*ahem* anyone else have this deck...?

Terrapin

Thanks so much to both of you, Terrapin and Tarot Heart :)

I have to admit I was feeling like a bit of a chump for liking this deck so much ;p I guess I am not very advanced in Tarot in comparison to many others here (but comparisons are odious, so I am not going there!) I have to admit, I cannot think what is wrong with being a sunny, smiley person...and I don't like the *Dark* Doom* Gloom* cards, cause they just aren't me. But not liking them doesn't make me less smart or less deep!

Terrapin, I will check out those decks - Hanson-Roberts sounds familiar, I am sure I have seen that before somewhere...Shadowscapes sounds interesting too, I will go check it out! I haven't heard of the Paulina, but I will look it up as well :) thanks so much for your kind suggestions.

I am loving the images on the Alchemy deck, but it sounds like it is hard to use...

Anyways, I am super-glad that at least some of you understand why I might like this deck, and not think me an outright sap for liking it... :) Though I can see that some of the biting comments others made about it are funny :)

Really, I don't think most people here would think you are a sap. We all have decks we find compelling and think that surely we are the only ones on Earth who feel a certain love for them and then on some thread everyone spills their guts and we realize we aren't alone in our guilty pleasures and everyone has a laugh. People here are very supportive and most can laugh at themselves. When fussiness comes out it has more to do with having fun and you've probably noticed some of the observations that folks make here (about lots of topics) are seriously FUNNY. What a group!

Padma

Really, I don't think most people here would think you are a sap. We all have decks we find compelling and think that surely we are the only ones on Earth who feel a certain love for them and then on some thread everyone spills their guts and we realize we aren't alone in our guilty pleasures and everyone has a laugh. People here are very supportive and most can laugh at themselves. When fussiness comes out it has more to do with having fun and you've probably noticed some of the observations that folks make here (about lots of topics) are seriously FUNNY. What a group!

lol - it is a great group, Terrapin, and I have had several laughs while trolling the forum! :D even some at my own expense - and I am ok with that!

Richard

I don't know. Maybe the Connolly is just being honest about what people do anyhow. I don't know how many times I've read that Trump XIII (Death) means change, transformation, new life, rebirth. If anyone (such as I) dares to suggest that it may simply mean Death (becoming worm food), and that rebirth is more within the province of Trump XX (The Last Judgment) , they start throwing rotten tomatoes at the offending culprit (me). :D

Isn't the 2 of Cups a bit scandalous? Looks a little like Jesus and his girlfriend (Mary of Magdala?) enjoying a cup of good cheer. No, no, impossible! What was I thinking? :)

Queen of Disks

I don't know. Maybe the Connolly is just being honest about what people do anyhow. I don't know how many times I've read that Trump XIII (Death) means change, transformation, new life, rebirth. If anyone (such as I) dares to suggest that it may simply mean Death (becoming worm food), and that rebirth is more within the province of Trump XX (The Last Judgment) , they start throwing rotten tomatoes at the offending culprit (me). :D

Isn't the 2 of Cups a bit scandalous? Looks a little like Jesus and his girlfriend (Mary of Magdala?) enjoying a cup of good cheer. No, no, impossible! What was I thinking? :)

That's what I thought the 2 of Cups was! :D

Padma

Hahaha! Yes, it does look that way on the two of Cups, doesn't it? :) but hey, I think they really were lovers :)

I can see why you would believe that about Judgment, because that is part of the meaning of that card. But I have had Death (or in my case, Transformation) come up so many times linked to change and growth, that I can't help but think it is definitely part of it. I have seen Judgment come up more often linked to the kind of changes that come when you learn something and then move on. Well...regardless, I actually like the Transformation title because it makes sense to me in context of the card :)

tarot heart

Well, it just may be Mary and Joseph, but nothing wrong with Jesus and Mary Magdaline too. I have no problem with that. Not so scandalous. Don't forget Jesus defended Mary Magdaline. ;)

Richard

Hahaha! Yes, it does look that way on the two of Cups, doesn't it? :) but hey, I think they really were lovers :)......
Quite seriously, I think so too. There is, in fact, an ancient document among the Nag Hammadi scrolls in which Mary is, in fact, the "beloved disciple" of Jesus. The other (male) disciples, of course, are very jealous of her privileged status.

gregory

Quite seriously, I think so too. There is, in fact, an ancient document among the Nag Hammadi scrolls in which Mary is, in fact, the "beloved disciple" of Jesus. The other (male) disciples, of course, are very jealous of her privileged status.

Yes. And there was also the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, I believe - suppressed around the time that men decided the church was all male and decided what the bible "should have" in it, and censored out the rest. :mad: She had a special place before all that, and also hers was a gnostic gospel and all those were suppressed - along with the gnostic gospels of Thomas, Philip and Nicodemus.

Myrrha

I really like the way the colors look in the link QueenofDisks posted. I wonder if really is a re-coloration or if it is just that colors can look really different depending on how they are scanned and differences in computer monitors.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic when I said the bright colors interfered with my reading with the deck, just the literal truth. Somehow darker less distracting colors work better for me. I quite agree with Lotus Padma that liking bright colors or cheerful, optimistic decks doesn't make anyone less deep. Maybe if I email usgames they can tell me what is up with this deck and the colors?

Padma

Yes. And there was also the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, I believe - suppressed around the time that men decided the church was all male and decided what the bible "should have" in it, and censored out the rest. :mad: She had a special place before all that, and also hers was a gnostic gospel and all those were suppressed - along with the gnostic gospels of Thomas, Philip and Nicodemus.

Yes, and i remember reading a dissertation on the "Last Supper" painting by Leonardo - there was an argument about the figure on his right, stretching towards him - it is thought now that he is a she, and is Mary Magdalene :) too bad she got kicked off the island...

There is also a fabulous short story by D.H. Laurence called "The Man who Died" which is about Jesus' love of Magdalene - if you are interested :)