Thoth Articles Sought for Magazine

templumkat

Hello All

I'm looking for magazine article submissions on the Thoth deck. If this isn't appropriate in this forum, mods please move elsewhere - but it is Thoth-specific!

I am prepping the next issue of Tarosophist International, which will be our fourth magazine. As an annual issue of the quarterly magazine, we thought we'd theme it, and have chosen the Thoth deck as our theme. I am including an article by a member here already, on the timeline of deck publication, and one from Lon Milo Duquette. There are several other expert authors I have approached for articles also. I am working on a substantial article entitled "Theology of the Thoth Deck: or - What's that Egyptian God doing on my Card?!". This will be based on primary source material and travels in Egypt, supported by personal and academic study of Crowley and Thelema for 25 years.

If you have an article idea or written piece you'd like to submit, pm me and I'll give you the details of the magazine, site and submission guidelines. The deadline is prior to September 1st 2009, and the current payment is a print copy of the magazine, for substantial articles.

I am hoping to pull off a coup with regard to illustrations and the cover of the magazine, subject to negotiations with - ahem - various bodies. I already have a photograph of a Frieda Harris original crayon sketch (from my own collection) which hasn't been made that public that often, planned for the magazine.

So your article will be in excellent company! If you have an idea only or just a thought, let me know also as I'm happy to work with beginner-writers to create a magazine-ready article through co-editing and collaboration.

Thank you for your attention.

Marcus Katz

Grigori

Hi templumkat :)

Ordinarily a post like this would be better suited to the Advertising forum, but given the topic I suggest we leave it here for the time being. I'll move it to Advertising in the near future, after all the "thoth-ites" have had a chance to see the thread here.

Best of luck with your upcoming issue, I'll be very interested to hear more about it as it comes up to publication.

S :)