"Dishonored" video-game tie-in deck

Mabuse

I do like the cards, I'm in the process of getting used to working with them, it's a bit like the French game of Tarot (at least that's what I believe it was called, I was speaking to younger French men at the time so they may have got their information from others) crossed with traditional ideas of the Tarot at the same time.

This is exactly what I was thinking especially when I saw the "minors" It does appear to be at least partially influenced by the French Tarot game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6rAP5DdJg
http://www.ask.com/answers/224187021/how-to-play-the-game-of-nancy-dishonored-tarot-card-game

Le Fanu

This deck is becoming the new Jonathan Dee deck on ebay. I've never seen such a ubiquitous deck.

How many did they make?

I now add "dishonored" as a word I need to eliminate on my ebay searches, alongside, "reading, readings, psychic, clairvoyant..."

This deck is everywhere.

Alta

I noticed that too. Guessing that as a freebie it wasn't considered very desirable by its recipients, so they are selling to get some of the cost of the game back. :) Just a thought.

Also, when I first looked, a couple of weeks ago, mostly they were asking 25-30 USD. Now a lot are down around 9. I have seen the deck in person (another member here got it from her son and showed it to me), it really isn't tarot.

Lily08

Tarot and Games!

I am a Gamer, I have been for many years, so I'm eager to get my hands on this one. And this time I've not messed around, I've ordered it from ebay (around $15 so thats not bad) and I'm hoping to pick up the game itself when it comes down in price. Besides I'm getting Skyrim first :)

I've often thought I was a bit oddball, as nobody I know is into both games and tarot but I'm very reassured that I'm not the only one having read some comments on this thread.

Personally I would love to see more decks based on games. We have a Zombie deck, why not a deck based on Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead perhaps. The Elder Scrolls series of games are packed with lore, elves, orcs, cat people (Kajiit), lizard people, the 'undead', ghosts, gods and goddess etc you could probably get away with more than one deck. Well I can only hope :)

gregory

Oh well. I just bought one on ebay for £3 - so I'll see what I think when I get it. £3 to be kind of INTERESTED is OK for me :) (there's always the I don't love you thread !)

You can get the whole thing WITH THE GAME for 99p. But I SO don't want the game !

karenquilter

Gregory, the game is so cool! I'm on my 4th time through, trying to make it without being detected in all of the quests. Wish it were longer.

About the deck: I think I'll get it on ebay.
K

gregory

Gregory, the game is so cool! I'm on my 4th time through, trying to make it without being detected in all of the quests. Wish it were longer.

About the deck: I think I'll get it on ebay.
K
Oh. Maybe I should have spent the 99p..... is it a regular play on your PC game or does it need - - equipment ?

karenquilter

The game is available on PS3, X-Box 360, & PC. I've had no end of fun with it. Just ordered a copy of the deck.
K

karenquilter

My take on the majors

I don't know why anyone would number the majors the way this deck has been numbered. Even if you accept the Empress, Hermit, Judgement & World as being what their names say, their numbers don't match those of the tarot.
This is what makes sense to me:

0 (Fool) Death (XXI)
I (Magician) Outsider (O)
II (High Priestess) Governess (XIV)
III (Empress) Empress (XIX)
IV (Emperor) Lord Regent (XVIII)
V (Hierophant) High Overseer (XVI)
VI (Lovers) Twins (X)
VII (Chariot) Boatman (IV)
VIII (Strength) Lust (II)
IX (Hermit) Hermit (XI)
X (Wheel) Lady (VII)
XI (Justice) Regret (VIII)
XII (Hanged Man) Drowned Man (XVII)
XIII (Death) Weeper (VI)
XIV (Temperance) Artist (XII)
XV (Devil) Cruelty (XIII)
XVI (Tower) Man on Stilts (III)
XVII (Star) Nobility (XV)
XVIII (Moon) Witch (V)
XIX (Sun) Urchin Prince (IX)
XX (Judgement) Judgement (I)
XXI (The World) The World (XX)

I chose Corvo to be the Fool; the game is his journey, his choices affect the outcome. The Outsider is more of a Magician, he gives Corvo, Daud & Granny Rags their special powers. The Witch as the Moon, as she is very different from what she appears to be.

Some of these are a bit of a stretch to make them fit the tarot.
K

Metafizzypop

How many cards are in this deck? I keep seeing references to this having only 72 cards, not 78. If it's only 72 cards, then what's missing?