughts on the card, another career popped into my head as well--a counselor. Not just a grief counselor but any type of counselor really, as they help one see the positive in life after a hardship--which could be from the death of someone close, or any transformation. what do you think?

I also do believe that if the person card was out and there was the cloud card next and then the messenger card and this card, coffin, it would indeed suggest bad news, and even the news of a death. Perhaps also the scythe being in the mix? eh? or if whips came with the scythe and/or clouds and coffin. all these combos could indicate bad news of a death, don't you think?

I'm going through the LWB to see what other cards in combination w/this card and others could indicate a death. do you have any you can think of?

oooh--tower or mice card too in the mix. perhaps also the lilies card--as that is one symbol that always makes me think of funerals. and maybe the last card also, the cross? what are your thoughts on these?

LadyZelda

yes, LZ, I see what you mean about the coffin. It could still indicate a death, as awful as that would be to see in a reading for a client. After reading through your thoughts on the card, another career popped into my head as well--a counselor. Not just a grief counselor but any type of counselor really, as they help one see the positive in life after a hardship--which could be from the death of someone close, or any transformation. what do you think?

Yes, I agree counseling can be needed in drastic changes, and after tragedies, and hardships.

I also do believe that if the person card was out and there was the cloud card next and then the messenger card and this card, coffin, it would indeed suggest bad news, and even the news of a death. Perhaps also the scythe being in the mix? eh? or if whips came with the scythe and/or clouds and coffin. all these combos could indicate bad news of a death, don't you think?

I agree according to the way the reading is going I would say that we could have the threat of death, someone dying, or dead. With the Scythe and Clouds I would check the direction of the cardS.

I'm going through the LWB to see what other cards in combination w/this card and others could indicate a death. do you have any you can think of?
oooh--tower or mice card too in the mix. perhaps also the lilies card--as that is one symbol that always makes me think of funerals. and maybe the last card also, the cross? what are your thoughts on these?

Tower, mice and cross are another possibility. Lilies I can’t help but seeing contentment, peacefulness. But for me, the Flowers that we just studied added to the Coffin could indicate a funeral!

Still, the more I study the cards and the more I think that this oracle like any other divination tool can’t be locked up in a book or course. If one follows a “set” of meaning, they will make no sense in some readings. In the case of the Coffin for instance, the Reader needs to intuitively know if it is talking of a threat, or an actual death or someone who is dead, or just a radical change....

celticnoodle

Lilies I can’t help but seeing contentment, peacefulness. But for me, the Flowers that we just studied added to the Coffin could indicate a funeral!
interesting, because I see it the opposite! :laugh: I guess because at every funeral I've been to, someone has sent the lilies, so I guess that is why I feel this way. I even send lilies often to funerals. the flower card itself feels so happy to me--that I would see it more for a congratulations type thing.

Still, the more I study the cards and the more I think that this oracle like any other divination tool can’t be locked up in a book or course. If one follows a “set” of meaning, they will make no sense in some readings. In the case of the Coffin for instance, the Reader needs to intuitively know if it is talking of a threat, or an actual death or someone who is dead, or just a radical change....
yes, I so agree! Though I am more of an intuitive reader anyway, I just cannot imagine reading anything w/o incorporating my intuitive side to it.

LadyZelda

Announcement

I am sorry to announce that for personal reasons, I have to close our circle. Thank you CN, Empath, Tarolyn & Sakura for your most appreciated participation.

Wishing you the best in your study of this inspiring Oracle! :D

Peace, :love:

Lady Zelda