How do feel about electronic tarot?

Ace of Stars

Reality is really a huge information system. A computer program or app is just another one assigning various possibilities to given events. Why they ought to be different? Maybe because the programmers can cheat you for the sake of sales making an app that gives you more positive predictions?

I think our reallity system is hacked all the time by intelligences living in it...

My partner and I make Galaxy Tarot and we definitely DO NOT mess with the cards to give you a more positive reading!

I'm so glad to hear it has helped you get into Tarot -- we really strive to create an authentic Tarot experience and it's awesome when we hear people go from using our apps to learning more and more about Tarot.

Ace of Stars

I have the Galaxy Tarot app. I love the sound it makes when it "shuffles." I am currently using as a learning tool, not to do actual readings. I normally do Draw a Card, then whatever comes up, I identify it and think about its meanings. Then when I'm ready, flip it over and compare my meanings to the ones given on the app.

I'm glad Galaxy Tarot is helping you learn. I'd love to hear what you find when you compare your intuited meanings to the ones I wrote for the app.

Ace of Stars

The app I have makes a shuffle sound and mixes the cards up when you shake the device and you have the option to select cards from a fanned deck or have them dealt for you. But even with those options it feels weird for me to use it for readings.

Do you use the Save Readings feature to keep a journal of your readings? Probably over time you'll be able to see how accurate Galaxy Tarot is for you.

VGimlet

Me, I think tarot apps and e-tarot are just fine.

I have a few of them on my phone, although in reality I prefer the real cards. which kind of seems odd since I prefer ebooks to real books now....

I would use them if I forgot my deck though.

GryffinSong

I simply ADORE my Fool's Dog decks, and only very rarely take out my physical decks anymore, and then only to use a deck that isn't available as an app. Personally, I hate the electronic shuffling sounds, or apps that make you choose cards or shake my ipad. A tablet is a completely different medium. For me, its best to accept, even embrace those differences, rather than try to reproduce something it is not. With my Fool's Dog apps I have all that junk turned off. For my daily draws I simply close my eyes, my finger poised over the button, and when I feel ready, punch it and open my eyes. The brilliance of the cards, the zoom feature, the book a mere click away, the journal ... all are so convenient that I can focus on the card(s) rather than the process.

Sar

I have one on my phone, but prefer to use physical decks.

Shade

They work. I once thought of them as just a toy but the best apps (like those of the Fool's Dog) give the reader all the control they need. In an interview with Caroline Kenner (that will get posted any-day-now-promise) of Tarot Visions, she mentioned that a spell created by Ivo Dominguez is in the junk code of the app to connect the user with the power of the oracle.

tigerlilybug

Do you use the Save Readings feature to keep a journal of your readings? Probably over time you'll be able to see how accurate Galaxy Tarot is for you.

I did save my astrology one which I haven't gone back to yet! But I feel like if I could choose a certain number of cards without preselected positions I would be more apt to save them :)
I do use the daily card reading a lot more than the spreads although I think it's great you have so many which is one reason why I upgraded to the pro.
But I have to tell you my most favorite aspect of the app is all the information provided with the cards I even went out and bought some crystals because of the recommendations provided. All in all I am happy I found it and have since deleted all other tarot apps and only use Galaxy Pro. The backgrounds and colors are beautiful and it's an easy to use set up. I just feel the majority of the spreads are not something I want a reading on so that could also be why I feel weird about using it for readings I like to mold my own :) But thanks for all the info and posting on this thread it's nice to see the person that runs Galaxy is actually into tarot!

VioletEye

it's awesome that so many of you enjoy these apps!

personally, i'm a physical person; i prefer real books, and real cards. it somehow feels a little more magical, more intimate, more sychronistic. that being said, i do use the internet a TON for tarot study!

Spectre Made Flesh

mm... I rather prefer the traditional way.

It must feel cold and distant not being able to shuffle and touch the cards yourself.

I like how the cards feel in my hands sometimes I just shuffle while watching a movie.

I agree with these comments. For me, part of the appeal of Tarot is the hands-on nature of it, it's a tactile experience. Whether it necessarily affects the accuracy of the reading, I don't know, but it's just nice to physically engage with the cards and become familiar with them.

EDIT: Oops, the previous poster said the same kind of thing just as I was typing it!