Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

OaksWhispering

I came across this deck last night when I saw it on Instagram. I was immediately taken with the art, but what a DISAPPOINTMENT to hear about the awful cardstock. I can't justify buying it now, no matter how much I like the art and imagery.

I personally have no issue with the card stock, I am not sure why people hate it so much, but that is just me. I think it is better than my Faeries Oracle deck cardstock.

gregory

It is on the thin side - which bothers me not a lot.

But it is WAY better than the Animal Totem stock.

CharlotteK

It is on the thin side - which bothers me not a lot.

But it is WAY better than the Animal Totem stock.
Lol. I really like the way Animal Totem reads, it's given me some great readings. But the cardstock is pretty grim and makes the deck virtually unshufflable, I feel like I'm wrestling it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

gregory

Lol. I really like the way Animal Totem reads, it's given me some great readings. But the cardstock is pretty grim and makes the deck virtually unshufflable, I feel like I'm wrestling it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Yes indeed. VILE stock. Some of the worst I've ever seen :( And Spellcaster is HUGELY better than this !

Barleywine

I should probably be clear: the Spellcaster cards handle very well. They're nicely "whippy," also smooth on the face and slightly "toothy" on the back. I like the way they feel in hand. But I can't see getting heavy or extended use out of them with heavy-handed clients mauling them. As Le Fanu said somewhere about the card stock, " 'tis paper." For ritual use, this wouldn't seem to matter much, but in public use it could be a deal-breaker.

Luna's Crone

I love my deck. the cards are llewellyn cards, but i like them easy to use. the box setup is soooo unllewllyn. really nice for them

JeniReadsTarot

I came across this deck last night when I saw it on Instagram. I was immediately taken with the art, but what a DISAPPOINTMENT to hear about the awful cardstock. I can't justify buying it now, no matter how much I like the art and imagery.

I actually quite like the cardstock. It is thin, yes, but it shuffles really nicely. I have small hands so anything that reduces the size of a deck is usually ok by me.

JeniReadsTarot

I should probably be clear: the Spellcaster cards handle very well. They're nicely "whippy," also smooth on the face and slightly "toothy" on the back. I like the way they feel in hand. But I can't see getting heavy or extended use out of them with heavy-handed clients mauling them. As Le Fanu said somewhere about the card stock, " 'tis paper." For ritual use, this wouldn't seem to matter much, but in public use it could be a deal-breaker.

This is a very accurate description, actually. I take your point about public use. I'm not at that level of reading for others yet. All of my work in internet/email based right now.

OaksWhispering

Ah, I see. I am a casual reader so it is good for me. I definitely wouldn't be able to use it as my go to if I did a lot of readings for others.

athenafletcher

So who here thinks that the pros of the deck outweigh the thin cardstock? I really like the art!