Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

Scarlet Woodland

Does anyone know if this is a switched element association jobbie? The swords seem particularly fiery. Beautiful so far though.

ZKEI

Cardstock

Please please please.. Llewellyn.
Please DO NOT publishing this deck using the same Very Thin cardstock as the Animal Totem Tarot.

I like the freshly brightness of the Animal Totem images printed, but its cardstock pushes me off. Any other of my Llewellyn decks do not possess this kind of thinness like this one.
:(

Moondream

Please please please.. Llewellyn.
Please DO NOT publishing this deck using the same Very Thin cardstock as the Animal Totem Tarot.

I like the freshly brightness of the Animal Totem images printed, but its cardstock pushes me off. Any other of my Llewellyn decks do not possess this kind of thinness like this one.
:(

There is a review on YouTube which compares the Animal Totem cardstock to previous Llewellyn cardstock and it turns out that it is actually quite a lot thicker than the Hidden Realm for example. It is also harder to rifle shuffle because of its thickness.

Link: https://youtu.be/Ix6bAew_qhg?t=4m30s
comparison starts around 4.30 mins, you can see that the deck is a lot thicker indeed.

Maan

There is a review on YouTube which compares the Animal Totem cardstock to previous Llewellyn cardstock and it turns out that it is actually quite a lot thicker than the Hidden Realm for example. It is also harder to rifle shuffle because of its thickness.

comparison starts around 4.30 mins, you can see that the deck is a lot thicker indeed.

thats because animal totem is not a llewellyn deck. Its by lo scarabeo who have much better cardstock on general.

ZKEI

Thank you. That of my feeling would be from its coating instead. Yes, I also have the Hidden Realm and I like its cardstock and its a-bit-slippery-but-not-too-glossy coating.

BUT, for this Animal Totem, I feel like I will get a paper cut every single time I shuffle.

If it will be this thick, I wish it could be plastic-like cardstock as Revelations or Robin Wood.

Melanie Marquis

Image gallery for Spellcaster's Tarot

Hi everyone! I'm the creator of this deck illustrated by the very talented Scott Murphy, who incidentally also does art for the Magic: The Gathering game. I wanted to share with you all some more images from the deck. I hope that's okay to share this here! http://www.melaniemarquis.com/modern-spellcasters-tarot-gallery/

Melanie Marquis

Alternative elemental associations

Does anyone know if this is a switched element association jobbie? The swords seem particularly fiery. Beautiful so far though.

Yep, it is! I'm guilty! :D Cups are water and Pentacles earth as usual, but Swords are aligned with fire and Wands with air in this deck. This difference stems from differences in magickal traditions, where some witches associate the athame ritual tool with fire, while the wand is associated with air. I felt it went along better with the symbolism of the cards to do it in this alternate way even though it goes against the majority tradition. I think of wands as movement, change, flow, swiftness, which seem like airy qualities to me, while the swords cards often show destructive forces, which seems like a fiery quality to me. I tried to design the deck in a way that the symbolism would come through even for someone who uses the alternative, and more common, elemental associations.

rwcarter

Welcome Melanie and thanks for the additional images and explanation about element switch!

Shade

Love the new cards - especially the ones with deities on them (Isis - I think - as the Star is gorgeous). Very striking.

The geometric shape faces on the High Priestess and Hierophant are pretty intense - could you talk a little bit about them?

Also - because of the lettering behind the Hierophant I can't help thinking of him as Bob.