How do i read a ephemeris table ?

Sharla

This is what ive been looking at ....http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2016.pdf hopefully its the correct one.

But i'm not sure how to read it...i've been looking at the moon's aspects, so as the moons last aspect in a chart applies to my asc at 2 degrees (asc being sagittarius).

Then going by this ephemeris, it's saying this won't be till the 29th November....am i reading it correctly ? I've got a feeling i'm not. :confused:

In the chart i've basically looked at when the moon next moves into sagittarius......or would my asc be which sign my significator is placed in...which would make it libra ? But then even if its Libra, the date would be the 24th November.

Minderwiz

As of this minute the Moon is at 17 degree 17 minutes Aquarius. It only needs to move to 2 Aries to trine your Ascendant at 2 Sagittarius. That's a travel of 45 degrees. At an average speed of 13 degrees per day, that's just under three and a half days.

An ephemeris doesn't give you aspects, only the planets positions day by day at midnight UT. Yo need an aspectarian or software that gives the date of aspects. In this specific case where you want an aspect to the Ascendant, you need software.

Sharla

As of this minute the Moon is at 17 degree 17 minutes Aquarius. It only needs to move to 2 Aries to trine your Ascendant at 2 Sagittarius. That's a travel of 45 degrees. At an average speed of 13 degrees per day, that's just under three and a half days.

An ephemeris doesn't give you aspects, only the planets positions day by day at midnight UT. Yo need an aspectarian or software that gives the date of aspects. In this specific case where you want an aspect to the Ascendant, you need software.

I understand this so much more now Minderwiz,thankyou. I've found a suitable chart online i can work from thats shows current transits, and this is helping me a lot more with planetary movements and upcoming transits.

I'm just waiting for the moon to reach 26 degrees, to see if one of my charts comes to fruition lol.