The Pook

cSpaceDiva

The first time the Pook appeared to me, SHE made it known that her messages would be more difficult to understand than some of the others. I got the impression that Pook was associated with animals and she would communicate with me in a style similar to the way pets do--not in clear language but with subtleties and not so subtleties. The fingers pointing down seemed to be saying to keep an ear to the ground, to be aware of the seemingly imperceptible. It made me think of the way animals can sense earthquakes before they happen, and they are reporting now that dogs can smell cancer.

A day or two later, I took another look at the Pook, and HE was not being female anymore. I came to understand that an aspect of his extreme sensitivity to the world around him is that he is able to be flexible and is forever changing and adapting to whatever suits him in the current situation.
lark said:
If you look inside of Pook you see his whole chakra system is lite up.
This is a Fey that is intune with himself.
It is because he is so in tune with himself that it does not matter how he appears on the outside.

Pook's message to me at the moment is to trust my intuition, but also to make sure I stay grounded. Resolving paradoxes indeed....

September Pixie

Its interesting what everyone has said.. however for the past 3 days The Pook has stayed at the bottom of my deck! and I shuffle A LOT! I cannot really connect to the pook, so to me, right now especially its a card of disconnectment, unattachment, and distance.. a bit true for me!

Alissa

Sept Pixie, maybe he's watching your back? ;)

September Pixie

Alissa, I never thought of that.. but thats a possibility too!

geministar

The Pook is my daily companion today. I almost didnt have time to draw him before I left for work so I grabbed my decked, fanned it out on the bed and chose my faery for the day and Ive never had the Pook before so I really had to look closely at him.

lark said:
If you look inside of Pook you see his whole chakra system is lite up.

This is what I noticed too and because work has been on my mind alot in the last 12hrs or so, I get the feeling that the Pook might help give me my answer for the few theories I have about what might happen in the near future. Everything will come into alignment for me - hence the lit up chakras.

Jewel

I am bumping this thread up for LixiPixi ... :D

.traveller.

Could someone help me with Pook? He keeps popping up, and then I think I "get it" but then he keeps showing up so obviously, I didn't get it.

lark

Hi traveller and LixiPixi
My opinion and experiences with Pook haven't changed over the years he still is as I stated above...telling me to be sure I am asking for the right manifestations, things that match with my inner desire..things that will light up my chakras!
And often my inner desire is very contrary to what the world might see as normal or successful or desirable.
And he's there to say..hey that's Ok...

The thing with faeries is they don't speak the same language to each of us..so working with them is very important ...
One of the exercises I do with my faeries often is if a certain faerie is following me around I put him on the table and then ask what they want me to know about them and why they keep showing up.
And then i use an oracle deck or tarot deck and pull three cards and put them under the faerie card.
This way I get a little conversation going...often I go on to ask a lot more question and really delve into what that faerie wants to represent to me.

I pretty much never ask the other Faeries to tell me what (for instance) Pook wants to say, because they are so naughty to each other and like to tease and joke and I never get a serious answer.
(now someone might come right behind me in this thread and say...Oh, my faeries never are naughty they are all so sweet and get along so well together and are so compatible... blah blah blah)
And that's what I mean they are very special individual cards....but they are all different with each of us...non conformists to the core and my meaning or anyone else's meaning may not be your meaning for Pook.
So I take that faerie out of the deck and go off alone and have a card reading with them.

I probably sound like a silly lady, but Pook says...that's OK ;)
Faeries get into your blood, through intuition and use they become a way of life.
It is a deck you can spend a life time with and always be surprised.
"sigh' I love my Faeries. :love:
And sweet Pook is a friend worth discovering....

edited to add..often if you just sit and meditate on the card the meaning comes through loud and clear for you.

Jewel

lark said:
Faeries get into your blood, through intuition and use they become a way of life.
It is a deck you can spend a life time with and always be surprised.
"sigh' I love my Faeries. :love:

edited to add..often if you just sit and meditate on the card the meaning comes through loud and clear for you.
Lark I agree with you totally.

As for the Pook I have not really had much experience with him, and I have been using this deck regularly for YEARS! So I really do not know much about him. What Lark describes is similar to my relationship with Soul Shrinker though.

The Pook definetly has a presence and in past readings he has been there to comfort sometimes and to warn other times. But like I said he is one of the few faeries that I have not gotten to know well.

Spend time with Pook, maybe even do the favorite/least favorite card exercise from the book with him. Whatever works for you. I would love to hear more about your experiences with him, what you learn, and what he means to you.

lark

You are a faerie after my own heart Jewel..:)

And yes, I would love, love, love to hear what Pook ends up meaning to all of you...so let us know.