Another question : who shuffles?

crazydeka

Good to know...

this is was one of my question... because I heard different things all the time and I always wondered what was the right way.

Diana

Ooh! A thread from the past (nearly two years!) What fun! And still actual, I see.....

Just for the record, seeing as I started this thread, I always give my cards to the querent to shuffle. I was quite surprised to see how many people don't know how to shuffle actually, but they manage somehow. (Seeing as I fan my cards, it doesn't really matter so much as to how well they are shuffled or not.)

crazydeka: Welcome to Aeclectic. :)

Alex

I've come to realize that it doesn't matter. Who shuffles, how, it's all the same in the end: cards in front of you and they could be any; cards and you still have to shoot it right, get the point and say something that person needs to hear.

My boyfriend strongly believes HE has to choose his cards so when I read for him I fan the deck so he can choose. If I give him the deck to shuffle then lay the cards in sequence, he thinks it doesn't work. And I'm talking about someone who doesn't "believe" this "cards thing". Imagine if he did.

Oh well.

Alex.

Aura Wolf

I am used to shuffling, for I have generally only done readings for people online. Only in person have I read for my boyfriend, and I sometimes let him do the shuffling and/or cutting. I have no problem with this. As for reading personally for others, I don't know yet. I think it personalizes the reading to let the querent shuffle/cut/draw their own cards, but I think for me it would depend on the querent and my impressions of them. If I sense that they are quite timid I will do it myself, if they seem eager I will let them help. And on the other hand, if I get bad vibes from any of them, they're not touching my cards ;)

Vynara

I don't know if this helps but recently I went to a tarot reading by this woman called Monica, she left me shuffle it at the beginning. She told me to put down the cards into three piles and think about my questions as I did so. Afterward, she did all the shuffling.

And yes, she was spot on for almost everything - my character, my questions, my worries, my plans for the future, even a few of my deep dark secrets o_O|||

redfairy

Hi

Just now, as i am a beginner, i shuffle myself for the querant. But later, i plan on handiing over the pack to the querent so that their energy goes into the cards too! WHat say you!

hedgecub

Ooh, another old thread gets resurrected. :D

When I read for others in person (which is somewhat rare), I usually shuffle the deck myself, then fan it out so they can pick the cards. I'm not picky about other people's energies getting on my cards - it's nothing a thorough shuffle afterwards can't handle - but I am picky about my cards being handled too roughly. Letting the querent pick cards from a fan after I give the deck a gentle shuffle allows them control over their own reading while preventing my cards from being damaged by an overenthusiastic shuffler.

leftovercrizack

I dont ever let anybody shuffle let alone touch my deck! But then again I have never really tried letting them do it either.never know t might be better.

Zingara12

Shuffling

I have always wondered about this too. Good ideas here. But I have a question, for those of you who fan the cards.... After shuffling do you cut them? And who cuts them if you do?

Thanks for all the help, this site rocks!!!!