Do Tarot Cards Lie?

JadoreHauteCouture

I know what you saying but I have been keeping both faith and making sure that I am doing as much as I can with the effort.

There are higher powers than tarot cards. I consider tarot as talking to your unconciousness and so on.. and yes, they are very exact and truth-saying... However, if stuff is supposed to happen and it didnt, it means its not a correct way right now cuz you havent finished something at the place you are right now or you simply because you are simply meant to be where you are right now even though you might not know the reason... Cards tell the way and the potential with possible outcome. but life can shut it down... if it does, theres a higher reason to it that you should think about...

Stark Raven

There are higher powers than tarot cards. I consider tarot as talking to your unconciousness and so on.. and yes, they are very exact and truth-saying... However, if stuff is supposed to happen and it didnt, it means its not a correct way right now cuz you havent finished something at the place you are right now or you simply because you are simply meant to be where you are right now even though you might not know the reason... Cards tell the way and the potential with possible outcome. but life can shut it down... if it does, theres a higher reason to it that you should think about...

It's kind of odd that when I first read this it didn't quite make logical sense. But the more that you mull it over, the more it does make sense. Brilliant observation Jadore!

lovehalo

I'm not sure about this. I asked the cards the other night if I would win the lottery, and I got the 9 of cups (wish fullfillment) and the emperor, and something else. But it all seemed to indicate some win of some sort. And I won nothing.
So idk. lol

And I noticed that when I try to read the cards too much, they get muddled.
I think part of reading the cards have to do with intuition. I think not all of reading the cards just comes from reading them on their own. I think you kind of have to be guided by intuition as well.

JadoreHauteCouture

It's kind of odd that when I first read this it didn't quite make logical sense. But the more that you mull it over, the more it does make sense. Brilliant observation Jadore!

hehe, thanks for kind words :) Yes, it was kinda confusing but it also was 3 am over here when i wrote it :p what i was trying to say that when we do readings for someone, cards dont tell us everything cuz we are not meant to know it... it could be invading someones privacy, influencing things too much, other person is not meant to know it, you know... but just like our cards dont tell us everything about others, they also dont tell us everything about us... They are here not to live our lives and solve our struggles but to guide us and illuminate us... when we do cards it doesnt mean our struggles and life tests will go away. I would go for an advice to tarot cards but not necessarily depend on them in that kind of way if you know what i mean :)

SatuGustafson

I didn't have time to read the whole thread, I just read through the first page. I think the cards can't really lie but as they all have positive and negative aspects one tends to see the positive ones more. However, I think the tarot cannot predict future events - at least not in the sense that it says what definitely will happen. It is a great tool to analyse your PRESENT situation and the options you have.

Where are the causes of the current problems? What can I do in order to achieve x,y,z? I think that's the questions tarot answers best.

The problem with a paid reading is - for me as a reader that is - when I see negative things it makes me feel guilty. The querent paid and I tell them there will be problems. A while ago I read for someone who was in love with a man and she wanted to know what his feelings were. The cards suggested to me he was not completely disinterested but that he was already taken and not likely to allow anything more than a little mild flirtation. It made me feel bad to take her money and deliver such a disappointing message. Then it's tempting to stress all the positive aspects because as a reader you would like to help, give advice, help people improve their situation. So maybe that's what the readers you have been to did, as they didn't want to give you bad news.

Grizabella

The problem with a paid reading is - for me as a reader that is - when I see negative things it makes me feel guilty. The querent paid and I tell them there will be problems. A while ago I read for someone who was in love with a man and she wanted to know what his feelings were. The cards suggested to me he was not completely disinterested but that he was already taken and not likely to allow anything more than a little mild flirtation. It made me feel bad to take her money and deliver such a disappointing message. Then it's tempting to stress all the positive aspects because as a reader you would like to help, give advice, help people improve their situation. So maybe that's what the readers you have been to did, as they didn't want to give you bad news.

Would you appreciate a reader who didn't tell you anything but the good news? I wouldn't. I'd like to know the good and the bad because life consists of both. If there are problems and obstacles, I'd much rather know and be able to take steps to remedy the problems or find my way around the obstacles instead of running into them face first because I didn't know they existed. Something you could do to help you feel better about it would be to draw a few more cards asking Tarot what your sitter could do to handle whatever bad news you'd had to give, so at least you'd be giving some helpful information instead of just negatives. Would that work for you? :)

Stark Raven

hehe, thanks for kind words :) Yes, it was kinda confusing but it also was 3 am over here when i wrote it :p what i was trying to say that when we do readings for someone, cards dont tell us everything cuz we are not meant to know it... it could be invading someones privacy, influencing things too much, other person is not meant to know it, you know... but just like our cards dont tell us everything about others, they also dont tell us everything about us... They are here not to live our lives and solve our struggles but to guide us and illuminate us... when we do cards it doesnt mean our struggles and life tests will go away. I would go for an advice to tarot cards but not necessarily depend on them in that kind of way if you know what i mean :)

Interesting, I only mention this as it applies to the thread, I took it more to mean that because the means are there to approach the goal you have set your mind on, it doesn't mean that you are ready or prepared to grasp those means and move on successfully. A person for example could on one hand believe they are ready to move to their goal, and have their heart completely set on that. On the other hand, it may involve taking a step that they absolutely can't bring themselves to make, or perhaps even recognize as being the key at that moment in time.

So I hope the mod agrees with me that this is a comment that applies to the thread, it seems to me to fit anyway.