Card of the day reading - morning or night?

NaterXander

Do you do your daily card reading in the morning as a way of preparing yourself for the day ahead, or do you read it at night as a way of better reflecting on your day?

lantana

I do it in the morning. I'm kind of a morning person by default, since by the time the day is over I'm very fatigued and usually don't have the processing power to do a reading.

Barleywine

I do it in the morning, to see what the overall "tone" of the upcoming day could be like. I don't look for anything more specific from it unless something more interesting than background noise shows up.

Cocobird55

I do it in the morning, to get a general feeling of what's possible for the day.

rwcarter

When I do them, I do them at night to reflect on the day that's passed. Part of that is that I don't have time in the morning, and part of it is that I find it easier to relate the cards in retrospect.

A story I've told many times is when I was studying Clive Barrett's Ancient Egyptian Tarot, I got the 3S for my daily reading. The imagery in this deck is different from the RWS version as you have a naked couple on the card. The woman is sitting on the bed and the man's back is to her as he stands in the doorway. I think it's thundering outside. I couldn't see how my day was reflected in that card until I remembered that a co-worker had tried to argue a point with me and I quite literally turned away from him cause I wasn't going to continue down that path.

Had I pulled that card for the day to come (whether in the evening before or the morning of), I would've been looking for heartache, pain, discord, and would've ended the day thinking, "Hmm.... THAT didn't happen...." But looking back on the day, I was able to make the connection.

Rodney

violetdaisy

In the morning - when I do draw a card for the day. I write a only a few sentences (quickly) with my impression of the card and what it could relate to. Then I forget about it (usually, because my days during the week are crazy busy) until I look at it again at the day's end as a reflection of my day. So I kinda do both because I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the card in the morning and then link the card in the PM to my day.

Since lately I am incorporating weekly runes to augment my daily cards (to better understand both) my morning session now also includes how the rune "changes" the tone of the card. It's been enlightening.

For instance, one day this past week I drew a card that I have always let be about the character in the foreground - but there is also a shadowed figure in the background that I haven't ever really "Identified with" That day was all about the figure in the background, something I would have overlooked had I not begun my new-ish practice.

Learning the cards I think a reflection at the end of the day is more helpful than at the start of the day. Because drawing a card at the start of the day *could* change how you approach the day and then the card no longer really relates to the day. There's cons to the other side as well. It's whatever you find works for you with what you're trying to get out of the cards.

blackmoonbee

I do it in the morning and take a photo of it and. Add it to my oneNote Tarot notebook and at the end of the day try to write a bit about it.

vie

I like to do my daily draw in the morning to get a feel for the day ahead. I'm newly returned to tarot so a bit rusty and forever learning so I also use the daily card as my study card for the day.

snowmoon

i need to sleep well. so i do it at night for tomorrow.

Farzon

I usually don't take the time in the morning. Sometimes I will pull a card at the end of the day for reflection but sometimes also for the next day. Both methods have their own value and relevations, so I like to change between the two.