How to make myself trust Tarot?

Fleur-de-lis

I feel a constant need to ask the same question over and over again. If the outcome is good, I can't believe it. If the outcome is bad, I can't believe it. If the outcome is unclear, I draw again. Again and again.

Even now, I asked the same question over and over again in different ways. I keep getting the same answers, all clearly positive (to me anyway), instructing me to go ahead and that everything will be allright. And I am still hesitant and afraid. Still stalling.

Aren't we supposed to trust the cards? And is there a "negative feedback" to the cards if we don't trust them? How to make myself stop asking the same question over and over again and just accept that the one time answer is just as good as the same answer repeated 10 times?

Thanks a lot.
May we all have a lovely day...

Grizabella

Trust comes the more we use the cards. Not use them over and over again on the same questions because that's destructive an d unproductive. It comes with length of time using the cards the right way. It sounds like you're obsessive with it right now and that will hold you back rather than help you gain trust.

Reading for others will also help you build your trust. Only reading for yourself is also something that may stifle you somewhat. You run out of things to ask pretty soon if all you read for is yourself.

Friture

I feel a constant need to ask the same question over and over again. If the outcome is good, I can't believe it. If the outcome is bad, I can't believe it. If the outcome is unclear, I draw again. Again and again.

Even now, I asked the same question over and over again in different ways. I keep getting the same answers, all clearly positive (to me anyway), instructing me to go ahead and that everything will be allright. And I am still hesitant and afraid. Still stalling.

Aren't we supposed to trust the cards? And is there a "negative feedback" to the cards if we don't trust them? How to make myself stop asking the same question over and over again and just accept that the one time answer is just as good as the same answer repeated 10 times?

Thanks a lot.
May we all have a lovely day...

Sorry this may not answer your question but staying detached to the outcome helps? I know some of us asks questions to see if a route is worth traveling (if it will reach the destination) but from my personal experience I'll end up not doing anything :/

If the outcome is good, I can't believe it. If the outcome is bad, I can't believe it. If the outcome is unclear, I draw again.
I have this 'problem' too. (i see it as a problem, I don't know for you) so I figured it's time I learn to be open, to have faith that my guides will lead me on the path that is in my best interest and I remain detached to the outcome.

I don't ask 'outcome' questions anymore, I just ask myself what I want and how I can get there.

Richard

I feel a constant need to ask the same question over and over again. If the outcome is good, I can't believe it. If the outcome is bad, I can't believe it. If the outcome is unclear, I draw again. Again and again.......
I suspect that most everyone does that, although they may lie about it. If the outcome is bad, I just accept it, although I may do additional readings for clarification. I console myself with the fact that whatever happens, it would happen with or without tarot.

When I look back on things like Tower events, I see that usually they had positive consequences, not negative as they seemed at the time. Sometimes progress in a positive direction seems negative and undesirable, but that is only from the perspective of an ant, which only sees things from ground level.

Zephyros

Tarot is a bit like leaving the house with a raincoat. You can't control the weather, but you can try to be ready for it. It doesn't matter if an outcome is good or not, and trust may not even be necessary, as all the cards can do is reveal possibilities, like the weather report. How you prepare yourself is up to you, but preparation is all you can really do.

Fleur-de-lis

Trust comes the more we use the cards. Not use them over and over again on the same questions because that's destructive an d unproductive. It comes with length of time using the cards the right way. It sounds like you're obsessive with it right now and that will hold you back rather than help you gain trust.

Reading for others will also help you build your trust. Only reading for yourself is also something that may stifle you somewhat. You run out of things to ask pretty soon if all you read for is yourself.

Thank you Grizabella. This is very helpful. I tend to be obssessive with the cards, because here's how I use them. When I have something important coming up that I want to know the answer, I use it and use it. However, when that event passes, I sometimes don't touch the cards for months (until a new event arises). Clearly, I need to do the readings on a daily basis to get rid of obssessiveness and learn to read them, too.

And reading for others helps, too. I have been helping people on this forum to interpret their readings for a few days, and I feel that I am learning a lot. With learning comes trust. Thanks again!

Fleur-de-lis

I don't ask 'outcome' questions anymore, I just ask myself what I want and how I can get there.

That is what I was thinking too! The outcome is usually a result of many dymanic variables, and we can only control our own (and even that is debatable - HA :) ). I definitely think it is best to ask as you said, concentrating on what I want and how to get there. Very good advice, thank you Friture.

re-pete-a

The cards are neutral ...Your the one that animates the deck....

For me the first rule to reading the cards is to

LET GO....

Let go of any other intruding thoughts and desires...These things make the mind a jibbering monkey house of noise and fleeting ,darting distractions ...all mental static...blocking the subtle and quiet whisperings of intuitions...When one lets go they become an observer of the mental monkeys rather than their victim...

Don't fight them peanut gatherers....Know that they are there and... DON'T FIGHT THEM...which is exactly what it's design is meant to do...occupy your whole attention and become lost ....right is wrong and wrong is not enough so the whole mess starts all over again...like a beached fish in the sun...flip flopping from one thing to another...
This is the secret behind meditations...observe them...watch how they produce one thing after another..

All aimed at you being the hero of any outcome...how right you are and how bad the other is...Control...Control...Control...'LET GO'... OF THE NEED TO CONTROL....ANYTHING...

The monkeys will vacate in search of more exciting peanuts ....

When that happens Doubts eventually follow and is replaced by Trust....Doubts bring out the rust in trust....

Now you can quietly play with the cards and simply accept ...without the need to be in control...the whispers of intuitions grows stronger due to the lack of mental noises...A boldness follows as FAITH grows....Now the reader can read the cards boldly ....trusting in the power that weaves all things into being....FAITH.

Glass Owl

Trust comes the more we use the cards. Not use them over and over again on the same questions because that's destructive an d unproductive. It comes with length of time using the cards that way. It sounds like you're obsessive with it right now and that will hold you back rather than help you gain trust.

Yep. I have found that doing readings for movies, tv show episodes, and books is good practice and a fun way of connecting with the cards.

Fleur-de-lis

When I look back on things like Tower events, I see that usually they had positive consequences, not negative as they seemed at the time. Sometimes progress in a positive direction seems negative and undesirable, but that is only from the perspective of an ant, which only sees things from ground level.
Yes, you are so correct. I perceive the tower in the same way. It is like getting fired from a mediocre job. It is bad in a short run, but it pushes you to find a better job. So you wI'll end up better in the end, although at this very time you may feel like your world is falling apart. Tower is a scary care nonetheless... At least to me.