Hierophant in love readings

jenster

The Hierophant is associated with the planet Saturn, the karmic taskmaster. I don't see marriage with this card. I see life lessons, be they positive or negative ones. Whenever this card comes up for me it's because of something I need to do which I am not presently doing. He's the spiritual teacher and frequently stands in for my guides or another person who is giving me a life lesson.

This is (a part of) what I was trying to say. Except Absynthe said it in a much more succinct and clear way.

Esk

As other people in this thread, I often have the hierophant as "things will stay the same. Same old habits" whatever the situation, including romantic relationship. Things won't move and will stay the same.

And twice I have this card to mean that :

Sometimes I think Hierophant means it is a "respectful" relationship, where maybe someone respects you spiritually, socially, culturally, etc where they may be afraid to have a relationship with you that my involve sex, or sexual lust.

I get the Hierophant card for guys I have huge sexual attraction for but the guys hold back. It use to frustrate me. Then it dawned on me that maybe the guys right now in their lives just want a woman only for sex and they don't want a serious relationship, but they respect you enough to not use you for sex, so they will keep the relationship quite modest, respectful and just have a conservative relationship with you that conforms to men acting like a gentleman towards a woman.

I experienced similar situations as yourself and the men in question don't want to cross the line and prefer the relationship to stay platonic. They want a relationship that is in a way morallly, ethically right because usually they are afraid someone gets hurt.

However I once had the Hierophant representing a marriage, but it was paired with the 2 of cups. But most of the time this is not how i read this card.

lmf

Sometimes I think Hierophant means it is a "respectful" relationship, where maybe someone respects you spiritually, socially, culturally, etc where they may be afraid to have a relationship with you that my involve sex, or sexual lust.

I get the Hierophant card for guys I have huge sexual attraction for but the guys hold back. It use to frustrate me. Then it dawned on me that maybe the guys right now in their lives just want a woman only for sex and they don't want a serious relationship, but they respect you enough to not use you for sex, so they will keep the relationship quite modest, respectful and just have a conservative relationship with you that conforms to men acting like a gentleman towards a woman.
Literally was thinking about trying to call up a friend and former boyfriend up for a purely sex session and I pulled the heirophant. Guess that's a no, lol. this made complete sense to my situation.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk