loss of inner voice or nerves

Cidel Willow

Hi everone.
I am not sure if I am in the right section of the forums as my question does not involve cards but the reading itself.
I only really concentrated on developing my intuition late in life although I have been reading cards for a few years privatly.
My problem is I can read cards for myself or for my family easily and correctly. I feel my intuition and inner voice so clearly. But when I tried to read for a friend the other day, I went blank. The knowledge of what the cards mean was there but it was like my inner voice had deserted me. I had no feelings, no intuition. I think personally that it was probably nerves and that I did not have myself centered due to this. Is this normal or can a person not be able to do readings for others even though I want to do them to help other people.

Any advice would be extremely welcome

Mystic Zyl

I feel when you are nervous and try to force intuition it has an opposite effect, it shuts down.
I have had that feeling too, and I have been reading for years. I believe you have to be in a peaceful state of mind to read and I prepare with certain little rituals you might say to help me mentally. Fear is a blocker, have confidence and I think you will do fine!

jsiu123

It depends on the person as well as the intuition itself. Some you get feelings, but some, especially certain type of people especially those who just reject the whole thing, you are much less likely to get any feeling out of them because you get hit by their blockage and have a share of their energy, then the result is you get absolutely nothing.

However that is just one of the possibilities out there, be it external or internal, I think that either way we have the vibe they have too and thus become our own problem... well anyways we a lot of us are no perfec readers.

Cidel Willow

Thankyou so much for the advice.the lady I was reading for is a bit of a sceptic so the blocked energy might have been the reason. I never gave that a thought. I will try to meditate and find my calm, and then try again to read for another friend. I will let you all know how that turns out.

Would burning incense help? I love the smell of sandle wood and tend to burn it when I meditate but never tried through a reading.

jsiu123

So you wanted to try those rutals? Despite I can't burn anything in my living place I would still wanna try. So sorta say, I really don't know about burning incense or stuff like that. I never perform such rutals neither to clean my tarot or do any type of energy cleansing, but developing self and identifying blockages are important. I think part of it is as your life journey goes you figured out something, and then when things go clear you clear that blockage as well.

If I think of something else I will post it here

Grizabella

It helps if you think about the person sitting and not about whether you're going to look silly or get things wrong. Just set your mind that the sitter is the important one. Holding that thought, then you look at the cards and start saying what you see and finding how each card draws the story along. Say whatever comes to your mind without censoring or second guessing it. Even if your sitter is skeptical, just say the message you're given from the cards. At first skeptics will probably bother you and make you doubt yourself but over time you'll learn to stay calm and know within yourself that you did what you were given to do at the time and that eventually the sitter will understand, even though you may never hear from them again. :)

Cidel Willow

Thankyou so much for the advice. I do probably let the sitter influence me too much.

JDMerlin

I sounds like she was blocking you out. Just for experimentation maybe you can try reading her when you are alone in a detached kind of way. Just to see if it was just nerves or not.

re-pete-a

Doubts bring out the rust in trust.....

You may find that your focus of attention was on yourself ...not the sitter..

Trust helps one become bolder than one normally is...

It also feels (to me) that your a person that likes to be alone as often as possible...Which doesn't give you too much practice at being bold....Don't fret...offer up your pride and the doorway will re-open for you....

PAMUYA

Doubts bring out the rust in trust.....

Love this.

It is stage fright. Just keep practicing. I still get this once in awhile, just not in the zone and it is as if the cards are foreign to me. I have found it very interesting to ask my clients what they see in the cards, this tends to break the ice and get your own intuitive juices flowing. I am always surprised how intuituve my clients are, and how open they are for you to point out things that they have missed. Good luck to you and keep reading :heart: