Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

BusyScholar

I don't get the dot over the head on 6 swords
nor the eyedropper on judgement. Nor do I feel it is an either/or card.

I'm not 100% sure, but I zoomed in on the painting and I think the eyedropper may actually be a wand.

When I look at the Judgement card I get the feeling that it could be taken as an either/or card. Either the young girl stays down in the flames, crying, or she can rise above the flames and do what she is called to do by the divine. That's the feeling I get from that card.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more from this deck now! :)

Shade

A new card has emerged.

Llewellyn author Melanie Marquis just posted an image of the Two of Cups from an upcoming deck on her Facebook page - I have attached it to this post. She mentions Scott Murphy as the artist who has stated that he is working on the MS deck. Why am I excited?

1. More gorgeous art - let's get that out of the way, I love the details
2. Possibly hinting at GLBT relationships being represented in a deck, or if not...
3. At very least a definition of the Two of Cups that isn't caught up in love. Two people toasting their mutual success would be a lovely meaning for the Two of Cups. Certainly very magical.

Attachments

• 2 of cups.jpg
    2 of cups.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,358

rwcarter

Thanks Shade! I'm more and more intrigued by this deck.

Disa

Oh it's gorgeous! I like the black and white (charcoal) ones better.

Granville

A new card has emerged.

Llewellyn author Melanie Marquis just posted an image of the Two of Cups from an upcoming deck on her Facebook page - I have attached it to this post. She mentions Scott Murphy as the artist who has stated that he is working on the MS deck. Why am I excited?

1. More gorgeous art - let's get that out of the way, I love the details
2. Possibly hinting at GLBT relationships being represented in a deck, or if not...
3. At very least a definition of the Two of Cups that isn't caught up in love. Two people toasting their mutual success would be a lovely meaning for the Two of Cups. Certainly very magical.

That 2 of Cups is to die for. Absolutely the best I have ever seen. Alas, another deck I must have.

MoonGypsy

i love what i have seen thus far for many reasons! :) i await more news and updates with
eager anticipation.

HuskyChariot

Another gorgeous deck to pine for.

I love the style of these paintings (I prefer the colour to the black and white), they have an old world feel and beautiful details, but still feel modern somehow.

I will be watching the progress of this one with great anticipation.

I love the Two of Cups, the interpretation could go either way... love or mutual success... or both :) And yes, Judgement seems to be an either/or card. This deck looks like it will be rich and versatile.

kittenblade

This is going down on my "must own" list. They are gorgeous! I do believe the wand might be symbolizing pointing energy down to the woman in the cauldron. I'm not positive, but that is my interpretation.

Reyan

OMG so psyched for this deck! I like this guy's magic cards too ;)

That looks fantastic artwork. I can't tell from the write-up whether the deck will be B&W or in colour. The colour illustrations look gorgeous but whether printed cards could have that "oil paint" glow, I doubt but still...that's on my list.

Based on his other posts, I assume the in-color oil paintings are the finals. For his Magic the Gathering cards, it looks like he submits a detailed pencil sketch, then once that's decided upon he paints the oil painting.