"Why does the Liber-T make me anxious?"

Grigori

Abrac said:
The creators have also thrown in their own original imagery. To me this part remains the most mysterious. :)

Probably you've already seen this Abrac, but just in case, check out this thread and Scion's awesome pdf.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=85073

It explains a great deal about where the new imagery in the Liber T came from.

Abrac

I've been looking through the minors 2-10 in each suit and comparing them with the descriptions in Book T. On each card there's usually one central figure, sometimes two. These figures might illustrate "Lord of whatever," the titles from Book T and represent the primary meaning. Many of the other images illustrate the various meanings given in Book T. This doesn't always apply but it happens enough that to me it couldn't be coincidence.

Emily

Thanks for posting the link, Abrac - I've just read through part of it, I've not seen this one before and its fascinating. :)

Always Wondering

nisaba said:
I just ... have all this ambivalence about it ...

Anyone else the same?

For me it is more of physical reaction as the magical images trigger anxiety like symptoms and I find a real need to ground myself. I noticed this with both Liber-T and the magical images of the Sephiroth. I just can't look at them very long, yet. I think Scion explains it best in Scion's Handy Guide To The Deacons, bottom of page two-top of page three.
It's a shame, I find it so fascinating, I think I would love the deck, just can't stay grounded enough to study it for more than a few minutes, especially in conjunction with Scion's guide :( Sooo much imagery.

AW

Emily

Hi WolfyJames,

Thanks for posting a link to your blog -I've downloaded the PDF's - I can't believe that I haven't managed to find any of this info before. It's all making a lot of sense. :)

Emily

Always Wondering said:
For me it is more of physical reaction as the magical images trigger anxiety like symptoms and I find a real need to ground myself. I noticed this with both Liber-T and the magical images of the Sephiroth. I just can't look at them very long, yet. I think Scion explains it best in Scion's Handy Guide To The Deacons, bottom of page two-top of page three.
It's a shame, I find it so fascinating, I think I would love the deck, just can't stay grounded enough to study it for more than a few minutes, especially in conjunction with Scion's guide :( Sooo much imagery.

AW

Have you tried using it at its most basic? Forget about the Decans for a while and just use the keywords as a stepping stone. Don't over analyse the artwork, if a small part of the artwork seems to stand out - just read that.

The Minors can come across as very busy but by starting out with the basics, the deck seems to open more as you get used to it.

Always Wondering

Thanks Emily, I will give that a try.

AW

SolSionnach

Always Wondering said:
Scion's Handy Guide To The Deacons
I know you didn't mean it this way, and it was just a typo, but I also have trouble with deacons!

(as in the deacons of the Baptist church, et al...)

:)