Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

earthshine

Ofcourse it's not "better than any other deck". :)
The most effective deck for the spell caster - is what the spell caster most likes to use
(says a spell caster). :) :)
The variety of tools exist - happily - for each individual to find their own best "fit" - particularly in the arena of magick imo.

For me - because I am Wiccan and this deck is so obviously "made by a Wiccan" - I loved it on sight.
I've no doubt it will become a "go to" deck for my spell casting. (I have several spell casting decks. They "fit" differently for different things/moods).

Presently - I'm still working my way through getting familiar with it - which will take me quite some time...
Thanks for your advice, Tanga. This encourages me to get the deck, finally. I'll head over the bookstore this weekend to do that. I'm a novice spellcaster, but not Wiccan in tradition. I guess I'm still trying to figure out what tradition of spellcasting I belong to, and hopefully the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot will help point me in the right direction.

Tanga

Thanks for your advice, Tanga. This encourages me to get the deck, finally. I'll head over the bookstore this weekend to do that. I'm a novice spellcaster, but not Wiccan in tradition. I guess I'm still trying to figure out what tradition of spellcasting I belong to, and hopefully the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot will help point me in the right direction.

You don't actually have to have a tradition you know.
You can just read around the subject and eclectically make up your own thing.
Wicca just happened to be me - and I'm a progressive (or eclectic one) so I don't stick to a strict format (I have some chaos magick leanings in how I perceive things, and heavily influenced by Shamanism).

You can look in the 'Theads on Magick and Ritual' for some commentary about this subject (some of it mine - lol).

fabfranco

Does someone have more information about the cards?'

I've got this deck as a gift, but I'm a bit lost here. Although the accompanying book has the basic RWS meanings, which are fine by me, I thought it would contain the explanations of the symbology used by the illustrator. Does anyone have more to share?

rwcarter

I've got this deck as a gift, but I'm a bit lost here. Although the accompanying book has the basic RWS meanings, which are fine by me, I thought it would contain the explanations of the symbology used by the illustrator. Does anyone have more to share?

Welcome to Aeclectic, fabfranco! If you read through this thread, you'll see that the author is a member here and posted a few times. I believe she started a series of YouTube videos/blog posts to go more into depth about the symbols used, but I think that fell by the wayside pretty quickly.

Rodney

fabfranco

Welcome to Aeclectic, fabfranco! If you read through this thread, you'll see that the author is a member here and posted a few times. I believe she started a series of YouTube videos/blog posts to go more into depth about the symbols used, but I think that fell by the wayside pretty quickly.

Rodney

Rodney, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I've seen that, and because of that (and the myriad of videos of people reviewing contradictorily the deck/book) I came here to ask for some direction.

EmpyreanKnight

Rodney, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I've seen that, and because of that (and the myriad of videos of people reviewing contradictorily the deck/book) I came here to ask for some direction.

If you missed it, here's the index thread for the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot Study Group right here in these forums:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=267908

It's a bit sparse as of now tho. If you have additional insights on some of the cards, just post away.

fabfranco

If you missed it, here's the index thread for the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot Study Group right here in these forums:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=267908

It's a bit sparse as of now tho. If you have additional insights on some of the cards, just post away.

Thank you for pointing me to the right forum discussion, but as you've posted it's indeed very sparse. I, for my side of things, don't know much about these cards, so that's why I'm here, seeking information.