the two of pentacles

ravenest

It was the knowledge of good and evil that the big fellah didnt want us to have. The snake believed we should have it, and as far as paradisical Gardens of Eden go ... after that fruit was eaten thanks to the snake, everything changed.

ravenest

lampkin said:
now you're just being silly rave

I just checked your new profile pic .... and I AM being silly? :laugh:

rogue

Change

It strikes me as rather odd that a whole category of people would not even bother to read their own bible, but just take someone else's word for it when these people obviously have a lot to gain by their followers' ignorance. You're free to look up what I said in the last post in the scriptures if you like Marion, but remember there's a lot more than what's contained merely in the bible. Since that's one hell of a lot of work, it's doubtful you ever will. If you recall, every last prophet was hated by the people who loved the corruption of the church, until he was long gone and his messages rang true. Prophets are messengers of Change. Caught up in the decadence of the moment, this cognitive dissonance naturally pisses a lot of people off.

rogue

yeah i guess we both have rather quirky senses of humor rave

rachelcat

IDSing away . . .

2 of Disks – Change

Crowned snake makes figure 8 by biting own tail, symbolizing infinite wisdom or infinite life. I tend to think the crown is for Kether. Maybe the head of the snake is Kether and the rest of it is Chokmah and 2ness.

I think it’s infinitely wise to know that change is constant! I mean to REALLY know it!

Now you’ve got me thinking about the serpent in Eden and the Tree of Knowledge and Good and Evil. A little learning is a dangerous thing, but I was just reading a commentary on Sepher Yetzirah, and it makes the point that the Bible often links Wisdom, Understanding, and Knowledge, Chokmah, Binah, and the non-sephira Daath (Knowledge). So maybe the crown is Kether and the rest of the snake is in Daath, like the snake was in the Tree of Knowledge. Just throwing it out there.

The circles are all about opposites, no surprise. White and black circles with opposite turning tai chis. One has fire and water, the other air and earth. Everything is turning. Crowley talks about stability in change, and all I can see is a bicycle—you can only keep your two wheels stable if you keep moving. And equilibrium. Things in nature don’t stay stable because they don’t move. They stay stable because they DO move—animal populations stay stable when some are born and some die.

I have chosen not to get into the colors on this card. If I ever want to get into that, I’ll have Snuffin on hand!

My 2 coins keyword is a bit different. Force (2) + physical (disks) = cycles. Like the water cycle, weather, seasons, animal life, chain of life (animals eat plants, animals eat animals, worms eat animals, etc.) So I would go with this card as expected, or at least understandable, change. I also see that for the Death card, while Fortune is more about unexpected change. We know our child is going to grow up, but when he shows up engaged and moving to another city, it still seems like a shock, but it’s an understandable, life cycle change!

The card is Jupiter in Capricorn, Jupiter as in Fortune! Banzhaf astro book says it means duty and law and order. Well, in this case, natural law and order (stability in change).

And we’re back to 0 = 2. Nothingness, emptiness of separate self is formed by change (+1) + (-1). (I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense. Once I figured out this “absolute value” thing, I see 0=2 EVERYWHERE!, so it make sense to see it in a 2 card!)

In a reading: Things will change in an expected or at least understandable way. The way to keep things stable is to keep going! Maybe running just to stay in the same place? You will get out of something what you put into it.

Walter

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!

Hello everybody,

The snake must be a symbol for change and wisdom because it's situated in the card Change in the Sephira Chokmah/Wisdom.

A fun thing that hit me while studying the card was the 0=2 equation. Everything has its opposite and when united they become No-thing. Something that happens in the Change card. It's the card where the energy changes to Some-thing below The Abyss or changes to No-thing when it heads for Kether.
And the fun thing, I think so, is that the eight on the card are actually two zero's. The zero is two :)

Still is still moving to me by Willie Nelson is probably a good song to symbolize Change :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lWZEdb_oE

Love is the law, love under will

Walter

Always Wondering

Walter said:
And the fun thing, I think so, is that the eight on the card are actually two zero's. The zero is two :)

Walter

Oh, that is fun. I hadn't realized that before.

AW