Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

Tanga

Did someone say SPELL?? (here like a magnet then! ;))

Well - I've fallen for that 2 of Cups. And the humour in the deck is refreshing.
Uncertain I like The Emperor... But... I really like what I see. Hmm.

Shade

A few more cards form the artist's recent updates. If you go to his site you can see more of his process in creating cards like the Knight of Swords. As is almost always the case with these, the unused more heroic concept is the one I find intriguing but that's possibly just being pulled toward what could have been.

Attachments

• The Hermit Final Small.jpg
    The Hermit Final Small.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 963
  • Knight of Swords FinalSmall copy.jpg
    Knight of Swords FinalSmall copy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Ace of Swords Final Small.jpg
    Ace of Swords Final Small.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 944
  • 10 of Cups Final Small.jpg
    10 of Cups Final Small.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 949
  • 5 of Swords Final Small.jpg
    5 of Swords Final Small.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 982

Shade

Was looking at the latest batch of images again and something I noticed that I hadn't before is that the 5 of Swords seems to be the first version of this card in which the aggressive sword-wielding figure isn't just some brute but is defending himself assertively from the wolves. Often when the 5 of Swords comes up for a client in the "to-do" position I talk about the need to stand your ground and win... so of course I like this version.

Le Fanu

Wouldn't it be lovely if the cards looked like this!

INIVEA

On my, another gorgeous deck that I must get. When is it due to come out?

Sigrdrifa

I'm not sure I like this one. Looking at 8 of pentacles and the Hermit I can't find certain symbolism that define these cards. Pentacles 8 is simply about work, and about the goal of the work. There's no routine, no boredom, no meditative state, no mastery. The Hermit wears a set of keys, as if he's already found what he's looking for, instead of still in search. He's already beyond being a Hermit. And that knight of cups will certainly rust!

I also see the painter states he wishes he had more time for this, the deadline forces him to use computer art instead of making 78 real paintings, which he would prefer.

However, the painter has great skills, and apparently the author seeks to show us a different side to certain cards. That 2 of cups also caught my eye, it is gorgeous! I'm really curious what more this deck will offer.

desertrat

This deck appears to be available for pre-order on Amazon. It's scheduled to be released in September. Two days ago it was listed for $29.99 USD, today the price has dropped to $15.21 - I wonder if that's an error...

DaughterOfDanu

This deck appears to be available for pre-order on Amazon. It's scheduled to be released in September. Two days ago it was listed for $29.99 USD, today the price has dropped to $15.21 - I wonder if that's an error...

I saw your post and immediately preordered :p I'm looking forward to this deck. I like The Emperor card quite a bit and the feel of the deck in general. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

HOLMES

I got my eye on this one

it actually comes out on my birthday , looking forward to it, as it looks to be my deck to get this year.

the artwork drags me in :)