New Sabian Symbol Website

MCsea

Yep I think a new thread with a list, if there are blanks thats OK.. we can decide what may go in there..

One example - peacock ore - taurus 30 - a peacock parading...
its a root chakra stone.. Peacock Ore is also known as Chalcopyrite good ofr the Brain, pineal and pituitary. Clears a jumbled mind, concentration, study Carries all colour rays, aids in meditation Clarify's emotional needs
FROM - BOTH from http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/library/crystals/crystal_virtues_m.htm#P

Obviously the crystal ball sybmol would be a quartz crystal ball!
Quartz Crystal Whole body, esp. pineal & pituitary Clear thinking, stimulates brain function Spirit guides, meditation, healing an be used for most spiritual works....

2 down 358 to go.. ;)

Lynda

Wow - keep it up, Marina!

Marina, this idea is brilliant and would add brilliantly to the database of knowledge we have about the Symbols and you're just the person to do it!
Great!
Lynda

MCsea

THAT is the confirmation I was waiting for :)
You are the GURU of the sybmols in my mind I did not want to - hmm do something that was not 'right'

anyway I started on them and have easily done about 60 of the symbols now 0 60 crystals/minerals etc :)

Will start posting them to start discussion on them - some of the sybmols are screaming out to have a particular mineral/gem its amazing...

Elven

YeY!! Marina!!!
60 already!! Im so impressed - I cant wait for the thread!! I am going to add it to my Sabian Symbol book - if I can find a space in the margin!! - I'll have post-it notes stuck all over it!! LOL!!
As big Kev would say -"Im excited!!!"
"go MCsea!!!"

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

AS you will see its a bit more than just gems and crystals
I think there are only about 90 of those so I added metals rocks and such..
I think it works, I have done nearly half now.. I only posted Aries as a first pass, I want to meditate on them all before making the final list, the 'flying' minerals/gems keep flitting around!

anyway its going well..

:)

Elven

Great news Marina :)

Its certainly a huge job! All credit to you marina - you're doing an awesome job!!! Are you working to a formula or is the Symbol intuitively prompting the gem/mineral/ metal association?
I read a piece of writing last night that the Chaldeans had firstly associated metals with the planets (7 of them at the time) and then I (think I read somewhere else about Sabian Symbols) that in the development of the Symbols interpretations (done by Dr Marc Edmonds?) was thought to be channelled from them (the Sabians or Chaldeans) too. Maybe this is another thread lol!! History of the interpretations. I was wondering if you felt 'guided' on this project, from another source?

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

So far, for me its just so obvious which mineral/gem/metal - lets call them elements goes with which symbol.. sometimes I 'hear' the right element when Im thinking of a sybmol and I rush to put it on paper, later when I look up the spiritual meaning of the element 9/10 times it is either the key word for the sybmol OR it IS the symbol OR it LOOKS like the symbol.. Im not sure if its 'someone' telling me or IM drawing on my experience.. I think most of them feel right anyway.. I dont feel like it is a big job - weird eh.

I kind of think its like looking at lots of paintings and saying what colour is predominant theme.. I have done over half the symbols now, but every now and then one 'element' switches, then switches back, just want them to settle before I complete the list, LIKE CITRINE! wont sit anywhere...

I thought, Im not going to 'justify' the choice of each and every element in the thread when I post - just too much detial - I want people to look at 'personal' symbol-elements to 'see' if they can see why I chose it - that way I feel its confirmation.. you know.. of course Id be happy to answer WHY did I chose that symbol...

Elven

The correlations look great marina. I have been looking up some of the things which Ive never heard of before - its a great excersise and I can see how they relate to the Symbol.

Thankyou so much for such wonderful insights to the Symbol and a great new perspective - its great.

Many Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

THANK YOU ELVEN..

even I have found some amazing links... and I thought I knew LOTS about geology!

;)